Africa Servers

Comments

• MAGNUSDUCTOR
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @Striterax !!!!

Best thing is the servers arrive on the day of my birthday!

Best accidental birthday gift ever.

Looking forward to playing with a low ping.
  • SmokeGhost
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thank you very much, now we can stop and irritate the EU guys with our 200 ping, but does that mean I will suck now? Time will tell
  • Phr33Dumb
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Happy server launch day everyone :smiley: #BF1AfricaServers
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lets hope they launch them at a good time and not when they wake up in America :tongue:
  • Phr33Dumb
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lets hope they launch them at a good time and not when they wake up in America :tongue:

Post said between 10am and 3pm. Here's hoping that actually goes to plan.
  • Jabbajaws77
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Congrats and Goodluck SA comrades.

Exciting news!

Jabbajaws77
  • Puent0
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Servers are up and running !
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sweeeeeet wow !!!!!! Whoooopeeeee
  • ProTECt747
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    a bit late to the party.. Whoop Whoop for BF1 SA servers.. however anyone wondering if this will be available for Battlefield 4?
  • Clarence_6000
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    So, What ping are we talking about here?

I live i Sweden, And the closest EU servers are located in Ireland and Holland (Netherlands), Which is terrible for the rest of us that don't actually live inside of these countries.
    Two datacenters are supposed to cover 44 different countries.. 44.

I get a very unstable 50-70ms to the Ireland ones and about 40-50ms to the NL ones.

To quote @Braddock512

"The three new datacenters will be based in Johannesburg, Dubai, and Hong Kong, respectively, and will utilise the same type of high performance server hardware as the other regions running Battlefield 1 game servers."

How about showing us some specs of the hardware in those servers?
  • MegaRaggaMuffin
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    For some reason I cant find any servers when searching in Africa region? Are the servers up or is this an issue on my side? Im on pc
    Post edited by MegaRaggaMuffin on
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still can't find any Hardcore (PS4) servers. Hope they didn't neglect to put a couple of them in?
  • Puent0
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So, What ping are we talking about here?

I live i Sweden, And the closest EU servers are located in Ireland and Holland (Netherlands), Which is terrible for the rest of us that don't actually live inside of these countries.
    Two datacenters are supposed to cover 44 different countries.. 44.

I get a very unstable 50-70ms to the Ireland ones and about 40-50ms to the NL ones.

The ping is around 20-30ms depending on the excellent internet infrastructure we have in Sout Africa. Down from 200+, so very happy.
  • Acheul
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi
    I also dont see any SA servers when I select region "Africa"
  • MegaRaggaMuffin
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The servers exist but they dont show up in the server browser.
  • Melro97
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same, I dont see them
  • Acheul
    Does anybody know how to resolve this or is it a bug that we need to wait forcea to fix.I got the impression guys were playing already today ?
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So far I have only found 2 SA 64 player servers:

-DICE- OFFICIAL - Conquest - Africa - # 47367

and

-DICE- OFFICIAL - Conquest - Africa - # 47366
  • Melro97
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I didnt even see those
  • Acheul
    Yip...
    Nothing at all dam but of a disappointment was looking forward to this actually left work early :)