Possible future maps (This is a long one!)

GrinddalDDG
463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2016
Hi there, new to this site, but not new to the BF franchise. Played since BF1942. (Did not play Hardline)

BF1 imo has some amazing new maps, in particular Saint Quentin Scar, Amiens, and Ballroom Blitz, and Argonne! (Yes, I like Assault and Medic class best.)
But what are some wants for future maps?

Since all maps are based on real campaigns during ww1, I will present some other campaigns I find interesting, please let me know wich ones you like? and if you have other ideas.

First of all, we need more maps from the Western Front (trench war, high infantry map).

I believe the first DLC we see in March, will have a few of Lorraine, Verdun, Somme or Alsace, so I wont mention those.

1: Battle of Liege

169f429.png

The Battle of Liège (French: Bataille de Liège) was the opening engagement of the German invasion of Belgium and the first battle of World War I. The attack on Liège city began on 5 August 1914 and lasted until 16 August, when the last fort surrendered. The length of the siege of Liège may have delayed the German invasion of France by 4–5 days. Railways needed by the German armies in eastern Belgium were closed for the duration of the siege and German troops did not appear in strength before Namur until 20 August

This is the earliest(First battle of the war actually) and one of the smaller battles of the Western Front infantry wise. - This was a battle for the beautiful city Liege of Belgium.

jqql93.jpg
Liege, allowing for some city on one edge of the map.

Maybe the weapons were not advanced anough during the start of the war? - The British also joined in on this skirmish, since the Belgians were overwhelmed by the German numbers to begin with.

Illustrations and pictures of how the battlefields of Liege looked.

2na4hav.jpg
The area is slightly hilly, a forrested area with sloaping green hills. 12 of these hills had super secure hill fortifications.
This illustration shows a collapsed fort.

sbtppf.jpg

8z4dom.jpg
Imagine the infantry battles here!

2: First Battle of the Marne

33zche0.png

The Battle of the Marne (French: Première bataille de la Marne, also known as the Miracle of the Marne) was a First World War battle fought from 7–12 September 1914. It resulted in an Allied victory against the German Army. The battle was the culmination of the German advance into France and pursuit of the Allied armies which followed the Battle of the Frontiers in August and had reached the eastern outskirts of Paris. A counter-attack by six French field armies and the British Expeditionary Force (BEF) along the Marne River forced the Imperial German Army to retreat north-west, leading to the Battle of the Aisne and the "Race to the Sea". The Battle of the Marne was a victory for the Allies, but it also set the stage for four years of trench warfare stalemate on the Western Front.

Think Argonne with small creeks, rivers, small towns and fields.

1zl6exg.jpg
This is the definition of trench warfare, scraping for inches!

2en01m1.jpg
A map here would allow for smaller naval units to have an actual impact in the middle of the map?

2ds0b2g.jpg
This battle was heavy in infantry units aswell as tanks and smaller naval units.

2ibpamb.jpg
Bridge levelation would be cool.

w71q4j.jpg
Map would allow for all classes to have fun.

3: Battle of Arras

2eea0ja.png

The Battle of Arras (also known as the Second Battle of Arras) was a British offensive on the Western Front during World War I. From 9 April to 16 May 1917, British troops attacked German defences near the French city of Arras on the Western Front. There were big gains on the first day, followed by stalemate. The battle cost nearly 160,000 British and about 125,000 German casualties.

qq4h93.jpg
2e4yq0g.jpg
This map has similarities with Amiens, but with underground tunnels, and sorrounding countryside.

2nk5ty.jpg
Some awesome vehiculuar ambushes await?

30c22zd.jpg
Underground tunnels anyone?

Italian Campaign

1: Battle of Caporetto (also known as the Twelfth Battle of the Isonzo, yes this place saw 12 battles most of which were major battles with heavy losses)

2i0w4ns.png

The Battle of Caporetto in 1917 (also known as the Twelfth Battle of the Isonzo, the Battle of Kobarid or the Battle of Karfreit as it was known by the Central Powers), took place from 24 October to 19 November 1917, near the town of Kobarid (now in north-western Slovenia, then part of the Austrian Littoral), on the Austro-Italian front of World War I. The battle was named after the Italian name of the town (also known as Karfreit in German).
Austro-Hungarian forces, reinforced by German units, were able to break into the Italian front line and rout the Italian army, which had practically no mobile reserves. The battle was a demonstration of the effectiveness of the use of stormtroopers and the infiltration tactics developed in part by Oskar von Hutier. The use of poison gas by the Germans also played a key role in the collapse of the Italian Second Army.

34oo4sw.jpg
This battle was in Fall/winter, with lots of snow!

4l64o8.jpg
The area of the battle makes for some interesting map possibilites.

24e722t.jpg
Small villages sprawl the area.

Gallipoli Campaign

Basically any of the battles at Gallipoli.

Battle of the Nek
Battle of Chunuk Bair
Battle of Gully Ravine
Battle of Hill 60 (Gallipoli)
Battle of Krithia Vineyard
Battle of Lone Pine
Battle of Sari Bair
Battle of Scimitar Hill
Landing at Anzac Cove
Landing at Cape Helles
First Battle of Krithia
Second Battle of Krithia
Third Battle of Krithia

2m6a3xt.png
33dh7dg.png

The Gallipoli Campaign, also known as the Dardanelles Campaign, the Battle of Gallipoli or the Battle of Çanakkale (Turkish: Çanakkale Savaşı), was a campaign of World War I that took place on the Gallipoli peninsula (Gelibolu in modern Turkey) in the Ottoman Empire between 25 April 1915 and 9 January 1916. The peninsula forms the northern bank of the Dardanelles, a strait that provided a sea route to the Russian Empire, one of the Allied powers during the war. Intending to secure it, Russia's allies Britain and France launched a naval attack followed by an amphibious landing on the peninsula, with the aim of capturing the Ottoman capital of Constantinople (modern Istanbul).[6] The naval attack was repelled and after eight months' fighting, with many casualties on both sides, the land campaign was abandoned and the invasion force was withdrawn to Egypt.
The campaign was one of the greatest Ottoman victories during the war. In Turkey, it is regarded as a defining moment in the nation's history: a final surge in the defence of the motherland as the Ottoman Empire crumbled. The struggle formed the basis for the Turkish War of Independence and the declaration of the Republic of Turkey eight years later under Mustafa Kemal (Kemal Atatürk) who first rose to prominence as a commander at Gallipoli. The campaign is often considered as marking the birth of national consciousness in Australia and New Zealand and the date of the landing, 25 April, is known as "Anzac Day" which is the most significant commemoration of military casualties and veterans in those two countries, surpassing Remembrance Day (Armistice Day).

zulac4.png
General area of the battles, allows for awesome naval activity - The one thing I have really missed in Bf1 is the posibility to do proper naval engangements.

bf4bxd.jpg
35kkdi8.jpg
Hilly and somewhat mountainous landscapes are sorrounded by water since Gallipoli is a peninsula - As I wrote, - Massive naval engangements.

5akqoz.jpg
One team starting from the ships ofc.

Macedonian Front

Monastir Offensive:

20gqx3.png

Monastir Offensive was an Allied military operation against the forces of the Central Powers during World War I, intended to break the deadlock on the Macedonian Front by forcing the capitulation of Bulgaria and relieving the pressure on Romania. The offensive took the shape of a large battle and lasted for three months and ended with the capture of the town of Monastir. On an average depth of 50 kilometers the Bulgarian First Army (from the end of September German Eleventh Army) gave battle on six occasions and was forced to retreat five times.

vcwb5k.jpg
The town of Bitola hasnt changed much since ww1. Small town, sorounded by lush mountains, and large open plains. Good for all classes.

dqrcxv.jpg
Bitola is sorounded by the Pelister national park, some awesome maps could be made with the town itsealf as the centerpiece.

k9f8sy.jpg
As promised the area also has large open areas for vehicular combat, and probably a killing field for the snipers.

BONUS:

Battle of Jerusalem

Not going into detail about this one, since I dont believe it is possible - A map here, would possibly enrage a large part of several religious communities.

rsbuht.jpg
Would be super cool though!

I am by no means a history expert, I enjoy it on an amateur level, and I know about these battles, but the details are from 3rd parties.

If you want inspiration - here is a list of WW1 battles, skirmishes, camaigns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_engagements_of_World_War_I

Post edited by GrinddalDDG on

Comments

• GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Disclaimer:

I am aware nothing was fun about ww1, and I am aware of the millions of tragic losses.

This is in no way meant as disrespect to the awesome people who gave their lives to secure a better future for all of us.
  • mf192
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You know those are all really great ideas, but I think we really need at least one map with snow in the winter, and possibly a blizzard could roll in sometimes. I feel it's almost necessary that there be one because like you showed above, they certainly fought in the snow during winter, plus, it would look gorgeous with this games amazing graphics and would add some serious variety to the maps.
  • GrinddalDDG
    mf192 wrote: »
    You know those are all really great ideas, but I think we really need at least one map with snow in the winter, and possibly a blizzard could roll in sometimes. I feel it's almost necessary that there be one because like you showed above, they certainly fought in the snow during winter, plus, it would look gorgeous with this games amazing graphics and would add some serious variety to the maps.

Thanks,

I agree, we desperately need a snow map with these graphics - Just look for a winter campaign.

Gallipoli is a snowy map, and Monastir campaign stretches into december and could feature snow in the those gorgeous mountains.
  • GrinddalDDG
    Gonna bump this, since it didnt just take 5mins to compile :)
  • GrinddalDDG
    Last bump, come on guys, any takes on future maps?
  • razorwave
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Excellent post,i would love all of those maps in bf1 :)
  • GreenRey
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2016
    Gallipoli is a must have.

The battle of Liege is one that intrigued because of the nature of the battle. DICE should create this map and limit weapons that did not exist in 1914 that already exist in the game. This would add a sense of uniqueness to the map that many players who like historical accuracy would enjoy.

And it's also the first battle of WW1! Come on guys.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Gallipoli and Arras look interesting.

I also remember there being a battle at Ypres which could be of interest.

The battle of Thiepval Ridge could be a pure tunnels and trenches map

Battle of Thiepval Ridge, 26–28 September
    Main article: Battle of Thiepval Ridge

The Battle of Thiepval Ridge was the first large offensive mounted by the Reserve Army of Lieutenant General Hubert Gough and was intended to benefit from the Fourth Army attack at Morval by starting 24 hours afterwards. Thiepval Ridge was well fortified and the German defenders fought with great determination, while the British co-ordination of infantry and artillery declined after the first day, due to confused fighting in the maze of trenches, dug-outs and shell-craters.
  • Fizsprocket
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet we got at least one snow map.
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys,

didnt see your answers before now,

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I agree about liege and gallipolli, also being my favourites.
    And yeah, they could do a map (liege) with lesser weapons and tools and make it pureinfantry skill based.

anyone know when in december we can expect giants shadow?

Just googled Thiepval Ridge, it looks awesome. would indeed be a cool map!
  • ro7hbard
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good suggestions. I would like to see a hospital or a school. But I am sure those are not good for the censors. They would just make interesting environments for an fps with all the corridor. One of my favorite areas in bf1 is the indoor corridors on the ballroom blitz map.
  • O_Forest_Gump_O
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its very refreshing to see a post with something other than complaining, Well done!

This is my first FPS in awhile and its amazing to see how many people do more complaining on here than actually discuss things of value that are in our control.
  • Brinkman0
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would be nice to see an alps map that isn't just a hillside cluster-f. Rather an alpine lake/forest map.
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited December 2016
    ro7hbard wrote: »
    Good suggestions. I would like to see a hospital or a school. But I am sure those are not good for the censors. They would just make interesting environments for an fps with all the corridor. One of my favorite areas in bf1 is the indoor corridors on the ballroom blitz map.

Thanks,

Yeah, I agree, I also LOVE ballroom blitz C flag. It's epic :D A hospital should be ok, no? Maybe a school not so much..
    Its very refreshing to see a post with something other than complaining, Well done!

This is my first FPS in awhile and its amazing to see how many people do more complaining on here than actually discuss things of value that are in our control.

You are right, and thanks for noticing. I really like this game, so im not going to complain :) DICE done right by me this time :)
    Brinkman0 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see an alps map that isn't just a hillside cluster-f. Rather an alpine lake/forest map.

Yeah so like the Bflag area on Monte Grappa?

Battle of Caporetto would be something for you I think :)
  • Vyrmin
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice post. Well researched.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Bump for battle of Arras, although for slightly sad reasons. My Great Grandfather was one of the British soldiers that didn't make it. Thinking of going to Arras for the 100th anniversary of the battle next year. His name is on the memorial in the Faubourg d'Amiens British Cemetery in France.
  • redline706899
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All excellent ideas. Well put together post. I know I speak for more than just myself when i say a snow map(s) would be amazing to see in this game.
  • GrinddalDDG
    Sindari wrote: »
    Bump for battle of Arras, although for slightly sad reasons. My Great Grandfather was one of the British soldiers that didn't make it. Thinking of going to Arras for the 100th anniversary of the battle next year. His name is on the memorial in the Faubourg d'Amiens British Cemetery in France.

Wow man, sorry to hear. you have my condolences.

But man, you have a hero in your family who gave his life for his principles. You should definitely go pay your respects.
    I hope nothing here offended you :)
    All excellent ideas. Well put together post. I know I speak for more than just myself when i say a snow map(s) would be amazing to see in this game.

If im not mistaken, the free map this month (Giants Shadow) is in winter with snow.
    I really want a nighttime map :)
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

But man, you have a hero in your family who gave his life for his principles. You should definitely go pay your respects.

Thanks. And absolutely no offence taken, quite the opposite. I think anything that brings back memories of those times and raises awareness of what people went through, even if it's just a map in a WW1 game, is a tribute to those men. On the certificate informing the family of his death it said 'let his name not be forgotten'. Not forgotten at all Arthur Turner.

• GrinddalDDG

Thanks. And absolutely no offence taken, quite the opposite. I think anything that brings back memories of those times and raises awareness of what people went through, even if it's just a map in a WW1 game, is a tribute to those men. On the certificate informing the family of his death it said 'let his name not be forgotten'. Not forgotten at all Arthur Turner.

Well said, and indeed!

Ill drink to that and the memory of your Great grandfather Arthur Turner.