Servers / Lost Stats MASTER THREAD

Comments

• Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So pretty much the servers are not working. Everyone on ps4 stats are gone but they will be restored soo

Yeah should have added that as the TL;DR :D
  • m09-legendary
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I go to server browser and look in europ for servers I see one 63/64 so I join that server and i am alone in that server wtfk. Few minutes ago everything works fine.
  • MonkishOnion
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This has happened to other Battlefield games. It always goes back to normal.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I go to server browser and look in europ for servers I see one 63/64 so I join that server and i am alone in that server wtfk. Few minutes ago everything works fine.

On PS4?
  • m09-legendary
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »

On PS4?

Yes. And I lost me levels.
  • Sindari
    Sindari wrote: »

On PS4?

Yes. And I lost me levels.

That will go back to normal so don't worry.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The answer to the individual above was in reference to the fact that the individuals not actively seeking attention or being children, but adults are being talked to as if we are worthless. By members of our community. I'm sorry I'm not. If free games have better servers than paid for games, what are we paying for? As noted in previous comments it's not just the servers. Each has multiple issues with multiple accounts, game titles, and services. No news but we are investigating since 9pm last night.

At least give us some details about the investigation. Or a time line. Also noticed that some menus are changing within the companion app and the game on my system. If your going to ninja update.. Thought PS didn't allow any of those(so it seems the game is bugging). At least give us some ideas instead of last night telling me that the issue was on my end. I do exactly what was stated to do, and that didn't fix it. Now it's back to we are investigating.

I've not acted childish. I've just stated that 10+ hours is way to long for this kind of issue. Now I've got community members telling me to just chill, and maybe after 36 hours it will be fine. I got work next week 36 hours on the weekends for this game to be going down doesn't work for me. If this does continue that absolutely like the comment above if the service doesn't match what I'm looking for then I'm not going to continue to support the game.
  • Sindari
    edited October 2016
    So situation at present seems to be that PS4 is the last platform with a problem, not seen anyone on PC complain and XBOX seems fine now also. Feel free to correct me if that's wrong. All EA tweets are only about PS4 now, latest one "we are working on it now and hope to have it fixed soon!" tweeted 4 minutes ago.
  • Sindari
    The answer to the individual above was in reference to the fact that the individuals not actively seeking attention or being children, but adults are being talked to as if we are worthless. By members of our community. I'm sorry I'm not. If free games have better servers than paid for games, what are we paying for? As noted in previous comments it's not just the servers. Each has multiple issues with multiple accounts, game titles, and services. No news but we are investigating since 9pm last night.

At least give us some details about the investigation. Or a time line. Also noticed that some menus are changing within the companion app and the game on my system. If your going to ninja update.. Thought PS didn't allow any of those(so it seems the game is bugging). At least give us some ideas instead of last night telling me that the issue was on my end. I do exactly what was stated to do, and that didn't fix it. Now it's back to we are investigating.

I've not acted childish. I've just stated that 10+ hours is way to long for this kind of issue. Now I've got community members telling me to just chill, and maybe after 36 hours it will be fine. I got work next week 36 hours on the weekends for this game to be going down doesn't work for me. If this does continue that absolutely like the comment above if the service doesn't match what I'm looking for then I'm not going to continue to support the game.

But we are only community members, and we're just trying to keep each other up to date and help the people panicking about lost stats and lost levels. While all your issues are quite understandable, it's no good aiming them at us as if we can fix them, we can't, only EA can, and nothing we do or say here is going to change that. So 'just chill' is as good advice as any. What else can you do, rant about it? That's not exactly adult is it? You're directing your frustrations at the wrong people.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No I'm engaging community members who are attacking the individuals who are interested in asking for details about the position they are in. I get that someone might say just chill. The comments were not to those individuals. In the same note, directing comments directly at the members who are providing details about their issues is not helpful.
  • o___RAKU___o
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it's weird cos on bf companion everything looks lie it was before this whole situation ps4 is experiencing
  • Sindari
    Latest on Twitter 2 minutes ago, one guy in Texas with a PS4 can play :D Don't want everyone to get excited just yet ... but maybe it's working now?
  • 249SawTooStronk
    it's weird cos on bf companion everything looks lie it was before this whole situation ps4 is experiencing

The changes did not stay. I'm not sure what I had seen on companion app... Pretty sure it was something with the friends and my squad last night. The same was true on Playstation last night. I had an odd little message up towards the top right corner of my screen, and a little drop down box with squad, soldier, and one other item. It's no longer there, and or on the app. So possibly a glitch or a bug. Or as stated above maybe some messing around with it.
  • dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield

@Battlefield

We are aware and working to resolve stats syncing issue affecting some BF1 players. Stand by for updates.
  • Sindari
    Anyone able to confirm if PS4 is okay now?
  • 249SawTooStronk
    edited October 2016
    As of 1:06 est time Sunday stuck on game load start screen. Press X to start is grayed out. Ps4

Restarted PS... Modem...and game
  • Jboy1810
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My game works again. (PS4, europe the netherlands)
    Got everything back
  • Sindari
    Jboy1810 wrote: »
    My game works again. (PS4, europe the netherlands)
    Got everything back

Nice!
    EA Support has also just tweeted "we're seeing players back in the game and they're reporting that their stats are now visible again."
  • 249SawTooStronk
    +1 got into game... Level is correct in game. However app, and in game menus stats not loading.
  • phpchap
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm really enjoying playing battlefield and for this DICE should be commended- I also am concerned about my stats but I trust the team at DICE 100% to resolve the situation.

Yes it is frustrating that it's happened on the weekend and yes it's frustrating that there's a chance that all my stats disappear.

That is the reality of complex systems with lots of moving parts, things can and do go wrong.

Shouting, moaning, threatening etc. doesn't actually solve the problem- guessing at solutions also does not solve the problem- the smart guys at DICE know how to solve the problem and you can damn sure they're working hard to fix it.

TLDR; sit tight soldier
This discussion has been closed.