Cavalry .............. WTF!!!??!

Ally_24670884
41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Horses .................. wow, talk about massively OP! 10 rounds into a horse or/and its rider and he trots up and slices me in 2?!?!?!! Massively OP :(

Comments

• madro
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ya the horses are pretty wonky, I was playing on suez today and a landship was coming towards me but luckily there a was a parked horse in the way so when the tank drove over it the horse staid completely still while the tank flipped over
  • Ally_24670884
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's why you should focus your fire and aim at the rider instead.

Aha whatever
  • Redwind13
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Just like Gavyne said act like a matodor, I fake to his strong side then brake the other way with a A 10 to the head , 1 shot , Good fun
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gavyne wrote: »
    Shoot the rider, not the horse. Horse is equivalent to a vehicle, so if you see someone's driving a vehicle towards you, do you shoot at the vehicle or the driver?

Downside to Cavalry is that the rider sits way up high in the air, easy pickings really. Also the horse does not turn well, they also get stuck on walls/objects so use those knowledge to your advantage. If you're out in the open, they have the advantage. If you're near structures, you have the advantage. Whatever you do, don't be a deer in headlights when one's coming towards you.

If you stand your ground, you best have good aim. Otherwise just run, but not the direction the horse is running, but to the side since they can't turn well. You know, act like you're a matador, and yell ole as the horse runs by and then proceed to shoot the rider in the back. If you lose the duel, just laugh it off. There's nothing op about Cavalry, they're a fun side class that can be dealt with.

Exactly. They don't know that the horse and rider are separate entities and whining for nerfs. :D

Try a horse before you whine for nerfs.

I still have problems eliebing there are people who play this game COD style: run n gun headlesss chickens without trying vehicles or emplacements.
  • Ally_24670884
    I see the forum is still full of mindless trolls with no constructive input other than to try and justify their OP weapon of choice as they can't run a normal kit out and have to use OP tools to gain any ground.
  • D3V-GRU
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I guess they want to shoot the horse because it is a larger target - shoot for the center of mass, lol. The rider is the key... That being said, you gotta nail the rider a ways back from you if he's charging you because the horse will continue on for a few steps and can still kill you.
  • JAYB1RD-FNA
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    All I would like is the reach of the damn saber decreased, it's a sword not a 10 foot joust. Kill zone is way too big. I've used the calvary, just ride into a group of people and spam the sword.
  • Truffleshuffle03
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Redwind13 wrote: »
    Shotgun to the face 1 shot, before you cry OP test other options , give me a A 10 hunter and I will dance with cavalry every time , solo in a team game you pay a price i guess

I beg to differ. I have over 200 kills with the a 10 hunter and the hellfire and have yet to have a 1 hit kill on a cavalry rider. I have killed them after 3 or 4 shots but never after 1 and I have killed a lot of them. Their armor keeps them from being 1 hit kills.
  • Redwind13
    edited October 2016
    Shotgun to the face 1 shot, before you cry OP test other options , give me a A 10 hunter and I will dance with cavalry every time , solo in a team game you pay a price i guess

I beg to differ. I have over 200 kills with the a 10 hunter and the hellfire and have yet to have a 1 hit kill on a cavalry rider. I have killed them after 3 or 4 shots but never after 1 and I have killed a lot of them. Their armor keeps them from being 1 hit kills.

Try head shots because i was amazed when i got a few 1 shots , maybe they were low on HP and feeling OP?
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They're nothing compared to the beta they don't need nerfed they already got beat with the bat.
  • Jammie1789
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just run to the side. If you see the cavalry coming they should never be able get you with their sword, I take them down with my pistol as they run in circles around me. Apparently they would rather die than use their rifle.
  • Redwind13
    edited October 2016
    They're nothing compared to the beta they don't need nerfed they already got beat with the bat.

Loved them in beta , dont even use them now, some times you see them stacking up in game at spawn point where nobody uses them what does that say?
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Loved them in beta , dont even use them now, some times you see them stacking up in game at spawn point where nobody uses them what does that say?

I agree they were amazing fun in the beta but they're pretty crap now, I use it as a taxi and that's about it.
  • Redwind13

I agree they were amazing fun in the beta but they're pretty crap now, I use it as a taxi and that's about it.

Taxi to the anti tank gun spawns thats about it
  • Truffleshuffle03
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016

Try head shots because i was amazed when i got a few 1 shots , maybe they were low on HP and feeling OP?

they had to be low on health that would be the only way. Even when playing sniper and getting headshots their armor they get negates a lot of damage. I usually work on headshots because with the hit reg all over the place it sometimes takes more than 1 shot with shotguns to kill people even up close.
This discussion has been closed.