Well I wrote a thing...

NZepica
1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
It's pretty morbid, but I've been told it's pretty good. I'd like to also thank @JAYB1RD-FNA. The first paragraph was written by him, on these very forums, and I edited it a bit, and extended it. Hope ya don't mind man!

Here ya go:

As the fog rises from the dead and dying, you notice a glint in the distance. You see your men drop one by one to the cold ground, painting it red with their blood. You turn to run, but darkness envelops your body as you fall to the ground. I scribe one more line on my rifle stock in remembrance of a solider I’ll never know.

I later mourn those who died in this pointless conflict, hoping I can be forgiven for the lives I have taken. I weep for the sorrow I create for their families.

War is hell, death seems the only escape.

I become angry at the unjustness of it all, wishing it could all end and we could go back to our families. I cry out, asking God why is this necessary?

Do I enjoy the killing? I don’t believe I do, but if that is so, then why do I continue? Orders? A sense of duty? Revenge for those I have lost?

Is that all I am, a killing machine? Is there anything human left below this battle scarred body? Or is it just a hollow shell?

I wish I could stop these dreams, filled with death and screaming. I drown in the blood of those whose lives I have stolen, as I cry out for help.

The sun rises, another morning that I am lucky enough to see, unlike so many. As I prepare to hunt yet again, my thoughts drift to my family back home. Will I see them again? Or will they need to be told of my death on the battlefield?

I feel the ground shake, I hear the battlecries, my rifle at the ready. I charge alongside my brothers in arms, helpless to watch as they are torn apart by hostile fire. I am pushed back, my chest on fire. As I fall to the ground, my body broken, my thoughts drift yet again to my family, hoping they can forgive me for not being able to return.

As darkness begins to cloud my vision, memories from days past bring a small smile to my face. I feel relief, the pain is gone, I am for the first time time since this war began, at peace.

Fatigue suddenly overtakes me, I allow my eyelids to close, and the darkness takes me.

Comments

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good stuff
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cheers! Never thought I'd write something so dark to be honest.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NZepica wrote: »
    Cheers! Never thought I'd write something so dark to be honest.

It's good nonetheless
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    kids these days...
  • NZepica
    ? Whadda ya mean?
    kids these days...

• JAYB1RD-FNA
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That was a great addition to my original! Thank you. I hope more people start threads like this.
  • NZepica
    edited October 2016
    No worries! I'm glad you like it. I've also improved it a lot since this initial version, and I'm even thinking of doing more stuff like this on Tumblr or something.

If anything, I should thank you for inspiring me to write this. :P
    That was a great addition to my original! Thank you. I hope more people start threads like this.
  • Youratv
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some say it's not dark enough :*
  • NZepica
    Hah, I think I'd need to be REALLY screwed in the head to make it darker.
    Youratv wrote: »
    Some say it's not dark enough :*

• Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This was probably my favorite part:

"I scribe one more line on my rifle stock in remembrance of a solider I’ll never know."
  • NZepica
    That was one part I didn't write. XD Thank JAYB1RD for that. In the final version I've switched soldier with young man.
    This was probably my favorite part:

"I scribe one more line on my rifle stock in remembrance of a solider I’ll never know."