Servers / Lost Stats MASTER THREAD

Comments

• TrunkBang16
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm back online on the east coast
  • A1_GR33N_
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm back in (UK).

Had to join a game first, then reset my machine and also app. Upon full restart of both after having joined the game, everything is back.
  • rock1obsta
    3815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    Okay so the EA Support Twitter account has switched from telling people to clear their caches, re-install Origin, power cycle their Xbox One and so on, to saying there are connectivity issues again, for example "is this on PS4? We're seeing connection and stats loading issues and the studio is investigating. We'll update you as soon as we hear more" was posted on Twitter 20 minutes ago.
    Regarding stat loss they have just tweeted "thanks for reaching out. We are currently investigating this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused"
    Multiple people cannot get in.
    Mutliple people get in and have stats reset to 0.
    Mutliple people get in, have normal stats, play one game and then when the game ends, assuming they can play a whole game, their stats reset to 0.
    My advice, stop trying.
    You're either going to fail to get in, or get in and find your stats are reset and have a panic attack, or have one game before you get kicked out.
    The situation is obviously highly unstable still.
    It's not a victory to get in after a dozen attempts, you're just getting in to an unstable server, that will probably kick you, return you to the home menu with reset stats and possibly not save any of the progress you made in that game anyway.
    Will try to update this once I have a good amount of evidence that it's worth trying to play again.

This is exactly why Im waiting to buy mine. Too many connectivity issues and such. Maybe by Xmas it be working right. Is it BF4 all over again?
  • AJ_BOJACK
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UK PS4 user here. My stats are still showing 0 on both the game, app and website. Is this going to be fixed?
  • chuckandcotton
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AJ_BOJACK wrote: »
    UK PS4 user here. My stats are still showing 0 on both the game, app and website. Is this going to be fixed?

no.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    I think two down-periods in two weeks is pretty minor. This can't be compared to BF4 at all.

Although if people lost actual stats that really sucks.
  • the-frag-artist
    432 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Really irks me a nice community member tries to consolidate information rather than, you know, an actual employee.

Really sick of EA/DICE and their PR system. And their servers.
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Okay so the EA Support Twitter account has switched from telling people to clear their caches, re-install Origin, power cycle their Xbox One and so on, to saying there are connectivity issues again, for example "is this on PS4? We're seeing connection and stats loading issues and the studio is investigating. We'll update you as soon as we hear more" was posted on Twitter 20 minutes ago.
    Regarding stat loss they have just tweeted "thanks for reaching out. We are currently investigating this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience caused"
    Mutliple people get in, have normal stats, play one game and then when the game ends, assuming they can play a whole game, their stats reset to 0.
    My advice, stop trying.
    You're either going to fail to get in, or get in and find your stats are reset and have a panic attack, or have one game before you get kicked out.
    It's not a victory to get in after a dozen attempts, you're just getting in to an unstable server, that will probably kick you, return you to the home menu with reset stats and possibly not save any of the progress you made in that game anyway.
    Will try to update this once I have a good amount of evidence that it's worth trying to play again.

This is exactly why Im waiting to buy mine. Too many connectivity issues and such. Maybe by Xmas it be working right. Is it BF4 all over again?

Nothing can stop a DDoS attack. Wait as long as you want, but if someone wanted to attack EA they could do this all over again.

How much time has BF1 been down because of something the developers messed up on? Zero to my knowledge.
  • BlueOriginHD
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi 19:16pm and still level 0. Stats still have not returned. Anyone else having this problem ?
  • chuckandcotton
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really irks me a nice community member tries to consolidate information rather than, you know, an actual employee.

My advice, stop trying.

Nothing can stop a DDoS attack. Wait as long as you want, but if someone wanted to attack EA they could do this all over again.

How much time has BF1 been down because of something the developers messed up on? Zero to my knowledge.

I have seen zero this was a DDoS attack. Nothing. Nada. It didnt impact other EA games like SWBF. Wrong. Oh, and "nothing can stop it", yea, lots can.

This is a just bad post and take.
  • TinyApocalypse
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They took it all down to implement skill based match making. People complained that the lobbies weren't sweaty enough. Just kidding. lol
  • Johnny00151563
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still on rank 0...
  • psmsk8er
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Recon_021 wrote: »
    The servers are being DDOS's by idiots again today, same as they were last night. **** will get fixed when it gets fixed and stats will be restored like usual. Seriously, get informed and stop **** about Dice **** **** up already, as this isn't their **** fault.

**** outta here . Its definitely DICE's fault they are totally and entirely responsible for this nonsense . Get off their ****. Hackers are gay as **** but by now there should be measures in place for this ****. Nobody is to blame but DICE. They better start lawyering more the **** up or something because this passive don't do **** about it crap isn't working . No wonder **** people actually want in the game isn't in here.
  • psmsk8er
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry but it doesn't work like that. You don't get to just blame everything on these little "hacker" ****. "There's nothing we can do" lmao give me a break.
  • CommanderPOL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M2 the same problem. Today morning i played normal ( I had 30 lev ) but but now i have 0 lev. and i losst my progress, dog tags...and more ;(
    I play on PS4.
    I have hope EA fix it quickly.
    BTW sry for my english.
  • rock1obsta
    3815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My advice, stop trying.

I have seen zero this was a DDoS attack. Nothing. Nada. It didnt impact other EA games like SWBF. Wrong. Oh, and "nothing can stop it", yea, lots can.

This is a just bad post and take.

Yeah, I thought so too. Didnt see anything about ddos anywhere, and the life-losers that cause them cant help but brag about it.
  • majwinters12
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My stats were fine today but the rubber banding......god save the king the rubber banding. I'm on PC
  • FRSTDWNx
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm guessing a lot of these guys have never been around for a bf launch before? Bf4 was a mess....
  • Swishermonium
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Alright. Well, here I am.
    I was working into level 23 this morning, stats on companion app were fine right before work at 4pm, get home after work, turn on the PS4, log in to Battlefield 1 FIRST (you're welcome!) and I'm staring at a screen with no stats, no stats in game menu, no stats on Companion App for my phone.

I see the Twitter account for Battlefield has stated that the problems were behind us now, but I'm still staring at a blank stat screen. I spent a lot of money on the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition on Day 1 (my very first Battlefield game btw), I don't count 4 as it was a used copy. I bought BF1 clear, clean and crisp, because I had so much fun with 4, you earned my respect with a few things during that time, so I wanted to buy a new copy of BF1 for EA & DICE to show my support.

But my experience is turning against me. I don't want to say the wrong things out of my current level of anger over this...but I really would love to have my stats back. I played hard, I played with love....I want to see my work reflected in my game. I love you guys, I know it's not always as easy to fix these things like us gamer folk might think & I can get frustrated...so I'm sorry for that. I just really want my stats back :(
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just really want my stats back :(

Today on Twitter they (EA Support) are replying with "Hey there, your Battlefield stats should all be back to normal now. Let us know if that's not the case" - that was 2 hours ago. So at this point if you don't have your stats back I would try to contact them.
  • doobiebromac
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Do we get to know why there was an outage?
This discussion has been closed.