This Week in Battlefield V

Africa Servers

Comments

• Prince_A_Pill
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks @Striterax, EA and Dice Its much appreciated - quite hard to believe seeing as we have gone since BFBC1 with no local servers on console to now having local servers. This, in my view, should set you apart from the competition in the FPS genre in SA on console....lets just hope your "early 2017" is not similar to the "soon" posts we received when querying patches and bug fixes for BF4.

Cheers guys and thanks again!
  • Phr33Dumb
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm thinking December 23rd will be a good day to start the servers instead of 2017. For the EA peeps reading this: Think about it, if you can get the servers running right before Xmas, you might just score a few extra thousand in sales.
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I believe they are waiting for whichever Server Hosting provider they are using to actually deploy the hardware in SA. I believe its going to be Amazon because in early '17 Amazon comes online here officially I am just not sure if Amazon is going to have their own building or purchase space in Teraco et al or somewhere else. Because of the 99 year lease instead of owning land, we will have to see what happens. While we want them to start earlier, I don't think they can until servers are deployed however I believe the servers will be for all platforms. So PC and Console alike will enjoy butter smooth pings and get grief in local languages :smiley:
  • Phr33Dumb
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ...get grief in local languages... :smiley:
    Hahahaha, thankfully the consoles doesnt have in-game-chat. You do how ever get the odd fella that goes through all the effort to swear at you via PSN messenger. Quite special :neutral:
  • Puent0
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "tsek jou naai"

Looking forward to seeing this again. Cant wait anymore.......
  • DoodOogDaan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just bought BF1 for a 1000 bucks, which I thought was very steep for a PC game, but knew that the hours playing MP over the holidays will make it worth it. Now I find out the lowest ping I can get is just above 200! Was a big fan till now basically paid all that money for a single player game! Hope you give South Africa servers very soon EA! This will not go down well for your company if you dont. We are very loyal to the companies who are loyal to us, but we can be extremely opposite if you cross us the wrong way....
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just bought BF1 for a 1000 bucks, which I thought was very steep for a PC game, but knew that the hours playing MP over the holidays will make it worth it. Now I find out the lowest ping I can get is just above 200! Was a big fan till now basically paid all that money for a single player game! Hope you give South Africa servers very soon EA! This will not go down well for your company if you dont. We are very loyal to the companies who are loyal to us, but we can be extremely opposite if you cross us the wrong way....

You are only a little behind the news :smile: after much heckling from South African gamers we are finally getting said servers: Have a look here
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Also why make these idle threats? It only discourages anyone involved. Jesus.
  • Phr33Dumb
    If anyone catches a whiff of when we can expect the servers, please let the rest of us know. I try to keep my eye on this thread still, as well as all the social media feeds, but might miss something.
  • legendarypunch
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 Please allow us to fully enjoy the game. 200 ping is a bit too high..
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Phr33Dumb wrote: »
    If anyone catches a whiff of when we can expect the servers, please let the rest of us know. I try to keep my eye on this thread still, as well as all the social media feeds, but might miss something.

Early in 2017...
  • Rassanity
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 for local servers, this game will have no future at 200ms ping.
  • ThePPAP27
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 BF1 SA servers
  • Phr33Dumb
    -Q-DoePa wrote: »
    Phr33Dumb wrote: »

Early in 2017...

Thanx -Q-, I know we are getting. (No Sarcasm intended, although it can be read that way). I'm merely asking that if anyone gets a tweet of sees how early this year we can expect the servers, that they post it here.

Thank you in advance.
  • MegaRaggaMuffin
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Getting tired of waiting... What good does it do when EA/Dice withhold information? For all we know "Early 2017" could mean May. Its been said before so many times but we paid the same price as everyone else but we didn't get the same product. My fear is that by the time servers are implemented our local player base could be severely smaller.
    Post edited by MegaRaggaMuffin on
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    Played the game over the holidays in Sweden with a beautiful ping of.....*drum-role*....5. The graphics and mechanics was severely improved due to higher speed and lower latency (more of the graphics could be loaded) which is really good to know.
    Unfortunately the game FOR ME had lost a little glim, since the hype has been lost and trying to be active "in the moment"(referring to when the game was dropped and all the hype around it) especially on a global level when you lack the true game experience.

My point is the game looked, feel and sounded beautiful from the get go, it is a shame that the game release was stressed before finishing CRITICAL components in making BF1 a finished game that could be enjoyed by all at the same time.
    Getting tired of waiting... What good does it do when EA/Dice withhold information? For all we know "Early 2017" could mean May. Its been said before so many times but we paid the same price as everyone else but we didn't get the same product. My fear is that by the time servers are implemented our local player base could be severely smaller.

I totally agree with you, to be honest I have previously stated in this forum that I would uninstall CS GO from my computer to strictly play BF1. But due to the lack of response and empathy from EA and DICE regarding this situation and the excruciating pain of playing the game at 200 ping it is just a waste of money and my valuable time to try and find out when servers are coming.

If they come I will of course play the game, the question is how often? Let me be clear there is no problem with the actual game, it is the result of a cause and effect.

I am starting to think that the rest of the world was left out of BF1 so that EA could "boost" the first quarter of 2017. *Conspiracy* (X-Files intro is played in the background).
  • Jack_Bauer_ZA
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My ping is mostly 250+ and a lot of Europeans swear at me. "Go play somewhere else lagger" (much worse language). but hey "soon" is coming.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have tweeted @Striterax asking for an update on the eta for South African servers and I have also "direct messaged" him via this platform a few days ago.ZERO REPLY FROM HIM. I honestly do not think that the EA boys have any grasp of the concepts of communication and customer service.

3 Months of playing with 150 to 200+ pings with no end in sight...
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't expect African Servers until middle of March. The same time the Spring DLC is due out. It could come before but do not expect it to.
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Don't expect African Servers until middle of March. The same time the Spring DLC is due out. It could come before but do not expect it to.

It would be smarter to first get the servers, make sure they are stable and working globally before launching a new DLC that will most likely contain many UNKNOWN bugs. The risk of running in to problems and getting a headache by launching the DLC and Servers at the same time is to big of a risk.

Get you freaking deals in order, cut the check and provide your paying customers with concrete info on when they can actually start playing the game that they paid for 3 months ago.

It is very arrogant to assume that after 3 months your customers are suppose to just "play" along and wait for DICE/EA to finish the game. Those that have paid for BF1 and are from a region affected better get some form of compensation, a voucher of X amount that can be used in Origin store or something. Just to show that you actually do feel empathy.

@Striterax seriöst vad händer fan håller ni på med? Jag förstår att du har mycket för dig och stress från varje håll för att uppfylla nästa spel mode, men var för nytta gör det när folk inte kan spela? Ni dödar allt ni har jobbat för, folk kanske uppskattar spelet om ett halvår när det är fixat med servers och pingen kommer ner. Men tills dess det är inte roligt, det var inte ens så roligt att spela när jag var på semester i Sverige förutom när jag gick till Inferno och gibbade med grabbarna. Men min poäng är hypen jag hade i BETAN och i början av releasen dog snabbt då man spelar med minst 200 ping.

Jag fattar att du stressar personen ovan dig och den personen detsamma, men något som är fundamental till ett multiplayer online spel kan inte glömmas eller halkas efter 3-6 månader. Jag vill verkligen spela Titanfall 2 och även förhandsboka Mass Effect men kommer ALDRIG att ens röra dom så länge jag är i Africa. Jag tror att många känner så.
    EA och Syd Afrika var inte lönsamt några år tillbaka, men det är nya tider och antalet folk som kopplar upp sig idag är mycket mer och det ökas kvartalsvis väldigt snabbt framåt.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr