South East Asia Servers

Comments

• tangjutsu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From the Philippines here, I have been playing Battlefield 1 since November last year. I have enjoyed playing Conquest and Team death match however I can't seem to play operations since most servers, I think, I have been joining are from Japan. Hoping they add the Hong Kong or the Singaporean server soon. Currently the lowest ping I got was 87 and having spikes up to 300. >.<
  • BFSG_BlueBulb
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    no RSP for HK servers :(

NO CAPACITY :(
  • Inugami157
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    my ping is still 180+ even with HK server, guess I'll just go play R6 and pray that DICE will add a SG server soon XD
  • Eve_Zero
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After the winter update, the ping just getting more ridiculous
    I guess this is it...
    No more playing BF1 till more reasonable ping
  • stewiei3d
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Inugami157 wrote: »
    my ping is still 180+ even with HK server, guess I'll just go play R6 and pray that DICE will add a SG server soon XD

Who is your provider in SG?
  • BFSG_BlueBulb
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    release more HK RSP pls.
  • BeerGrillz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Eve_Zero wrote: »
    After the winter update, the ping just getting more ridiculous
    I guess this is it...
    No more playing BF1 till more reasonable ping

Exactly I didn't use to get 210 ping on Japanese servers for some reason this is the case now.
  • TheNewR3bel
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wanted to post my experience with hong Kong severs. ABYSSMAL. 212 PING ON ALL OF THEM. How does this even happen? HK severs in bf4 are still 30-50 ping. HK severs in rainbow six are also 46 ping. HK severs in CSGO are 50 ping when I do get matchmaked into them. So how in the world am I getting 212 ping in battlefield 1. It's horrible. At this point I have pretty much given up all hope in the game. If we ask them why they will just tell us that it's a client sided issue. If we ask them to add more severs they will point to the fact that hk sever should provide a low enough ping. I don't see how the situation would change untill they decide to allow sever hosters back into battlefield.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Wanted to post my experience with hong Kong severs. ABYSSMAL. 212 PING ON ALL OF THEM. How does this even happen? HK severs in bf4 are still 30-50 ping. HK severs in rainbow six are also 46 ping. HK severs in CSGO are 50 ping when I do get matchmaked into them. So how in the world am I getting 212 ping in battlefield 1. It's horrible. At this point I have pretty much given up all hope in the game. If we ask them why they will just tell us that it's a client sided issue. If we ask them to add more severs they will point to the fact that hk sever should provide a low enough ping. I don't see how the situation would change untill they decide to allow sever hosters back into battlefield.

The problem could well be EA/DICE's "high performance server hardware"..
    How about sharing the specs on them? @Braddock512 @Striterax
  • Inugami157
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Not really about BF1 but Rainbow 6 siege even has a worse connection problem than in BF1 LOLOLOL. Last night apart from spending 10 mins every match-making, their so-called "unique p2p networking" pair me with player from India and disconnected me from ranked match 4 times. also this kind of problem happen EVERYDAY I play R6.

BF1, this's your chance now to bring me back to BF. Add the server in SEA region now and fix the ping in HK server >.<.
    stewiei3d wrote: »

I live in Thailand though.

EDIT. It seem like there are many problems going on with the server things right now, and here we're still struggle to find a server with decent ping to play with. None of these were the problem back in BF4. What happen here?
    Post edited by Inugami157 on
  • Adalwulf007
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Inugami157 wrote: »
    Not really about BF1 but Rainbow 6 siege even has a worse connection problem than in BF1 LOLOLOL. Last night apart from spending 10 mins every match-making, their so-called "unique p2p networking" pair me with player from India and disconnected me from ranked match 4 times. also this kind of problem happen EVERYDAY I play R6.

BF1, this's your chance now to bring me back to BF. Add the server in SEA region now and fix the ping in HK server >.<.
    stewiei3d wrote: »

I live in Thailand though.

EDIT. It seem like there are many problems going on with the server things right now, and here we're still struggle to find a server with decent ping to play with. None of these were the problem back in BF4. What happen here?

What went wrong? They got greedy!!
  • 023lx
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ping to HK servers from Thailand is now at about 75 +/- 5 ms or so. Good, but not what we're used to. Add SG and Thailand servers, and we'll be good to go. By the way, just wondering... how many virtual images are stacked to each physical server, and what specs for each server and what is the bandwidth allotment, etc.?How many virtual images is each virtual server divided into? How many games / servers are crammed onto one virtual image per physical server? etc. I expect to not get an answer, but that would be cool to know / have it broken down for us. :* Prices for hosting in Thailand should be affordable, no? Me thinks so. I'm sure SG would get priority due to there being HK server now anyway, and its proximity to Australia and Malaysia etc. Which would be Fine. I guess
  • bardeh
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    023lx wrote: »
    Ping to HK servers from Thailand is now at about 75 +/- 5 ms or so. Good, but not what we're used to. Add SG and Thailand servers, and we'll be good to go. By the way, just wondering... how many virtual images are stacked to each physical server, and what specs for each server and what is the bandwidth allotment, etc.?How many virtual images is each virtual server divided into? How many games / servers are crammed onto one virtual image per physical server? etc. I expect to not get an answer, but that would be cool to know / have it broken down for us. :* Prices for hosting in Thailand should be affordable, no? Me thinks so. I'm sure SG would get priority due to there being HK server now anyway, and its proximity to Australia and Malaysia etc. Which would be Fine. I guess

If Singapore was in any way a priority, there would have been servers based there since launch. EA are so cheap that they didn't bother, and I doubt they ever will. I really hope that anyone based in SEA will learn a lesson from this, and NEVER buy an EA multiplayer game again unless they guarantee Singapore servers before launch. I'm based in Thailand too, and Overwatch, LoL, DOTA 2, Path of Exile and many many more - all have servers in Singapore that offer excellent ping to everyone in SEA. I hear that they cost a little more, but that is absolutely no excuse for a company the size of EA. It's pure penny pinching, and that is unforgiveable. What is even worse is the total lack of communication on these forums.

Customer service and communication has been AWFUL since release, and it's a real shame because the core product (the game itself) is really good. However, If EA and DICE are going to treat an entire region as an afterthought, I will not be rewarding them with my money in the future.
  • stewiei3d
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shouldn't you have good connectivity from Thailand to Hong Kong now?
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Again: EA/DICE's "high performance server hardware".
    How about sharing the specs on them?

We listen to the community.. How about giving us some simple answers as well?

@Braddock512 @Striterax

• KongKK
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good thing I refunded the game on the very first month. Even now 4 months later they still pretty much dgaf. No regrets. The battlefield series is dead to me now.
  • BFSG_BlueBulb
    till date... there is not enough HK servers...
  • 023lx
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    yay..
    Post edited by 023lx on
  • bad2dbone2
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    I am from Malaysia and having 30mbps connection. I was getting 60ms-79ms playing "They shall not pass" on the first week on Hong Kong servers until they updated on 20 March 2017. Now I am getting 165ms-170ms on Hong Kong server which is unplayable. Japan server on the first week was about 120-150 ms so I was always on HK server jumping on Japan server only when HK server is full but now it is Japan server having 120-125ms. Triple digit ping for both countries is now making it difficult to enjoy the game. What happened EA? What was changed? Please look into it.
    Post edited by bad2dbone2 on
  • bad2dbone2
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Please see this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfOoCUS0PSkVr4TDUfOQydoC9IQWOfvAy&v=vB0Vj9_c234

Let your wallet do the talking from now on. This youtuber have the solution near the end of this video. I am now heading in that direction in future franchise. Thank you EA for making it easy for me to decide.