Weekly Debrief

Africa Servers

Comments

• Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    @SpectaJin Dom borde ge ALLA regioner där titeln säljs servrar. Ska säga dig att pingen från Sverige inte heller är något direkt att hurra över. Frankrike och Irland har servrar som tydligen skall täcka hela "EU".. Bra för dom som bor i dom två länderna, Dåligt för alla oss andra. Att sedan kvalitén på hårdvaran är under all kritik gör ju knappast saken bättre. Dom borde passa sig lite ifall dom verkligen vill behålla sin spelarbas.
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @SpectaJin Dom borde ge ALLA regioner där titeln säljs servrar. Ska säga dig att pingen från Sverige inte heller är något direkt att hurra över. Frankrike och Irland har servrar som tydligen skall täcka hela "EU".. Bra för dom som bor i dom två länderna, Dåligt för alla oss andra. Att sedan kvalitén på hårdvaran är under all kritik gör ju knappast saken bättre. Dom borde passa sig lite ifall dom verkligen vill behålla sin spelarbas.

Ja det är helt sjukt, satt med en ping på 50-70 när jag spelade på Inferno, samma sak att spela hemma med en lina på 100/100. Jag förstår inte hur man kan stressa fram ett spel så här mycket innan den är klar. Det värsta är att informationen som dom inte ger är bara mer frustrerande, de behöver mycket bättre kommunikation med spelarbasen och inte bara vända sig till kända YouTube profiler som ska falsk promota spelet.

How can you guys release a game that is intended to be played MOSTLY on multiplayer but is not a uniform playable experience, not even in the country it was created in?

The game is being promoted falsely through Youtubers even though people are complaining in the back of their minds. The promotion is of course sponsored by bribes in forms of money or goodies from DICE.

As Newton's laws states: an object (project in this case) will remain at rest unless ACTED upon by a force that counters it. The amount of force (energy) provided will determine the acceleration of the object(product). For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.

To conclude, STOP WASTING time on promotion and advertisement, when the game is fully developed and you have put energy on the actual GAME, you know the thing that people buy and play, then word of mouth and etc will carry your game. I have never seen a CS GO commercial but the playerbase is there because the game is there...sort of:).

Seriously it is a problem with the game if people from Sweden are playing as if they are connected from the countryside using hotspot from their 3G Mobile connection.

• StormchaserZA
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey Dice/EA

You guys are aware of the fact that it is early 2017 right? Just saying... :)
  • Jack_Bauer_ZA
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soon people, soon. I am going to trade-mark the word soon.....
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2017
    PCCW Global selects the Djibouti Data Center (DDC) as a “critical element” for pan-African expansion.
    [QOUTE from article] "The Djibouti Data Center has been built to Tier III data center standards and serves as a major meeting point for undersea fiber cable systems including the new Asia-Africa-Europe-1 (AAE-1) submarine cable designed to connect Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe. PCCW Global is a founder consortium member of the AAE-1 which is expected to be ready for service by early 2017."

Even though the data center is not located in South Africa, the expansion will boost the regions that @Striterax mentioned.

PCCW Global are also expecting to be ready EARLY 2017, hence that is the reason for why DICE can't mention an exact date.

https://www.pccwglobal.com/en/news-room/2016/460-pccw-global-selects-the-djibouti-data-center-ddc-as-a-critical-element-for-pan-african-expansion

Post edited by SpectaJin on
  • VVinstonVVolf
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just saw this:

No mention of the word "soon".

Sincere thanks @Striterax for making this happen!
  • zaowuya
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just saw this:

ASAP = As Soon As Possible
  • SpectaJin
    edited January 2017
    Seriously I think it is very interesting that an internal FEEDBACK service created by the creator of the game we are trying to play are not responding on their own outlets, but only via twitter?

It is like Trump would be silent on a his own press conference but then spill all the ALTERNATIVE NEWS via twitter. LMAO

@Striterax or whoever is suppose to provide information to the community @Braddock512...If a community is asking for feedback then you should provide them with proper information? What is the point of having a forum and discussions if no officials respond to feedback made?

We have been waiting since October 30, the date when this discussion started, and there have been many others discussions as well but this is the most active one. Anyways NO feedback regarding the topic of this discussion has been given, but threats from moderators of shutting down this civilized discussion has been conveyed.

At this point it is a principal that you provide feedback or else it is just very rude customer service provided. I know you are in the final stages of adding global servers, but I really think people here have been waiting and deserve a response.
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Just saw this:

He is still unwilling to have civil dialogue with us here on this thread so I think he means within the next few months. Don't get too excited yet.

Still I am grateful that he is doing it although there is no transparency since asap can also mean in a year's time.

So here is my constructive feedback. Thank you for the news (and I am really grateful although you perceive me as hostile Striterax), but please be more specific. More people will stop playing the game because of tweets like these when it does not meet the required vague timeline.

Once again thank you for the tweet.
  • SpectaJin
    Just saw this:

He is still unwilling to have civil dialogue with us here on this thread so I think he means within the next few months. Don't get too excited yet.

Still I am grateful that he is doing it although there is no transparency since asap can also mean in a year's time.

So here is my constructive feedback. Thank you for the news (and I am really grateful although you perceive me as hostile Striterax), but please be more specific. More people will stop playing the game because of tweets like these when it does not meet the required vague timeline.

To be honest I don't even think it is his job to inform us in the community, he is a producer, that produces the "product". This forum is meant for the community, maybe the ones managing this community should address this issue. The fact that there is no specific community manager that represents Africa, instead, we have to contact EA Asia which just makes things easier:D.

I have earlier stated that affected regions should get some form of compensation, instead of compensation how about you provide the African continent with a representative from EA that is located within the continent.
  • -Q-DoePa
    89 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SpectaJin wrote: »
    Just saw this:

To be honest I don't even think it is his job to inform us in the community, he is a producer, that produces the "product". This forum is meant for the community, maybe the ones managing this community should address this issue. The fact that there is no specific community manager that represents Africa, instead, we have to contact EA Asia which just makes things easier:D.

I have earlier stated that affected regions should get some form of compensation, instead of compensation how about you provide the African continent with a representative from EA that is located within the continent.

Frankly my dear - they don't give a damn.

When have we last seen anything on these forums from the community manager or anyone other than the moderators?
  • SpectaJin
    -Q-DoePa wrote: »
    SpectaJin wrote: »
    Just saw this:

Frankly my dear - they don't give a damn.

When have we last seen anything on these forums from the community manager or anyone other than the moderators?

Then what is the point of having this forum?
  • SpectaJin
    edited January 2017
    Ubisoft's Rainbox Six Siege had some server problems on January 25 which Ubisoft is making up to the community by giving a 1 day booster. [SOURCE] http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-siege-server-issues-heres-how-ubisoft-/1100-6447306/

This is just smart, while Ubisoft is "apologizing" and communicating to their community they are patching the problem by giving out "double XP" if you will and more importantly just recognizing the fault and amending it.
    Ubisoft had server problems for 1 day, Battlefield was released with server problems from start due to NOT having proper deals in order allowing for global distribution of servers to provide a uniform GAME experience.
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As long as we have the servers by the next Battlefield launch, we're O.K.
  • SpectaJin
    edited January 2017
    This discussion has more than 900 Comments and almost 24 Thousand views and still no Official word?

With more than 3 months after release and still no ETA on servers for the many regions that are affected?

Is this the kind of feedback to expect in the future? Having 24K views and 900 comments is not enough to have at least one official to respond? Even if the feedback is not what the community wants to hear? Hearing nothing is worse...
  • CHJLESHE
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 for SA servers
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Going forward i would most likly not buy anyoff the EA brand of games in light of how they handled the whole BF1 situation.You can notice their lack of responsibility to their own official forum. The only way is financial if they show no respect to the consumer then the consumer should stop buying there product or supporting their brand.
  • s0ulMUNCHA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Acheul wrote: »
    Going forward i would most likly not buy anyoff the EA brand of games in light of how they handled the whole BF1 situation.You can notice their lack of responsibility to their own official forum. The only way is financial if they show no respect to the consumer then the consumer should stop buying there product or supporting their brand.

I agree if this is how they intend on running things in the future then count me out.
    I mean come on entire communities are trying to get some info out of the Dev's, but it's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. I honestly think they just don't care all to much anymore, like they're doing us a massive favour for making the game.

I don't see why they scrapped 3rd party hosting, BF3 and BF4 had that on release... just sayin'.

• SpectaJin
    s0ulMUNCHA wrote: »
    Acheul wrote: »

I agree if this is how they intend on running things in the future then count me out.
    I mean come on entire communities are trying to get some info out of the Dev's, but it's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. I honestly think they just don't care all to much anymore, like they're doing us a massive favour for making the game.

I don't see why they scrapped 3rd party hosting, BF3 and BF4 had that on release... just sayin'.

I think the philosophy for EA is: 'We won't answer until we have fixed it'.
    My new philosophy for EA is: 'I wont buy until they have fixed it'.
  • SpectaJin
    edited February 2017
    Here is a petition with almost 2500 people registered:
    [link] https://www.change.org/p/daniel-berlin-ea-battlefield-1-privately-hosted-servers?recruiter=84859812&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Electronic Arts is actually loosing money (1 million), not as bad as two years ago with 45 million in loss.
    [link] http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/31/electronic-arts-revenue-rises.html
    [QOUTE] "Video-game publisher Electronic Arts reported a 7.4 percent rise in third-quarter revenue, helped by strong sales of first-person shooter games "Battlefield 1" "

It is very sad to see that the reason EA almost made a profit is because of strong sales from Battlefield 1, the game you sold in all regions at the same rate but forgot to provide a uniform experience in the form of global servers.

What COMPANY takes their customers for granted for more than 3 months, why do you assume that after 3 months people will still play your games? Do you know how many new games have come out since the release of Battlefield 1? It is very arrogant for a company to not respond to customer concerns and assume that the player base will still be following you (EA) whenever you are ready to release what should have been released in the first place.

Have Apple EVER released an iPhone where the WIFI only works at a 10% capacity BUT within the near future ("soon") are planning to release means to make the WIFI work as intended, at 100%.