Team Tool - DICE should show numbers of teams classes on the respawn screen.

RabNebula
235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Theres a lot of times when I'm in a game and people haven't gone to the squad screen to check what class types are already on the map. This can cause teams to become incredibly unbalanced towards 1 class (I'm talking about you snipers in the middle of nowhere and assault guys with AT gadgets in infantry only modes!).
-
For example: Yesterday I played a game of War Pigeons. We had 8 assault guys and a couple of snipers. No support for ammo and just me as medic. I'm of the view that while Assault (Engineer)may have decent primary weapons, it has just never been that great for infantry only modes. I say that as there's no team work off it, no vehicles to destroy or repair.
-
So to help balance teams out and highlight to those who don't think to check the teams class balance in the squad screen; a counter in the respawn screen of how many snipers, medics etc on are currently active on a team would be really helpful information to prompt people to choose a more practical class without forcing their choice.
-
It would be something like this:
Assault: 5
Medic: 12
Support: 3
Scout: 15

That could be numbers just above the class select bar. Then it can clearly outline the team to people so you may end up with something more like:
Assault: 11
Medic: 10
Support: 6
Scout: 5
Post edited by RabNebula on

Comments

  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The scoreboard is already there for that.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PS. No body is going to play support over those classes with those weapons.
  • MrBuggle236
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like a lil display showing how many of each class on your team? That would be convenient. I really dig that idea. It's more of a problem in this BF than any other prior, imo
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    The scoreboard is already there for that.

    Like I said, people don't always think to check the scoreboard/squad screen for classes. A simple counter in the respawn screen at the point people are selecting their classes could really help make a big difference as it is more direct and helps teach people how important team balancing is.
  • DownBeachDynasty
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just focus on my squad. I hardly ever play scout, but depending on what classes are already on my squad, I'll go the other way.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RabNebula wrote: »
    The scoreboard is already there for that.

    Like I said, people don't always think to check the scoreboard/squad screen for classes. A simple counter in the respawn screen at the point people are selecting their classes could really help make a big difference as it is more direct and helps teach people how important team balancing is.

    If they are not doing it for the purpose of balancing already no matter how many pieces of information you throw at them short of limits on classes in game it will not change.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like a lil display showing how many of each class on your team? That would be convenient. I really dig that idea. It's more of a problem in this BF than any other prior, imo

    Exactly that! It would just help people see what their team is doing more clearly. Only more experienced BF players check elsewhere like the squad screen to see the classes and it would make it easier for them also to really get the numbers.
    PS. No body is going to play support over those classes with those weapons.

    I know a few who play support. I was wrecking people with the Lewis Suppressive yesterday. What have you been using?
  • DrewbyHans
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. just plain old easier. plus navigating through anything UI related is laggy as hell
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RabNebula wrote: »
    Like a lil display showing how many of each class on your team? That would be convenient. I really dig that idea. It's more of a problem in this BF than any other prior, imo

    Exactly that! It would just help people see what their team is doing more clearly. Only more experienced BF players check elsewhere like the squad screen to see the classes and it would make it easier for them also to really get the numbers.
    PS. No body is going to play support over those classes with those weapons.

    I know a few who play support. I was wrecking people with the Lewis Suppressive yesterday. What have you been using?

    I play support have been since day one.... Problem is we have seen our ranks dwindling because of lack of balance since bf4. Hard-line seen us take a huge hit to numbers dropping 15%+ of players who played support. Since than we have currently the same number of people, and have gotten the LMGs back.

    The problem is that we are the few.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's actually a nifty idea.

    It'd be nice to see on the deploy screen:

    Team:
    Support =
    Medic =
    Assault =
    Recon =

    With a quick breakdown in either % or raw #'s. This could actually help quickly see what class is needed most or which class the team comp is too heavy on.

    I second this suggestion. It doesn't hamper or hinder gameplay and is a nice benefit to those that are team oriented.

  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    RabNebula wrote: »
    The scoreboard is already there for that.

    Like I said, people don't always think to check the scoreboard/squad screen for classes. A simple counter in the respawn screen at the point people are selecting their classes could really help make a big difference as it is more direct and helps teach people how important team balancing is.

    If they are not doing it for the purpose of balancing already no matter how many pieces of information you throw at them short of limits on classes in game it will not change.

    You're missing the point. It's cutting down the amount of information they have to see because they dont have to go check things like the squads list. The numbers would be right there in front of their face. There is plenty of space on the screen for a few little numbers counting the classes selected. You would really see a big difference just by making that information far more prominent for them to see in the class selection process. Of course it would never be perfect but that will never happen, what it would do is still provide freedom of choice but help level the playing field in a game where teams cant always communicate very easily.


    I play a lot of Elder Scrolls Online. In that you have battles with literally hundreds of people involved in a battle at any time and groups with a max of 24 who can communicate with each other through voice and text chat. Balancing teams in that has always been very easy. Unfortunately Battlefield doesn't have the same level of effective communication tools that ESO has. Its the small things like that class counter in the right moment which can make a huge difference where the game takes on some of the responsibility for that communication.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you say so... I just use the scoreboard which can be brought up at any time at the press of one button. It identifies the class totals, and where the sweet spot is on their team. Simple and easy to use. A good addition it would make for a few individuals. However I don't believe it's going to make the difference OP wants.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I think it's actually a nifty idea.

    It'd be nice to see on the deploy screen:

    Team:
    Support =
    Medic =
    Assault =
    Recon =

    With a quick breakdown in either % or raw #'s. This could actually help quickly see what class is needed most or which class the team comp is too heavy on.

    I second this suggestion. It doesn't hamper or hinder gameplay and is a nice benefit to those that are team oriented.

    That is exactly what I'm getting at :) Glad you agree and see how it can really benefit with some really stream line information in the right screen.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you say so... I just use the scoreboard which can be brought up at any time at the press of one button. It identifies the class totals, and where the sweet spot is on their team. Simple and easy to use. A good addition it would make for a few individuals. However I don't believe it's going to make the difference OP wants.

    Could you explain exactly why a more prominent and clear number with regard to class numbers directly on the screen where people are choosing classes wouldn't make any difference at all? I've explained why it would.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It wouldn't hurt to have this feature.

    I don't think it would necessarily change much - it's not like Sandy Sniper is going to all of a sudden pick assault or medic just because he realizes there are already 11snipers on his team.

    But yeah, it's a nice feature.
  • 249SawTooStronk
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ^^^ as stated above.
    People are going to play the class they want to play. Your opinion on what they should pick, or some list isn't going to change that.
    People are not going to play support mostly due to balance. People are going to pick medic for guns, and revive points. People are going to overload snipers because playstyle, and guns. People are going to pick assault because of the smgs.

    There are a few people who play strategically, and this feature would help them.

    If there was that many people who would play strategic based off other people's class choices we would not have the issue we have now. As stated above its a simple press of a button during any period of time during a match that it can be looked at. Not only do you have any idea what classes every plays, but if they are engaging you have an idea where, how much damage they doing to your team, and if they playing the points.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    It wouldn't hurt to have this feature.

    I don't think it would necessarily change much - it's not like Sandy Sniper is going to all of a sudden pick assault or medic just because he realizes there are already 11snipers on his team.

    But yeah, it's a nice feature.
    ^^^ as stated above.
    People are going to play the class they want to play. Your opinion on what they should pick, or some list isn't going to change that.
    People are not going to play support mostly due to balance. People are going to pick medic for guns, and revive points. People are going to overload snipers because playstyle, and guns. People are going to pick assault because of the smgs.

    There are a few people who play strategically, and this feature would help them.

    If there was that many people who would play strategic based off other people's class choices we would not have the issue we have now. As stated above its a simple press of a button during any period of time during a match that it can be looked at. Not only do you have any idea what classes every plays, but if they are engaging you have an idea where, how much damage they doing to your team, and if they playing the points.

    As I said, it would prompt people towards it without forcing them.
    You might not see a perfect balance change but if it is made that clear on the right screen then we may be talking about a difference of 2 to 4 people who could change the battle if they play a role that the team is lacking. From a psychology perspective, at the point of dying people aren't always going to check the scoreboard or squad lists to see the classes being used when they are respawning. Thats because lots of people don't think clearly at that point as they want to get back in the fight ( thats why its so hard to revive some people in time) BUT seeing directly in front of them on that respawn screen could provide the information at the most optimal point with no extra button presses or screens and give them at least a pause for thought and help communication with the players they may be with.

    So seeing clearly at that very point can make a healthy difference while still allowing people freedom to play how they want. It's an advisory tool which can help coach players in time as they see the kinds of balance which can win them games.

    It's really fine margins that can sway the balance at times and it would help a lot if people can see clearly whats needed as not everyone is a stubborn stanley sniper.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you say so... I just use the scoreboard which can be brought up at any time at the press of one button. It identifies the class totals, and where the sweet spot is on their team. Simple and easy to use. A good addition it would make for a few individuals. However I don't believe it's going to make the difference OP wants.

    there are icons for each player (if they're alive) denoting what class they are, but I don't remember seeing any total...

    and in any case that information is most useful on spawn select, and so it should be there.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ronin0ni wrote: »
    If you say so... I just use the scoreboard which can be brought up at any time at the press of one button. It identifies the class totals, and where the sweet spot is on their team. Simple and easy to use. A good addition it would make for a few individuals. However I don't believe it's going to make the difference OP wants.

    there are icons for each player (if they're alive) denoting what class they are, but I don't remember seeing any total...

    and in any case that information is most useful on spawn select, and so it should be there.

    Exactly! It's all about the right information, in the right form, in the right place at the right time. No use it being in a different screen to where it really matters because its far less effective and not everybody checks that.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    It wouldn't hurt to have this feature.

    I don't think it would necessarily change much - it's not like Sandy Sniper is going to all of a sudden pick assault or medic just because he realizes there are already 11snipers on his team.

    But yeah, it's a nice feature.

    I agree, but it'd let me and my squad have a quicker knowledge of what the team is already too heavy on...which could be "moderately" useful maybe once or twice =)
Sign In or Register to comment.