BF1 Blue Screen of Death

SleepySoviet
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
I've been having this issue since yesterday. I'll get BSOD at random intervals with a system_service_exception error. Changing my GPU drivers has changed nothing.
I only have problems with this game, everything else works fine with no issues.
Nvidia 970M GPU
16gb RAM
Win 10 x64
Intel core i7-1410HQ CPU 2.5 GHz

Thanks

Comments

• HitlerLovesyouu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here,mate. It always happens after a match when they're showing scoreboards and stuff.
  • Fluffyfrogs
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get blue screen when i try to enter a game
  • Zeddsworth
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Just had this happen to me for the first time a few minutes ago, it happened like 30 seconds into the start of TDM on Monte Grappa, before that I was playing Operations and TDM without any problems.

The game froze while the music still played, then I CTRL+ALT+DEL and I clicked on task manager and it kicked me back to desktop with the same GPU driver error as usual but this time the annoying "ERRRRRRRRRR" Windows sound happened and everything froze and then BSOD and restart. I am skeptical of whether it's BF1 or the XFX RX 480 8gb I just got on the same day as BF1, I'm guessing it's just BF1 but who knows with a new GPU, all my other games I tested seem to work fine with no crashes.

BF1 settings:
    Everything Ultra except PostProcessing on medium, Resolution scale at 145%, TAA on, HBAO on, DX11 mode.

Specs:
    Windows 10 64bit latest update
    All relevant DirectX and NetFramework packages installed
    i3-6100 stock
    8gb DDR4 RAM
    XFX RX 480 8gb latest drivers
    7200 RPM 1TB HDD

The game has crashed at least 4 times on me in 35 hours of play time, this was the first BSOD crash though, but every time it crashed before I still get this DirectX ERROR message:

• jarraeve
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have been having the same problem all other games run fine but i keep getting it to freeze mid game and then get BSOD
  • Zeddsworth
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jarraeve wrote: »
    i have been having the same problem all other games run fine but i keep getting it to freeze mid game and then get BSOD

Well that makes me feel better, in that case I think it's safe to say that the game is just bugged with certain rigs and BSODS out of nowhere, I hope the next patch fixes this and the DX12 issue.
  • BastionOfCalm
    edited October 2016
    Same here guys... Had this problem since the day of release on friday last week. Sometimes it happens after 30 minutes of playing, then it runs 2 hours straight smoothly and it happens again. Really frustrating for all of us obviously. I can't play a single round of Operations without the Blue Screen happening... At least you get the points you achieved before the crash happens, but 'leaving your buddies behind' over and over again because of maybe incorrect programming is just annoying.

There may be some other bugs here and there but those are not worth mentioning, yet this one really is substantially.

I do really hope that some guy of DICE finds this thread and takes care of this problem.

Playing the game, not knowing when it will crash again just sucks tbo.

Windows 7, 64bit, latest update

2000GB SATA III 7200upm

240GB SATA III PNY CS1311 SSD

PC Mainboard AM3
    Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P (Chipsatz:AMD 970/SB950/ATX)

8192 MB NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070

16384MB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel 1600MHz (2x 8GB)

AMD FX-8350 8x 4.0 GHz
  • IGna7iuSv
    If anyone is still having this problem, I may have found a fix. Go into video settings, there is a setting for restricting you GPU usage, it is set to disabled as default. I had this same issue until I enabled this and I haven't had a single BSOD since, I couldn't play a full game without BSOD prior to that. Hope this helps some of you.
  • HitlerLovesyouu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IGna7iuSv wrote: »
    If anyone is still having this problem, I may have found a fix. Go into video settings, there is a setting for restricting you GPU usage, it is set to disabled as default. I had this same issue until I enabled this and I haven't had a single BSOD since, I couldn't play a full game without BSOD prior to that. Hope this helps some of you.

It certainly did, thanks man!
  • BastionOfCalm
    IGna7iuSv wrote: »

Didn't work for me unfortunately... Interesting to say, for me the setting already has been set to enabled as default. So I disabled it, played a round with a crash happening and enabled it again trying to play another round with a crash happening.

Any further ideas gents? Are there any other threads with people who encountered the same problem? Or did DICE or EA already adressed the problem in any way?
  • I_ScoRp1oN_I
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been having this issue since yesterday. I'll get BSOD at random intervals with a system_service_exception error. Changing my GPU drivers has changed nothing.
    I only have problems with this game, everything else works fine with no issues.
    Nvidia 970M GPU
    16gb RAM
    Win 10 x64
    Intel core i7-1410HQ CPU 2.5 GHz

Thanks

try this https://www.xtremerain.com/how-to-fix-system-service-exception/
  • Deloeks
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a BSOD is a stability issue with your machine.
  • St0n3ymontana
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Happened to me twice when i was changing & testing different settings. Only thing i thought it could have been was my overclock speed on my cpu. I lowered it & i haven't had the problem since. However i have since enabled the gpu memory usage in game. So i'm not 100% clear which caused it. When i got the bluescreen the first time it ran a test on its own but never restarted like it said it was going to do. I had to do a hard shutdown & restarted and it was fine.
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dunno what DICE is doing, but it seems like this game starts getting worse performance-wise each day. It worked well at launch, and now the stuttering and crashes are occurring more. And I'm holding back from downloading another Nvidia driver update because it seems to either fix one thing in BF1 and break another.
  • jarraeve
    i am still having the problem i tried reinstalling drivers and changing in game setting but still getting bsod. this is the only game that im having problems with all others run fine
  • TokenWolF4200
    Same **** guys, Ive BSOD like 3 times since release day, and crashed about a dozen.. I dont think it has anything to do with any of our systems its errors from the game, they will be worked out I HOPE, but dont sweat it! our pc's are fine!
  • CypherDD
    Yes, Is a Problem of The Game...
    My Other Games going all. System no Problem, only when i Start BF1 Comes a bluescreen in 5-60 min.
    Is Not okay by this Price of The Game
  • Onlin3G
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hey i had the exact same problem. I fixed it with an older nvidia driver 373.06 (should be the last one with Geforce Experience V 2.XX).
    I know it is not the best solution but it is working for me at the moment.

I will post again when i occur other or the same problem again.

My System:
    AMD FX 8350
    16 GB RAM
    nvidia geforce gtx 770 with 4 gb vram
    Win 10 x64
    Post edited by Onlin3G on
  • floodmayhem
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ive been having the same BSOD crashes during BF1 only.
    I tried rolling back my display adapter driver from the device manager, seeing how i dont know how to rollback with the new radeon yet,
    and that seemed to work for maybe an hour, ran perfectly smooth, then bsod again.
    I get this error about every other match.
    I figure its some update with the game that is having issues with dx12 and newer cards.

Seriously would like for them to fix this quickly and correctly. I just purchased the game 2 days ago and then almost immediately after i enjoy it for a day, this happens.

AMD FX 8350
    16gb ddr3 2100
    amd rx480 8g
    win10 x64
  • VVIIITCH
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    happens to me after a match ends when they are showing leaderboards and stuff!
  • Impax202
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    !!!!!!!Bluescreen FIX!!!!!!!

Hello Guys,

i got a Fix for the problem, i got everytime Random after 5-20 Minutes a Bluescreen, only in Battlefield 1.

I´m sure we all getting the Bluescreen´s from the CPU (overclocking)
    My CPU was overclocking on 4,6 GHZ from 4,0 GHZ, i changed it back to 4,0 GHZ and no Bluescreen´s for me anymore.
    I dont know, but BF1 can´t handle a overclocking CPU.

Just try and i´m sure it will help u all!