Anyone else struggling to get used to the aiming?

DangerousDan321
17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with aiming? Ive gone from being pretty good on BF4 to absolutely shocking on BF1. Ive played around with the sensitivity and just cannot seem to get used to it. 10 hours in and im still really struggling. Im finding it hard to enjoy losing pretty much every gun fight

Comments

• bobafrost1982
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's the new Snap aiming option. It's on with default. Try turning it off in controls.
  • alarson0783
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope it gets patched. The recoil sucks too.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of automatic weapons makes it important to hit your target.
  • xXR33F3RXx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try turning on uniform soldier aiming and turn it down to 0% or mess about with it yourself
  • N1CK1892
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seem to be having the same issue. Other games I can aim fine but for some reason the sticks are over sensitive in BF1 Have tried turning them down but still no joy. Am I missing something?( excuse the pun) Frustrating..
  • TeamHOFF86
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It certainly doesn't feel as natural as BF3 or BF4 and I did struggle at first.

I've played with the sensitivity and tried turning off the aim assists. All that happened was that I started swinging wildly at the target and couldn't hit a thing.

My accuracy stats seem reasonable so I imagine that I've pretty much found my sweet spot (although I need to turn vehicle sensitivity back down...) but it still doesn't feel quite right...
  • FlamFives
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's definitely the acceleration. This is very easy to reproduce, just push your right stick full left or right and watch how the turning speed accelerates. Previous Battlefield titles didn't do this and this was also not present during the Xbox Beta but is there for the retail release. (It was in the beta on ps4 and I posted here about it during that beta as well, noting ps4 was different at the time).

Seems DICE fixed it by making both platforms the same/terrible. at least provide an option to disable aim acceleration.
  • xGatt1x
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah i have problem with aiming too lol
  • jayjayff
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It depends on whether you aim assist. I for once, don't. But was losing pretty much every gun fight. Then it turns out the first weapon out of the assault class is complete crap. And then I'm back to killing people. Especially because I didn't understand the purpose of "trench" vs "factory" or "scoped"

Trench=PDW version, laser sight. Loses long range accuracy, but hip fire becomes better.
    Factory/Lightweight is normal version of the gun. In between.
    And Scope is obviously better at aiming down the sight.

I kept trying to use a trench as a factory/scoped. And just died because of the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tier firepower of the first weapons you get, and the lower accuracy. Now I'm back to abusing people.

Another aspect to consider is the fact that one of the biggest aspect of gun fights in this game is the lack of visibility. So it kind of promotes camping and hyper awareness/closing corners when you're in the aggressive side.
    Just make sure you know where and why you're going to a place relative to the enemy team and get a jump on them.
  • DangerousDan321
    edited October 2016
    Glad to hear im not the only person struggling. Yeah it seems that the initial movement of the stick is slow and then seems to speed up too much. Really hope this gets sorted

Which assault weapon are you playing with jayjayff? Cheers
  • MattKaia1970
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Me too,Struggling to hit.Grrrr.
  • DisfunkD86
    696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yep me too bad company 2 was perfect how could they have ruined such a perfect game with this dreadful aiming mechanics
  • BooniePepper
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been messing with the sensitivities, and still haven't found my sweet spot. I do find the guns swing around way too fast. Would be nice to see a better adjustment for that then what we have currently
  • Makaiev
    I find I keep over-aiming or under-aiming and I can't seem to fix it. No matter what sensitivity I have my controller set to I always seem to overshoot or undershoot the target.
  • TurboReecey
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What ever they did since last Friday has screwed the latency. I can't hit anything anymore. Had no problems before after a few hours of getting use to the game.

Now the only way I can kill anything is horse or tank. At least you don't have to worry about adjusting sensitivity of your control sticks for the 100th time !
  • DangerousDan321
    Makaiev wrote: »
    I find I keep over-aiming or under-aiming and I can't seem to fix it. No matter what sensitivity I have my controller set to I always seem to overshoot or undershoot the target.

Yeah trying to hit a moving target is a nightmare. Overshooting all the time
  • bobafrost1982
    I turned off aim assist and the snap aiming last night. I went 34 and 15 no problem with the first support gun (lewis I think). I could bearly break 10 kills before that and most were with explosives. Ps4 player
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have terrible aim but that's my bad playing but my personal bug bear when looking down a scope your shot can still be blocked by something not seen in the scope the amount of times I've emptied a full clip at a target thinking why isn't he dead only to find I've been shooting the window/rock/branch/floor I was leaning on
  • MajorRuined
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with aiming? Ive gone from being pretty good on BF4 to absolutely shocking on BF1. Ive played around with the sensitivity and just cannot seem to get used to it. 10 hours in and im still really struggling. Im finding it hard to enjoy losing pretty much every gun fight

Me and my friend did a ps4 to pc comparison on recoil as i noticed on pc youtube videos pc was much easier to aim, i took my ps4 to my friends and we set everything exactly the same and ps4 aiming and recoil is twice as bad as the pc.
    I have reported it in the bug section but i dont expect them to look into it anytime soon as it took them over a year to fix it on bf4.
    Its not your aiming its the bf1 setup that we cant change as there are no options to adjust it