5Bravo's List of Required Fixes/Changes

Bravo-Winter
156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited November 2016
I've been enjoying BF1 quite a bit for the past couple of weeks however there is occasionally an issue/feature in this game that simply frustrates me. Therefore, I'm compiling a list of such issues/features so that there is a better chance of them being fixed/changed. #DICEplz

1. The UI in general mostly with regards to joining friends. I shouldn't feel like I have to be a mastermind codebreaker just to join on a friend. If a friend is playing on a server, i want to see which server they are playing on and be able to join them. 8/10 times, there is no "Join" button on my friends then it becomes a matter of opening Origin in-game to try joining them from there (with a lot of hope) or getting them to invite me to their game and party. Oh and accepting invites is a pain in the butt. Why can't there be an in-game UI feature for that rather than me having to open up Origin in-game to hopefully find it.

2. End of round stats - sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't - it's a gamble.

3. Actual round score on the scoreboard. If I open up the scoreboard (for example, when I am in the death screen) I want to see how many points my team has and which flags. Those 5-20 seconds of waiting for jimmy the medic to make his mind up and revive me are a good opportunity for me to catch up whether or not my team is winning or losing and by how much.

4. Side-to-side strafing. I thought it was bad in BF4...it's worse in BF1. the movements are simply way too fast and snappy, they need to be toned down by a lot. It literally becomes a noob fight when two people are ADADAD spamming and trying to shoot each other in CQC (https://youtube.com/watch?v=w-hI1j17Im4). Not even professional tennis players move from side-to-side that quick.

5. Allow us to set a separate button for bayonet charges. If I want to swing my pickaxe then I want to swing my pickaxe and not run around the room like a madman trying to stab a wall with a bayonet. The single melee button offers too much room for accidental bayonet charges.

6. Revive glitch - sometimes when you get revived, your gun is glitched and you can't shoot requiring you to switch weapons and switch back.

7. Vehicle movement and view glitch. Sometimes when you jump in a vehicle, it is impossible to look around (like with a turret or the mortar) or even move requiring you to either tab our or press ` on PC (not sure if the problem exists on console or how you'd solve it on console)

8. Need an Early quit button during End of Round stats page rather than having to wait until the whole next round has loaded in order to quit. -ZeroisVOID

9. Loadout Glitch - changes that are made on the companion app aren't always applied to in-game. In addition, at the beginning of rounds especially if you have clicked deploy and while waiting to actually deploy you change our loadout, the changes that you make aren't actually saved when you do deploy. -smart27_er4gm2f

10. Dude, where's my tank? Sometimes when spawning into a tank/plane/cavalry role you spawn in without the actual vehicle/horse and instead you're standing around in a tank/pilot/cavalry suit thinking "wait, what?" -R3volve

11. Platoons!!! Previous battlefield titles had "Platoons" which was essentially a way to organize your clan/gaming community allowing for communication, shared emblems, recruitment support, etc. It is a feature that is currently missing in BF1 which upon implementation could improve team work, interest among gaming communities, and help provide a framework for competitive gameplay.

12. Server Browser Glitch? Even without any filters applied, I cannot see all North American servers. It seems as though whenever I click refresh, I get a whole new list of servers. This may be troublesome when server rentals come along..

13. Glued to the person you joined on? When you do manage to join your friend in a game and your friend is in a full squad, there is nothing you can do but be a loner without a squad until space becomes available in your friend's squad. Being able to instantly join your friend's squad is great but when you get trapped without one, it's frustrating.

14. Medal system - tracked medals reverting. This was especially apparent on Sunday prior to and after the time to switch to a new set of medals to track. In some cases, before the the time was up, medals were reverting back to medals from the previous week. After the time was up, new medals were not being shown and the medals which should have been gone were still there.

That is all that I have for now. I will add more if I think of it or encounter further issues... If you have a video demonstrating an issue/glitch, feel free to post it and I will add it to the list.
Post edited by Bravo-Winter on

Comments

• The-Acidpiss
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I just had to up vote this because I think its the first poster that wants changes not biased towards their own playstyle!! LOL

And with an afterthought I generally agree to everything you have posted aswell!! x2 firsts in one post!

• VerkanOne
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1

Plz fix it all!
  • J0nSwift
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You tell'em Bravo!! My favorite Canadian from England!

Seriously though, all good points. Trying to join on friends or friends join on you is an absolute mess right now. It defeats the purpose of what BF is all about- teamwork. I can't join on a friend because the server is full. Well ok, that's fine, but I'm not even able to join the que.

Teamwork is absolutely the best way to play Battlefield.
  • Wisdomlikesilenc
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    8. Shooting bullets into players has the effect of making the player die. Would be nice!
  • Bravo-Winter
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    8. Shooting bullets into players has the effect of making the player die. Would be nice!

Any issue that I've encountered regarding hit registration has been a network issue whether it be my network (to heck with Wifi), the other person's network (players with high latencies..), or server issues. The moment I start seeing that yellow/orange server issue icon pop up I know that shenanigans are going to follow...
  • Wisdomlikesilenc
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played enough yet to know but is there a major problem with hit registration? or are the noob guns just really, really weak (or have bad spread in the case of the assault class)? Because I'm just emptying clips into people and having little to no effect.
  • J0nSwift
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That sounds like a latency issue Wisdom (either your side or theirs), when hit regs aren't happening. Same issue on BF4. Look for the little red or orange warning icon in the top right corner and see which warning you're getting to hopefully have a better understanding.

Bad spread in the Assault class is just how the weapons are designed (as far as I've seen), they're supposed to be close quarter, spray and pray type weapons. I think many people are probably used to some of the laser type PDW's the Engi class had. This is a new game and new games always take a little getting used to.
  • ZeroisVOID
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A quit button would be pretty cool in the end game menu or the loading menu too .
    For people with a 3 to 4 minutes loading it would be pretty cool .
  • J0nSwift
    ZeroisVOID wrote: »
    A quit button would be pretty cool in the end game menu or the loading menu too .

Yep. Forgot about that. Quit button. Something obvious.
  • VenomRTX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ZeroisVOID wrote: »

Yep. Forgot about that. Quit button. Something obvious.

I saw somewhere in Reddit that it's because the game loads the next round while showing the end round screen.
    Here's the link: clicky
  • GTFO_Jamie
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This would be a complete shift, but i'd like to see teams having access only to weapons for their specific country, like certain WW2 games in the past. Rather then everyone being able to unlock and use anything regardless of team.

Britain has access to the weapons regularly used by the British, same for the Germans etc.

Also, i'd prefer if there was more use of rifles and less people with machine guns/sub machine guns.

That's personal preference but also reflective i think of the era, i'm pretty sure rifles were the norm for most soldiers.

That could be done by either removing some of them (probably unpopular) or reducing their range/accuracy so that a machine gun/automatic weapon isn't the 'go to' choice for 90% of players.
  • J0nSwift
    BF hasn't limited types of weapons for a nation since BF2. I understand the historical point of view, and that would be nice to see in more of a simulation type of game. However, enabling players to choose from a higher number of weapons greatly increases the overall enjoyment, in my opinion. Plus, you'd have people complain for the opposite argument. "XYZ country has ABC weapon, DEF nation should get ABC weapons too to make it fair!"
  • FF_smart27
    1965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    9. Gas mask glitch - You try to do something good e.g. revive or resupply your team but instead you have to struggle with your gas mask.
    10. Revive glitch - Oh how cool! This nice medik just revived me. Wait why is my weapon not shooting? Ough I'm dead again :disappointed:
    11. Loadout glitch - would be nice if I could equip the weapon I want...in one try.
    12. Resuply glitch - Did someone order ammo? Here you go...oh wait were did the ammo box go?
  • J0nSwift
    10. Revive glitch - Oh how cool! This nice medik just revived me. Wait why is my weapon not shooting? Ough I'm dead again :disappointed:

Its up there in the list as number 6 ;)
  • TheDrunkBrit
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just wish I could actually get the game to run :(
    Beta worked just fine... it's probably the windows 10 and nvidia updates that installed after I got back from 2 weeks holiday on Sunday that have fubared my laptop. :s

Looking forward to joining you to do some Honey-Badgering when I finally get it running! B)
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    5bravo wrote: »

Any issue that I've encountered regarding hit registration has been a network issue whether it be my network (to heck with Wifi), the other person's network (players with high latencies..), or server issues. The moment I start seeing that yellow/orange server issue icon pop up I know that shenanigans are going to follow...

I just assume it's latency/OOR now, whenever my shots aren't hitting, I die and see he still has 100% health, or I die after one shot.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF hasn't limited types of weapons for a nation since BF2. I understand the historical point of view, and that would be nice to see in more of a simulation type of game. However, enabling players to choose from a higher number of weapons greatly increases the overall enjoyment, in my opinion. Plus, you'd have people complain for the opposite argument. "XYZ country has ABC weapon, DEF nation should get ABC weapons too to make it fair!"

Perhaps limit it to each side only sharing weapons of that faction, such as British allowed to use French, American, etc.

In which cade, machine guns should also jam with a high frequency.....though latency/OOR creates a similar effect
  • R3volve
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    I would add "spawning in as a tanker on foot" to the list.
    This makes me go insane.
    It usually seems to happen when you select the tank at F on St. Quentin Scar.

I would also add the annoying as hell direct hit on a tank does no damage bug.
    I am not talking about the feature where AT rockets hit at an extreme angle will ricochet off.
    I'm talking about being in a light howitzer, and scoring 3 direct hits in a row, and the fourth (and final) hit did zero damage. I see the shell hit the tank dead center, sparks fly everywhere, no hit registration...
    I have noticed that it only seems to happen when firing in quick succession. Maybe its a desync between client and server? My client thinks I fired, when the server said my tank wasn't ready to fire yet?
  • diagoro
    You tell'em Bravo!! My favorite Canadian from England!

Seriously though, all good points. Trying to join on friends or friends join on you is an absolute mess right now. It defeats the purpose of what BF is all about- teamwork. I can't join on a friend because the server is full. Well ok, that's fine, but I'm not even able to join the que.

Teamwork is absolutely the best way to play Battlefield.

It seems like Dice removed a lot of 'team oriented' features. No platoons, difficulty of connecting, team chat is glitchy. Half expecting a "Lone Wolf" ribbon to appear
  • diagoro
    [/quote]
    9. Gas mask glitch - You try to do something good e.g. revive or resupply your team but instead you have to struggle with your gas mask.
    11. Loadout glitch - would be nice if I could equip the weapon I want...in one try.
    12. Resuply glitch - Did someone order ammo? Here you go...oh wait were did the ammo box go?

The gas mask needle thing is really frustrating, but just assumed my controller was glitchy. Still feels like we can use the madk and needle at same time.

As for ammo/health boxes......Dice changed them from BF4. If they don't clearly fit, they don't drop (though the soldier still says it dropped). A smaller box would help, as would allowing them to land on rocks, etc. It's like Dice never figured out how to keep objects from conflicting.