End Of Round Screen - Deaths in this screen SHOULD NOT count.

RabNebula
235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
If you are flying a plane and the round ends, you have control of the plane taken away from you but the plane carries on. 9 times out of 10 this will result in your plane flying off into the distance to crash and resulting in a death on the scoreboard for you.

Never at any point should a game remove control from a player and still count the deaths. This is just terrible and thoughtless game design in that respect.

Comments

• kekcroc
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's been like that for a while now in most of the games, the only advice is to tilt you plane up towards the sky to avoid a nosedive

Gonna miss trying to get our jets to crash into the central flag in BF4 during the endgame screen though.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's been like that for a while now in most of the games, the only advice is to tilt you plane up towards the sky to avoid a nosedive

Gonna miss trying to get our jets to crash into the central flag in BF4 during the endgame screen though.

Ha yeh I know its been like it but it's ridiculous that DICE have not addressed it. You basically have to give up fighting with 5 tickets to go because someone might get a multikill from a heavy tank or something. It shouldn't have ever been the case so it shouldn't be something that is accepted now because it isn't good game design at all.
  • llllTrooperllll
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue BF4 had.......
  • o___RAKU___o
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    absolutely agree. it's funno how 4 years and 2 games later they still can't be bothered to fix this
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kind of frustrating when you run a perfect game and die on the end game screen
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It happens even when on the ground and within bounds. Something in the game is broken because you can even lose kills.
  • RabNebula
    Yup it's really bad that something like that happens when it's completely taken out of the players control at that point. Poor game design and needs a change along with the random deaths that keep popping up before the game has even started.
  • craig_carver_15
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It happens when I'm in an artillery truck too.

32-1
    *game ends*
    32-2
    Wtf?!?!
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know you don't always notice, but if you do just bail out of the plane and deploy your parachute at like 995 tickets.
  • gamingwithlofty
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    why does it matter? who cares about there K/D that much, either your team lost or you won, that's all that matters.
  • RabNebula
    edited November 2016
    why does it matter? who cares about there K/D that much, either your team lost or you won, that's all that matters.

You again? What is your k/d? 0.3? What you said is the kind of comment I expect from players who go negative but need a reason to feel better about it. You need to have a good k/d combined with taking objectives for the win. If the game was just about taking objectives then why bother shooting each other at all?

This issue brought up in this thread is not just because of k/d. It's that you can have a flawless game or be half way in an operation with a chance to really get your best kill streak racked up and then the end of round screen kills you. It's happened on ground and in air. My best streak is 61. I would have broken that and got 68 today if it wasn't for the mid way screen taking so long it zoned me out and killed me way after the game had taken control off me and I ended up with a 57 kill streak 1 death which was just the game and then the rest of my kills up to 68. So were it not for the game taking control off me and killing me then I would have had a 68 streak game.
    It is poor and lazy game design and cannot be supported with an argument like "Who cares about k/d anyway?" when the game credits you with a death after it has taken away control from you.
  • The_Violator_NZ
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Because it makes it impossible to achieve a FLAWLESS VICTORY of course...
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gas grenades are really effective at 999 tickets...pls fix this.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I nearly died of laughter when I got the final kill; does that little zoom out and this medic just gets trampled by a horse :D
    ~
    I would be nice if we had control over our planes and gas masks
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    last night I survived a whole round of suez in a arty, the round ended and it showed I had one death... wtf?

is it because math? can't divide by zero
  • RabNebula
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I nearly died of laughter when I got the final kill; does that little zoom out and this medic just gets trampled by a horse :D
    ~

Well I don't think it should be so much that we have control beyond that point. I feel it would make sense that the screen triggers immunity on the players and auto levels planes out. Much like the end of an exam, you don't carry on writing after the bell just as the paper doesn't keep coming up with new questions. The game should be done when the game is done.
  • The_Violator_NZ
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    RabNebula wrote: »
    ~

Well I don't think it should be so much that we have control beyond that point. I feel it would make sense that the screen triggers immunity on the players and auto levels planes out. Much like the end of an exam, you don't carry on writing after the bell just as the paper doesn't keep coming up with new questions. The game should be done when the game is done.

In BF4 you did still have control at that point. Remember all the people jumping up and down at C flag on Lockers as you went to the final scoreboard?

I agree with you though and 10 points for the exam analogy. Excellent.
  • RabNebula
    edited November 2016
    RabNebula wrote: »
    ~

In BF4 you did still have control at that point. Remember all the people jumping up and down at C flag on Lockers as you went to the final scoreboard?

I agree with you though and 10 points for the exam analogy. Excellent.

Pretty sure you couldnt move at that point though and vehicles would crash. I quit that game after the 15th patch in the 1st 2 months I think. BF3 I had about 800 hours played, BF4 I had maybe 150 I think. At least DICE have got this one a bit more functional than BF4. It's just so frustrating to see poor game design choices like these uncontrollable deaths in it rather than end of game meaning END OF GAME though.