Uboats?

SkilletBurn
385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can't find anything posted if these are in the game or not. Probably not me thinks, but how cool would that be :)

Comments

• punx_01
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Uboats were a ww2 thing
  • State0fFear
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Uboats were a ww2 thing

They existed in WW1. See the fate of the Lusitania

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Lusitania

And I do think there is a possibility of uboats. Maybe they don't dive but could behave like gunboats in bf4. Dice has said there are at least 3 sea vehicles. We know battleship and landing craft, leaves at least one more
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Uboats were a ww2 thing". Say Wat!

History is your friend :)

The U-boat Campaign from 1914 to 1918 was the World War I naval campaign fought by German U-boats against the trade routes of the Allies. It took place largely in the seas around the British Isles and in the Mediterranean.

In the course of events, German U-boats sank almost 5,000 ships with nearly 13 million gross register ton, losing 178 boats and about 5,000 men in combat.[4]

• Say_Hellr
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Sounds OP, what would be their counter if another sub is destroyed?
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Subs were fun in BF1942. While I doubt we may see them in BF1, depth charges will probably be our only way to take them out when submerged.
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Uboats were a ww2 thing

:confused: Ummmm... they were kinda one of the major reasons the US ended up entering the war in the first place....