Devs, why we don't have Battlelog in BF1? Removing it was a big step backwards. Answers needed!

RTFM_Nemesis_FF
66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
    Hello guys, hello DICE,
    I have a really big problem with the fact, that we don’t have Battlelog support in BF1 anymore. I know that I’m not the only one. I talked to my clan mates and we all miss Battlelog. Now I try to make you understand what we are missing:
    We are living in a time of social media. Means things like Facebook or Twitter are huge things. The people want to show what they are doing every time and everywhere. Battlelog fits perfect into this time. It’s a little bit like Facebook. You hat your own profile which you could customize and write something about you or link your youtube or Twitch-Channel and you got views because of this. This gave you a lot of individuality and this is an important thing. At next you had the Battel Reports. So if you hat a very good round, you could watch it again or share it with your Battlelog Friends in your Battle feed.
    Next thing, I don’t know why I need to start the game if I only want to have a short look at my server favorites to see if a server is filled? I also don’t know why I need to start the game to have a short look if there is a good domination server? With battlelog it was so easy and fast. The next thing is the queue on a server. Why do I need to be ingame and watch my monitor like a dummy while waiting to join the server? With Battlelog you could go in queue and check your mails while waiting.
    But the most important things were the platoons. You could make a Platoon with your Mates and it gives you a feeling of beeing a team. You could customize your platoon feed and ask for new Members or you could show which PCW’s (clan wars) or whichs Cups you won with your team. It was also a possibility to get in touch with other people. For example there was a platoon with a lot of people from many clans in whole europe who wanted to play 5 vs 5 competitive. So you could write on the platoon feed „looking for 5v5 Domination Dawnbreaker this evening 6 p.m. ESL rules“ and you usually got an answer and you had a team for a clan war very quick. Or if you get banned on a server. You could go into the platoon of t he clan who owns the server and there you find TS3 data the most time and you could join there TS server and you could clarify the situation and you got unbanned.
    Want to give you an other example. You played with somebody on a public server and you had a good round, he revived you, you revived him and there was good teamplay. So you could open the battle report, open the profile of this guy and send him a friend request. And in BF1? You need to notice his nick name (for example GeCore_JerrYoO1 (wow an easy name to remember)) and you can try to find him in origin. Awesome… NOT! I could bring you sooo much more examples but I think you know what I mean. With battlelog everything feels good and connected, you had everything you need and with platoons and watching profiles of other peoples it feels like a real community and it was fun. Now everything feels anonymous, cold, dead.
    Now I want to know, why do we don’t have Battlelog anymore? There is not even the tiniest which is better with the new (old) system in Battlefield 1. It’s a big big step backwards in all points. Battlelog was new, cool, innovative and very very practically. The only bad thing about Battlelog was that some people had problems joining a server, but let’s be honest. In Battlefield 1 it’s more bugy to join a server than it ever was with Battlelog. If you open a party always somebody of your mates can’t join it. And if you are in your party with your mates finally, always somebody can’t join the server. It’s bugy as hell and it needs 10-20 minutes to get on a server with your mates.
Conclusion:

Don’t giving us battlelog support with BF1 was a big mistake. The new (old) system doesn’t have the tiniest advantage compared with battlelog. Everything you can do now, you could also do with battlelog and you could do it better in so many ways and there are so many features missing now. Battlelog had his problems but instead of wasting time with removing all the good featues and making this dumb ingame browser you should have work on battlelog and fix the last bugs. Battlelog was the future and you destroyed it.
And now DICE, tell me why!
    This was from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for reading…

Comments

• currentaffairs
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I disagree, i like having a ingame server browser again
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    drumkru wrote: »

Why? Tell me one advantage of an ingame browser. And it need to be said that an ingame server browser and Battlelog can coexist. There is no need to remove all the good features of Battlelog which I tried to explain here and which you were ignoring.
  • M0istGamer
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    On Censorship: EA parent company cowering to the demands of millenial stay at home moms that believe every single space should be a safe space.

On the removal of the battlelog: Cut costs until just before you reach the threshold at which the consumer would no longer buy your game. Clearly they thought they could cut this out of the development cycle and that we'd still buy the game. Whcih we did. Probably saved a lot of money.

We SWBF players tried to warn everyone of this practice from EA, including releasing the game in a beta state. No Hardcore mode? Please, you're surprised? We SWBF vets expected a 60$ beta, and that's what we got for BF1.

It's just another episode in the vicious cycle of companies releasing the bare minimum to get you to buy the game and subsequently pleasing shareholders.

We waited 300 days for an a-wing hitbox fix and to my knowledge theyre still waiting over there. If you want your gun balance to be fixed or if youre expecting communications from Devs better dial back your expectation knob down from 10 to 1 or 0.
  • NWG_Feclez
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They have changed the way the Battlelog is.

You have 2 forms of seeing pretty much all the same sort of info what battlelog used to, 1st is in game on the soldier tab and then try downloading the BF1 companion to your phone. that alone has stats and such which you could see on battlelog like kd ratios and such.

With the way the mobile communications world is with apps for mobiles it looks like they have taken that route with things rather than a web browser version.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    NWG_Feclez wrote: »

You have 2 forms of seeing pretty much all the same sort of info what battlelog used to, 1st is in game on the soldier tab and then try downloading the BF1 companion to your phone. that alone has stats and such which you could see on battlelog like kd ratios and such.

With the way the mobile communications world is with apps for mobiles it looks like they have taken that route with things rather than a web browser version.

You can see YOUR stats, this is right. But alle the other features are missing (battle reports, platoons, battle feed and so on and so on). And you cant see the stats of other people.
  • Kourteous
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like it as well but we have so many issues with Battlelog in BF4. At BF1 the system is working fine and it is a very clean and nice interface. Since I've been playing this game I have no issues with the loadout interface.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    Kourteous wrote: »
    I like it as well but we have so many issues with Battlelog in BF4. At BF1 the system is working fine and it is a very clean and nice interface. Since I've been playing this game I have no issues with the loadout interface.

As is said it had some problems. But instead of removing all great features and wasting time with an ingame solution they should have fix the last bugs with battlelogs. And I have more problems now. As I said, my mates and me needs 15 minutes to join a server now.
  • NWG_Feclez
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    FAMAS_Nub wrote: »

You can see YOUR stats, this is right. But alle the other features are missing (battle reports, platoons, battle feed and so on and so on). And you cant see the stats of other people.

Only thing worth while these days is seeing other peoples stats.

Battlefeed - who cares who made friends with whom and if someone else played a map or completed a dog tag getting 100 kills with a weapon
    Platoons - you got to see who was in a clan with a chat box, no big loss as most clans will have their own website and things like TS etc for communication. Even small platoon groups would have their own thing.
    Battle Reports - Yes although was nice to see some things after games finished for longer period of time, its not really any great loss when you have all your own stats you need to look at overall through the companion
    Leaderboards - This was always a good thing to have, but then most the time people lost interest in it when no one is going to get on it.

So being realistic people are interested in their own things and not others unless its Admins of clans wanting to check up on another player stats to do whatever on the private server
  • Merwanor
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hated Battlelog, so glad it is gone.
  • currentaffairs
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016

Why? Tell me one advantage of an ingame browser. And it need to be said that an ingame server browser and Battlelog can coexist. There is no need to remove all the good features of Battlelog which I tried to explain here and which you were ignoring.

Because example my friend does not have a computer with triple gtx 1080 and he had to quit the game everytime he wanted to leave a server to join a new one and then had to start chrome and go into battlelog to join a new server and then close chrome again because again, he doesnt have the best computer, so i think for many people that doesnt have triple gtx 1080 this change is welcomed.

And for me i just like it, i had having to be online to start a game, so i am very grateful they have skipped third party way to start the game.
  • Callahan44er
    4541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i'm a console player and i loved battlelog for the battlereports,see if someone is online,stats. companion is just worse in every single aspect.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    So being realistic people are interested in their own things and not others unless its Admins of clans wanting to check up on another player stats to do whatever on the private server

If you would be right, Facebook for example wouldn't be one of the biggest companies in the world. It's the opposite. Everyone is interested in what there friends are doind and they want to show there friends what they are doin.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF

Because example my friend does not have a computer with triple gtx 1080 and he had to quit the game everytime he wanted to leave a server to join a new one and then had to start chrome and go into battlelog to join a new server and then close chrome again because again, he doesnt have the best computer, so i think for many people that doesnt have triple gtx 1080 this change is welcomed.

And for me i just like it, i had having to be online to start a game, so i am very grateful they have skipped third party way to start the game.

Don't know what you try to say. My CPU is 5 years old and I don't even know what you try to say!?
  • Busdriver1871
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FAMAS_Nub you are 1000% right!! No battlelog is the worst thing about bf1. I can deal with the broken vehicles seats (sort of), the frame rate drops, the crappy gun choices, lack of unlocks, no ribbons, idiotic medal system (one at a time? really? Only 7 days and it resets? Really?) etc.etc.etc... But no battlelog and no stats is a deal breaker. $120 down the crapper...
  • iSortUout
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game feels less a cluster fukk than BF4 on release, but at the same time it feels like they did the bare minimum to release the game and start making $$$$

I like BF4 way more than BF1
    Sure the graphics are better, but variety and features make BF1 look like a skeleton

I think i will be going back to BF4
  • skates15
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hated the interface of BF4, but admittedly didn't play it enough to really figure it out. I thought it was just a jumbled mess which was confusing to use. I like BF1 interface much better, it's intuitive and easy to get into a game, which is the whole point. I could care less about other people's stats. The only thing I would like to see is an easy way in game to send a friend request to someone in my squad or on my team.
  • RTFM_Nemesis_FF
    skates15 wrote: »
    I hated the interface of BF4, but admittedly didn't play it enough to really figure it out. I thought it was just a jumbled mess which was confusing to use. I like BF1 interface much better, it's intuitive and easy to get into a game, which is the whole point. I could care less about other people's stats. The only thing I would like to see is an easy way in game to send a friend request to someone in my squad or on my team.

Maybe that's the difference between casual players who play the game maybe 50 hours and the core gamers who keep the game alive. But not the first time that DICE doesn't care about the core gamers because the guy who plays the game for 10h play the same amount of money like people who play this game for 2000h.

And for me the new interface feels like a jumbled mess, stolen from the year 2007. It's completely useless cause it has nearly no features anymore.
  • HardAimedKid
    10367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't care one way or another really, I would like to have everything that is on the companion app on my in game menus. It won't bother me if it doesn't happen though. I feel like I remember a time when we all hated battlelog though. Is it just me or didn't we?
  • rakosi2
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I only played the beta but the thing I don't like about bf1's menu is that it makes my graphics card run as much as if I'm playing the game and it took forever to start up just to see if your favorite server is full.
  • AOClaus
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    They could have kept Battlelog for the stats tracking, but I and many others are glad they gave us back an in game server browser. The web based one had so many issues, the plugin was buggy, I had problems seeing ping on servers at least half the time, web browsers stopped supporting the type of plugin they originally used and they had to create a new one which caused even more problems. Good riddance to the web based server browser.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!