EA, you want us to rent servers, so why try to punish us?

2»

Comments

• PeppaPigKiIIa
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    We new this before they launched the game. Yet you all bought the game. You get what you paid for. Be happy the badmins are gone.

It was a minority at best badmins.

I have plans to get a couple servers, but that coudl change. The **** poor drips of info we're getting is nothing that we didnt already assume.

I have a feeling these rentable servers wont even be ranked going off a couple of the settings you're allowed to change " bullet damage" for one.

They made a great game, but killed it by not supporting the communities that made it a a success. Same crap with IW, look at their product now, more people playing farm simulator than it.
  • CrimeSceneKitty
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    We new this before they launched the game. Yet you all bought the game. You get what you paid for. Be happy the badmins are gone.

We knew nothing of the rental servers before release, all we knew, and this is from the info that is clearly time stamped on the forums, is that we were getting rental servers via EA and that it would roll out after release. We had no questions answered about anything, nor even the info that we cant use plugins.

"Well you should have waited before buying"
    No, I am not going to put the whole game on hold because they had not said anything about the rental server system. In fact there was nothing to make me even think that I should wait, because we had no bad info given to us at the time. And this is not going to make me stop playing the game, it will just make me not want to rent servers, along with all the communities out there.

And what does this have to do with badmins? Those badmins can still rent servers and still be ****. Its not like 3rd party hosting was the source of badmins, it was the people with the power. EA will not protect them nor will they go after them. EA will tell you what everyone else has done for years, and that is to go to a different server or deal with it.
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I brought this very subject up on June 1, 2016. People thought I was nuts about "not having admin controlled rentable servers" LOL
    DICE said before Official Launch dedicated servers would be coming. Later they announced after the servers get released they wold add features like admin kill/kick/ban. Features they did not intend to give admins along with hardcore. Features players complained about because cheaters were getting banned from admin controlled servers and cried on the threads about it.

I would say read a little before you come in complaining. It was announced, not in a timely manner as I would have preferred but it was announced.

You got what you paid for. Get happy or get a refund.
  • ruw4nk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Yes, call of duty 4 remastered also announced "dedicated servers", but its **** up like all modern cod franchises. And at the end, they gonna sold less copies than expected. Havent bought bf1 so far, i played bf3-bf4 a lot because you could build your own solid community around your own server with your own rules. it was a pleasure to spend time configure plugins, join every day and wait until more players are ready to join you as well. watchin a growing community, more and bette reputations, all that hard work, worth it. Maybe bad company 3 or the upcoming BF WW2 will be a step back to move forward.
  • SgtWhiskyPaul
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another FAIL by EA.......The battlefield community is dwindling, and will eventually give up on EA.... I look forward to a Kickstarter Campaign to raise enough money to restart the Bad Company / Battlefield duo