Make Vehicles not taking pt in objectives slowly degrade or explode infantry need help no KD clowns

dgeesio
73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
now before people go full ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just listen.

every objective based game type in public games there is that one or two guys who get a vehicle which should be used for the objective but dont.they sit on edge of map get high kd ratio and your team loses.

i see this every game i have played in anything that has a objective to capture or defend.this needs to change.there needs to be a incentive or some damage applied to said vehicle or something so they actually play the team objective instead of mr kd ratio guy.

on operations for eg every game with boat the boat or blimp they sit off the capture points.just getting kills .you end up losing when a objective player would or should push over the objective and capture it quickly.
tanks like the light ones especially just sit off points getting easy kills instead of pushing in aiding the capture.

with smart decisions vehicles could actually help infantry win games instead of just being lone rangers doing nothing but farm kills.

worst thing is the majority of those players who do this never even play infy they just do same thing over and over.

Comments

• incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, it is mainly a balancing issue and algorithms causing people to explode would be a problem.

Nerf the splash damage, buff the speed, and give the tanks a few other changes to improve their usefulness around objectives.

That's the only way to fix it. Right now they are simply too easy to get kills with while at the same time being pretty fragile due to mobility so it causes camping.
  • dgeesio
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    no its pretty simple make vehicle push to objective.if they stay stationary for more than certain amount of time they get damaged.at a rate faster than repair but this stops if they move towards capturing the objective or defending it. scores wont do anything or slowing them down.the point is people are sitting of doing anything and at range.so slowing down vehicles does nothing to make them push for helping your team.

in most game types no vehicles would actually be better.than the current set up. it wouldnt be hard to factor this in.

operations is almost pointless playing if you trying to win on attack for this very readon.

light tankers sit off enemy long shot one shot kills blimps sit off caps so you lose.boat in sinai desert does same sits on edge of sea firing long shots.he gets 40-50 for 1 your team loses.

vehicles are ruining the fun for basically KD players.

snipers are nothing compared to vehicles because the vehicles can capture the points instantly if they push for them.a sniper cant.

the worst thing is the game is mainly infantry based.yet the better chance of getting high KD ratios is in vehicles.thats why people do it.so the game is set up better for a smaller base which is vehicles when the largest base is infantry.makes no sense.at all.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Why should a vehicle be used to cap an objective and not to clear objectives and/or stop enemy from approaching objectives?

When did enemy soldiers stop becoming a type of "objective"?
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Worst idea evar.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Would make play impossible in some situations. For example, my team gets based and I am fighting it out with another tank so that we can eventually push up - and suddenly my tank blows up because I'm not close enough to the objective.

What you're suggesting is a mechanic which implements the suicidal tendencies of PTFO nuts. Playing the objective is about pushing up at the right time, not running in to the objective as a suicide tactic (although it may work sometimes). That's why killing and choosing your battles is important. Kill and then move up.
  • saddlebred12
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like its to early in the day for this bad of a idea
  • dgeesio
    incapslap wrote: »
    Would make play impossible in some situations. For example, my team gets based and I am fighting it out with another tank so that we can eventually push up - and suddenly my tank blows up because I'm not close enough to the objective.

What you're suggesting is a mechanic which implements the suicidal tendencies of PTFO nuts. Playing the objective is about pushing up at the right time, not running in to the objective as a suicide tactic (although it may work sometimes). That's why killing and choosing your battles is important. Kill and then move up.

the difference is while its a great idea in theory ingame it never happens. you see it every game light tank 40-0 you lose. guy in blimp same not capping points.basically the infantry take it in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ because vehicle players are off getting kills.instead of capping defending.