Africa Servers

Comments

• Clarence_6000
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just me? and @Braddock512

1. So we South Africa where given 2xservers for each game mode
    2. Out of the 10 servers 1 war pigeons and 1 Domination server you cant join alway 0/24 (so means we have 8 Servers)
    3. All the extra "Custom" servers i cant join either
    4. So out of the 8 Servers all are full with ques as seen below.

1. Is there a plan to add more servers? as you can see we need them (Maybe 4 of each mode)
    2. When is the rent server going to be available in SA?

nmjbr5.png

giphy.gif
  • Puent0
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes out of the 30 servers we have 22 are broken. Thanks.
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're probably not going to like to hear this, but priority should be given to adding PS4 HARDCORE servers.
  • eLement-Sarge
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Any ideas when the RSP will be available in South Africa?
  • CHJLESHE
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've found 4 CQ servers, and about 3 for the other modes, think that dice want to c how frequently we use them before they'll add more
    And yes I'm sure hardcore servers and the RSP will b effected soon enough
    Quick question, will we have dedicated dlc servers for the region going forward ?
    Post edited by CHJLESHE on
  • Screamer-RSA
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CHJLESHE wrote: »
    Quick question, will we have dedicated dlc servers for the region going forward ?

I would hope so... dlc doesn't do well here. Buying premium was a waste of money in BF3 and BF4 as only vanilla servers consistently had players.
  • Screamer-RSA
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've found 4 CQ servers, and about 3 for the other modes, think that dice want to c how frequently we use them before they'll add more

When I still see only 2 CQ server? :(
  • CHJLESHE
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

When I still see only 2 CQ server? :(

No lie, I can c 4, let me grab a screenshot to confirm
  • eLement-Sarge
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Different platforms have different amounts of servers...
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Connection to Africa servers from India is decent - I'm getting around 110-120 ping on African servers connecting from Bangalore, India !

Had bought the game on release put refunded it due to server situation. Have been keeping track of RSP progress and decided to buy game today since it's 1/2 price right now - figure I'd give it a shot and refund if ping too high.

ASIA servers ping still abysmal considering HK/Dubai servers were added - getting 250+ ping. Europe 150 ping.
    Africa 110 ! Nice surprise -- don't know how these guys are routing the traffic !

Only problem .. i'm only seeing 10 servers in Africa !
  • Jack_Bauer_ZA
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love back to basics conquest but alas only about 7 x rush back to basic servers! I have only seen 3 people on the Rush servers at peak time. Conquest is always full with atleast 10 people in que. Pls give us some conquest servers and take the Rush servers (take atleast 5)
  • MaKwasie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is really great that we have South African servers. Well done to every one that lobbied for it!

Why is no one playing Operations in South Africa. If you try and quick join a game you are in the lobby with 4 other people waiting around for 5 minutes and then leaving? Don't we like this style of play?
  • SmokeGhost
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    MaKwasie wrote: »
    It is really great that we have South African servers. Well done to every one that lobbied for it!

Why is no one playing Operations in South Africa. If you try and quick join a game you are in the lobby with 4 other people waiting around for 5 minutes and then leaving? Don't we like this style of play?

This pains me as well. Everyone is complaining about the queues yet we have all these operation servers standing idle. I for one always try to first do a quick match operations and be patient. Actually filled up a few, but they are far between.

Maybe if they added it to the server browser it will solve the problem we now have with operations. I love the game mode but don't mind playing any mode as long as I don't have to wait.

Alternatives are available ppl hope to see you guys over the weekend.
  • TheRealWitblitz
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still no HARDCORE. Who can reach out to the man-in-charge?
  • RVS_RaVeN
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The server situation is just ridiculous!! I can at most only see 2 servers and they are always full. I have even reached out the Mweb and gameservers.com and they both replied with: "Sorry, EA/DICE does not allow 3rd party hosting"
    This is utter ****, why are you limiting the people that want to play OR host!!
    Sorry to say this, but EA and DICE are the new Activision.
  • posmeester
    RVS_RaVeN wrote: »
    The server situation is just ridiculous!! I can at most only see 2 servers and they are always full. I have even reached out the Mweb and gameservers.com and they both replied with: "Sorry, EA/DICE does not allow 3rd party hosting"
    This is utter ****, why are you limiting the people that want to play OR host!!
    Sorry to say this, but EA and DICE are the new Activision.

Remove all your filters and just put in the three letters afr in the filter box, you should then be able to see around 20 servers. Peace.
  • RVS_RaVeN
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    posmeester wrote: »
    Remove all your filters and just put in the three letters afr in the filter box, you should then be able to see around 20 servers. Peace.

Thanks! Will try it this way. I only filtered by region [Africa]. Always only get 1 maybe 2, but most of the times nothing.
  • MaKwasie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SmokeGhost wrote: »
    MaKwasie wrote: »

This pains me as well. Everyone is complaining about the queues yet we have all these operation servers standing idle. I for one always try to first do a quick match operations and be patient. Actually filled up a few, but they are far between.

Maybe if they added it to the server browser it will solve the problem we now have with operations. I love the game mode but don't mind playing any mode as long as I don't have to wait.

Alternatives are available ppl hope to see you guys over the weekend.

Last night was by far the longest queue I have had for a game ±30 minutes just to get in the queue for a Conquest map.

In that time, I was looking for a solution to my predicament. There a few options on the web, a clan here and there, then we have the platoon page on the forums. But nothing casual and easy.

So, I created a Curse server, mostly to try and get Operation games going in South Africa and to connect with other Battlefield 1 players. I am by far one of the worst modders this side of the moon, so the server is not perfect and still in infancy, all the help and suggestions I can get would be appreciated?

This is for casual gaming, I don’t want to create a clan or a guild, just a community of likeminded individuals where we can play games together.

The server link:
    [https://curse.com/invite/IdonisAlanaLion]

Excuse the name for the chat, Kung Fu panda was on the TV and it kind of stuck.

Edit: I prefer Curse for the Steam and Blizzard integration.
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2017
    Meanwhile. No one in SA knows what operations are :P

http://imgur.com/a/JUgES
  • tyloka
    edited March 2017
    boom3laar wrote: »
    Well done EA for being useless again..

2 conquests maps and a queue where you wait more than 30mins to join....

wow bud - show some patience and gratitude man. They also need to see what demand is like before rolling out what they feel is adequate. No point in having 7 CQ servers and only two or three fill and rest remain empty. My experience on PS4 is nowhere near your wait - we also only have the two or three servers and wait is no longer than 5 to 10 mins

"Patience and gratitude". That is what you think we should have. Do you think EA is a Micky Mouse Company? Do you think that their infrastructure is not designed to compile the maths? Maybe the only reason we got servers are cause of people like boom3laar;692071 and the pressures they apply on EA. Are you enjoying your BF1 experience at the moment? Im sure you do. Now say thank you to boom3laar;692071 an you know what.....say thank you to him for the future of this game, cause its people like him that keeps EA going and assists with motivating EA to do more enhancements and making this game even better. I have read, Login to this site and wrote this stupid post...and im still in a cue. I guess its time to log out of origin, restart and try again, cause you never know when your game has actually crashed. So...you are right, show some Patience and gratitude to people like boom3laar;692071.