Africa Servers

Comments

• Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Could not have said it better....
  • MegaRaggaMuffin
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've given up playing. I was on holiday from the end of november tI'll the 6th of feb and had the whole holiday to play the game. 2 months... now I'll be back to real life and just won't have time. So when we finally get servers I'm probably hardly going to play. Unfortunate because I do enjoy the game.
    Post edited by MegaRaggaMuffin on
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've given up playing. I was on holiday from the end of november tI'll the 6th of feb and had the whole holiday to play the game. 2 months... now I'll be back to real life and just won't have time. So when we finally get servers I'm probably hardly going to play. Unfortunate because I do enjoy the game.

Same here, I can't manage to play a full game until it becomes frustrating and I quit. The past 10 times I have decided to try and play Battlefield 1, I end up quitting after the first game, if even that.

Seriously don't kill off a game by not providing service in form of latency and community feedback.
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The "Vinyl edition of the bf1 soundtrack is now available" are you kidding me EA!

We are still waiting for servers where are your priorities.
  • Relentless_2493
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pls bring the SA servers. Im tired of people hating on me because of my high ping.
  • Puent0
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They are in final stages of deployment for almost a week now. So maybe were getting it next month.
  • SpectaJin
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2017
    +Global Servers
    Post edited by SpectaJin on
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When is the next big patch update / server maintenance? Keep an eye out.
  • SpectaJin
    When is the next big patch update / server maintenance? Keep an eye out.

At this point they won't implement any server changes until the first DLC (March). That is the latest time possible for them to deliver on a true gaming experience. If for some reason they have still not managed to fix globally distributed servers by the release of DLC patch "They shall no pass" (ironic?), then what is the point?

I really don't understand how such a huge company can oversee something so essential to a Multi-player platform game and the worst part...being silent about it? That is not the way the go to preserve a satisfied community.

From what I have read on discussion on the battlefield forums and others, it seems that the RSP is a new systems framework that was built from "the ground up" and possibly, errors in coding has caused the development cycles to delay, OBVIOUSLY, since IDEALLY normally you would want to release that sort of service with the release of the game.

Globally Distributed Servers/RSP can be considered a DLC at this point, and the people that are experiencing high latency, INVESTED in a game that is yet to this day not a playable game experience for many regions in the world, even parts of Europe have high ping.

• Jack_Bauer_ZA
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Don't you think it is about time to tweet mr Hassoon (hasSOON) see what i did there.... as they don't have time to respond to this forum cause they are too busy releasing soundtracks, counting the money they "stole" from us SA, SEA etc people.
  • SpectaJin
    edited February 2017
    Don't you think it is about time to tweet mr Hassoon (hasSOON) see what i did there.... as they don't have time to respond to this forum cause they are too busy releasing soundtracks, counting the money they "stole" from us SA, SEA etc people.

@Striterax let us know that more info is coming next week. I am taking this literally. I will be silent until next week, I will even wait till Sunday, as a matter of fact got a Safari adventure planned...so come Monday the week after the next, I hope to be reading some great news regarding dates, locations, RSP and so on!

Long overdue but hey one more week can't hurt...right?

Over n out!
  • Jack_Bauer_ZA
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Soon people soon.
  • MegaRaggaMuffin
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There's new info about the patch but still nothing about servers.
  • Puent0
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They have to say something when the patch is finally rolled out. I'm gatvol waiting.
  • Jack_Bauer_ZA
    We all are gatvol. Actually if i didn't like the idea of a WW I setting so much, i would have stopped playing. The big thing that is bugging most SA people i think, is the no response/feedback. A "soon" form mr HasSOON is not cutting it anymore.
  • SpectaJin
    I have contacted Dan Mitre, Ali Hasoon and Battlefield on Twitter today and also many times before during the past 4 months.

This is crazy, the fact that after 4 months we are still trying to find out if the game we have purchased will have support in the regions that this game was sold in. The fact that we are still asking, this is by far one of the worst customer and product experience in my life and that is saying a lot living in Africa (TIA...you all understand what I am saying).

We have payed good money for this game and are still waiting IF....let that sink in for a moment.......IIFFFFFF servers are coming, we still have no definite confirmation that has been publicly announced on a official platform.

I will NEVER buy a game from EA again.

The worst thing is the amount of time I have put in to this FORUM, Twitter and other outlets to try and "find" a answer or to simply get a response from anyone at EA. The only "official" respond was a threat from a forum "Scarecrow".
    - What have we payed for?
    - What are we waiting for?
    - When can we expect an answer?
    - How long is EA/DICE ignoring this discussion?
    - Was the initial plan NOT to release global servers?
    - Is it acceptable that after 4 months your customers should still wait for a freaking answer whether the servers to a multi-platform game is going to be provided to the "rest of the world", the "rest of the world" where the game was sold and profited by EA/DICE?

We are customers, indefinitely making us supporters of this game, franchise if you will, but being treated like secondary or not even the courtesy of sloppy seconds, of course the effect will be unsatisfactory. People are unsatisfied because our voices are not being heard nor responded to, our experience playing the game is not what we payed for, the time wasted consuming false hopes with no response is very frustrating.
    We all are gatvol. Actually if i didn't like the idea of a WW I setting so much, i would have stopped playing. The big thing that is bugging most SA people i think, is the no response/feedback. A "soon" form mr HasSOON is not cutting it anymore.

4 months have gone and "soon" is not good enough. You can't say soon to something that should have been done with the release.

• SpectaJin
    edited February 2017
    LMAO as i wrote this rant Dan Mitre answered on twitter:

• Jack_Bauer_ZA
    2410 gamers signed a petition to bring servers to South Africa. In the global scale of things this may sound insignificant, but show me people more passionate about their gaming than in SA. We have so many issues to overcome and if you touch our gaming, we get mad.
  • Puent0
    They should not be allowed to say "soon" :neutral: Servers coming "soon". Updates coming "soon". More news coming "soon". Soon, noos, son, no.
  • Jack_Bauer_ZA
    Now that admins can kick, we (South Africans) won't be able to play on rented servers due to our high ping. So we will get kicked...... lekker Dice, lekker.