Already nothing to shoot for

RogueLdr
25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This game just launched and i already feel like i have no goals in the game.

I don't even play that much, am only lvl 16 (as i recall) and i already have most of the guns i want unlocked for the classes i play and... that's it... there's nothing else.
There's no attachments to unlock, there's no configurations to fiddle with to tweak your favorite weapon. Most of the guns are garbage as they're just slightly improved versions of the lower rank version so once you have the "top" one the rest become largely useless.

Near as i can tell Battlepacks only offer skins and maybe some puzzle pieces for melee weapons which don't really matter other then "feel".

I know the point of these games is the combat, that's fine, but i'm one of those people who plays more to unlock certain things. Without that carrot to chase the game gets boring much quicker.

Comments

• BrokeWar
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very happy with focusing on objectives and less on assignments. Maps are good now after the mostly bad maps from bf4. VERY happy with bf1 and will be happier once HC is sorted out.
  • KleeanupGuy
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BrokeWar wrote: »
    I'm very happy with focusing on objectives and less on assignments. Maps are good now after the mostly bad maps from bf4. VERY happy with bf1 and will be happier once HC is sorted out.

can you explain to me why everyone is waiting for HC come out? Whats the hype behind it?
  • Kilzall
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It has nothing to do with super shiny pink awesome LegioX.

It has everything to do with game play. This is a lopsided, sniper friendly no assault weapon available piece of junk. You want snipers? Go play COD. This BF. This is where assault reigns supreme. At least it did until this piece of garbage came out.
  • Keeboard-Cowboy
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you bought a first person shooter for the unlocks then maybe you should have bought a different game, like and RPG or the likes.
    I play FPS games for gameplay and for the pew pew....not the unlocks. And that way, I won't get bored with a game like this after a couple of hours.
    Hell, I remember when medal of honour allied assault came out and there were no unlocks at all and I still played the crap out of that game (I actually miss those games where you didn't have to unlock crap and you played it for the gameplay).
  • JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    RogueLdr wrote: »

I don't even play that much, am only lvl 16 (as i recall) and i already have most of the guns i want unlocked for the classes i play and... that's it... there's nothing else.
    There's no attachments to unlock, there's no configurations to fiddle with to tweak your favorite weapon. Most of the guns are garbage as they're just slightly improved versions of the lower rank version so once you have the "top" one the rest become largely useless.

Near as i can tell Battlepacks only offer skins and maybe some puzzle pieces for melee weapons which don't really matter other then "feel".

I know the point of these games is the combat, that's fine, but i'm one of those people who plays more to unlock certain things. Without that carrot to chase the game gets boring much quicker.

i created a thread about this topic and got flamed. I called the thread BF1 lack of content and all the EA Drones assumed i was talking about Medals and Ribbons.

Content, weapons, customisation, vehicles and factions. Believe me when i tell you this, this game is gonna be a ghost town within a month. a few days in can easily unlock everything. That not what we meant DICE when the community asked for fewer guns.

Don't get me wrong its a good game, but the lack of "Weapons, Vehicles and Customisation" is gonna send this game to an early grave. Just like Hardline and Battlefront.
  • fvmz
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JaKSLaP wrote: »
    RogueLdr wrote: »

i created a thread about this topic and got flamed. I called the thread BF1 lack of content...

Rightly so. The game has been out officially for 4 days and somehow between then and now you've found time to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and moan about ... what... lack of attachments... as if you fundamentally do not understand what DICE has done.

The attachments and tweaks break balance.

4 days out we should be talking about how well they've accomplished the task of balancing the game.
  • OminousZ
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How about playing because the game is fun and full of things you can do. Just saying...it's not all about unlocks, ranks, k/d...it's about having fun and challenging yourself to get better.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    LegioX wrote: »
    Gamers these days just want unlocks up the a$$. They rather play for that super shinny pink awesome gun than play to win matches. This is the best BF to date. No more auto lock crap like you see in bf 4

Lol they give us less and yet you people jump for joy......
  • OminousZ
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gamers these days just want unlocks up the a$$. They rather play for that super shinny pink awesome gun than play to win matches. This is the best BF to date. No more auto lock crap like you see in bf 4

Sometimes less is more. Too much useless crap in BF4. But that's what the kiddies like I guess.
  • Efranord
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Its the fanboy hype fog that is surrounding these people. They seem to defend every design desicion made by EA/DICE so it is quite pointless to post any constructive on these forums. Only thing it accompishes is feeling bad afterwards couse so many fanboys are attacking and trolling feedback posters.