Horrible screeching audio ! [Update 11-19-2016]

kwadie
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2016
Hi all,

Does anyone beside me and the guy from the Youtube video experienced this weird ceiling lamp sound bug?

My friends whom I play with do not have this issue.

Its a really horrible sound, and it hurts my ears so badly I need to run away from the location.

My first thought was that my audio drivers might be outdated, but they are up to date. My second thought was maybe a game file is corrupted so I used the 'repair game' option in Origin. But nothing was wrong with my game files

Any solutions?

Please DICE fix this or help me locate the source of this issue

Many thanks !
Post edited by kwadie on

Comments

• Axutin
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Got it today and holy. *** it hurt my ears. Was using headphones and... it really hurts... believe me. It happened on monte grappa c flag
  • kwadie
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Axutin wrote: »
    Got it today and holy. *** it hurt my ears. Was using headphones and... it really hurts... believe me. It happened on monte grappa c flag

Hi,

What kind of headphones are you using? I'm using the HyperX Cloud II. Just to make sure we don't use the same ones and its a headphone issue :P
  • kwadie
    edited October 2016
    [UPDATE]
    I just tested it a little more and it has nothing to do with the headphones, the sounds is also coming though my speakers which use the Realtek audio drivers and the headphone(HyperX Cloud II) is connected via USB and uses its own drivers. Maybe it has to do with the (early enlist)deluxe edition?? All my friends have the standard edition.

EA/DICE fix this please :smile:
  • Seb1ke
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi kwadie, I experienced that screeching sound too, it was horrible :(
    Once I was in the same spot, in which the guy was in the video.
    Another occurrence was in a building, I don't know on which map - I'm still learning the maps...
    It's happening with BF1 standard with onboard Realtek® ALC887 audio + Samson SR850.
    It must be some setting in the audio config IMO.
  • kwadie
    edited November 2016
    [UPDATE 1-nov-2016]
    I talked with EA and they are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. No ETA so far on when they will patch this.

EA chat:
    GZx5Z6z.png
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it's a Halloween update.... Hope it gets fixed, it's enough to have all these clown alerts.
  • kwadie

[UPDATE 11-19-2016]

The issue still exists after the FALL update of Battlefield 1.
    The patch notes mentioned something about: Fix for a problem where ragdoll screams on velocity can start stuttering if a series of ragdoll impacts happen in succession.
    So I was hoping this was related to the screeching sound of the ceiling lamp. Bad luck I guess. I hope they will fix this !!
  • CPU_UK
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I got it as well. I noticed at the start of the game that sound SFX sounded muted, then got the noise that just wouldn't go, like a gurgling screech. Had to quit. Bled into TS. I had it a couple of times on BF4 (completely different rig) so I have seen this bug before.
  • Tagar3la
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,

Looks like a driver problem, or maybe a bug sound effect!
    Din't had that problem, i got all the sound efects off in windows!

Regards!
  • criskoe
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone find a fix for this yet? It's still happening for me. Annoying as hell on headphones. Only fix for me so far is to just avoid those areas on the map. Not really a practical fix IMO. Lol.

I used a Sen gsx 1000 and game one headset. So it's defiantly not asus soundcards only. It's defiantly somewhere in the game.
  • StarscreamUK
    7069 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    id like to know the areas on what maps, it has never happened to me at all, and considering its approaching 7 months since anyone posted in this thread, its unlikely to be widespread. but if you can say the areas it happens on at least some of us can see if it happens to us
  • darkpassenger_br
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    id like to know the areas on what maps, it has never happened to me at all, and considering its approaching 7 months since anyone posted in this thread, its unlikely to be widespread. but if you can say the areas it happens on at least some of us can see if it happens to us

Thanks God this issue is not just with me! I am going crazy with this sounds, it occurs in every map that has this lamp!

• kwadie

Some people don't have the issue at all, others like me have the issue from time to time. It can occur on every location where a ceiling mounted lamp is located. It think is has something to do with the movement of the lamp in rappid occurence creating this horrible screeching sound. A good location is point B inside the bunker of the Monte Grappa map Or every bunker on that map. It moslty occurs in bunkers.
  • darkpassenger_br
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Objective B at Argonne Forest is by far the most annoying place to be when this happens.
  • StarscreamUK
    7069 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Monte Grappe is one of my favourite maps too.... There must be something that causes it, but if it happens so rarely it's certainly going to be an awkward thing to track down.
  • BigF33t_13
    6600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've only had this happen inside D on Monte Grappa. It hasn't happened to me since an update a while back.
  • darkpassenger_br
    Monte Grappe is one of my favourite maps too.... There must be something that causes it, but if it happens so rarely it's certainly going to be an awkward thing to track down.

It's not rare, at least here
  • criskoe
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can also say that I've only seem to have this issue in bunkers. I generally don't spend much time in bunkers on most maps except one where it seems to happen the most for me. Which is the main bunker in the middle of the map on verdun heights. The dlc map. I first noticed this issue playing front lines on that map. Where in the beginning the two teams clash at that point and can be stuck there fighting over the first point for a while. While in the bunker the screeching starts out light and builds it way up to ear piercing levels. I've noticed that leaving the bunker stops it but returns soon as you enter back in. It can get so loud on my headset I litterlly have only two options. 1. Take my headset off. Or 2. Leave the bunker.

I thought it was my gsx 1000 being wonky but it seems that's not the case as others are reporting it.

I have not done much testing myself. And untill finding this post I did not make any coralation with the lights. Only thing that stood out was it happens in bunkers. Never anywhere else. I just avoided going to bunkers. Lol. Glad to see it's not just me.

• StarscreamUK

It's not rare, at least here

Well it is rare if you look at how many people bought this game and how many have posted about this.
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kwadie wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone beside me and the guy from the Youtube video experienced this weird ceiling lamp sound bug?

My friends whom I play with do not have this issue.

Its a really horrible sound, and it hurts my ears so badly I need to run away from the location.

My first thought was that my audio drivers might be outdated, but they are up to date. My second thought was maybe a game file is corrupted so I used the 'repair game' option in Origin. But nothing was wrong with my game files

Any solutions?

Please DICE fix this or help me locate the source of this issue

Many thanks !

Its someone upstairs having a knee trembler.
    That is whats shaking the light.
    BRAH.