People asking for a realistic game

2»

Comments

• KBK_Nightmare
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JuveOG1105 wrote: »
    Stop for the most part. A super realistic game would be no fun the parachutes not being in the game I agree with but realistic bullet damage would not be fun. Literally every gun would basically be a ohk. That would not be fun at all. Regards to carrying lmgs why not like many have already said nobody had a problem in BF3-4 why is this an issue now? I like many others want an authentic game where I can apply simple realistic tactics.

ohk? excuse me i can still roll in pain!
  • CaptainHawsehole
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao that guy was quick. I'm also really excited to see more hand to hand combat weapons.
    Imagine what he can do with a bayonet then. XD

• JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lmao that guy was quick. I'm also really excited to see more hand to hand combat weapons.
    Imagine what he can do with a bayonet then. XD

Hahahaha you ever seen deadliest warrior? I remember seeing a Navy Seal go ham on a dummy.
  • JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Stop for the most part. A super realistic game would be no fun the parachutes not being in the game I agree with but realistic bullet damage would not be fun. Literally every gun would basically be a ohk. That would not be fun at all. Regards to carrying lmgs why not like many have already said nobody had a problem in BF3-4 why is this an issue now? I like many others want an authentic game where I can apply simple realistic tactics.

ohk? excuse me i can still roll in pain!

Hahaha you have to wait 2-3 minutes to bleed out and spawn.
  • JuveOG1105
    Stil3r wrote: »
    I hope there is a hardcore mode with realistic weapon damage for those of us who want it.

At least for bolt actions, because if you make the damage model like 3/4 , where you have the bolt actions take as many as the smg's/mg's you are GREATLY making the weapons geared toward those.

Bolt actions should be one-hit to the head/chest, two-hit to the other areas or disable them.

Some of us like games like Red Orchestra because of it's realistic damage model.

I've always wanted red Orchestra but in BF there's no class restrictions so everyone snipes. If class restrictions where implemented I'd probably play hc more often. I agree 2 shots to the body should be fine.
  • jackcel477
    3 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline Member
    how will you carry this?
    with your horse?
    maxim-mg08.jpg

your character in the game won't be able to carry all machine guns like the water cooled ones you showed, but there were some early handheld machine guns in ww1
  • WaffleSilo350
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I think people want "authentic" not "realistic." Weapons, gear, and vehicles should feel and look authentic, but the gameplay should not try to replicate the realities of WWI. I'm sure it'll be similar to BF 1942, where things look, sound, and respond in a realistic way, but the levels and gameplay are clearly constructed to be fun, not realistic.
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think people want "authentic" not "realistic." Weapons, gear, and vehicles should feel and look authentic, but the gameplay should not try to replicate the realities of WWI. I'm sure it'll be similar to BF 1942, where things look, sound, and respond in a realistic way, but the levels and gameplay are clearly constructed to be fun, not realistic.

Yep.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016

Agree
    Might I add immersion and atmosphere
    For example some people found a grenade indicator ruining 'immersion'
    The doritos above heads might mess with people's immersion
    In bfbc2 Vietnam doritos had slightly different dorito colors than Vanillagame's...So it matched the 'atmosphere' more from 'Nam.

For me personly this is why I can b#%!ch about the choice in trailermusic and movieediting.
    Some people liked the colour scheme in brothers in arm series and found them 'realistic'
    I found them horrendous because in my mind a ww2 game 'should' look like old color picture from ww2.
    So I found sepia Colored pictures 'more realistic' than as how it actually looked! How weird is the mind.

So I think there is still a lot of ground to win to make games more immersive...
    Immersion 2.0...

• WaffleSilo350
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Not having a grenade indicator is annoying, but so too is having an indicator. It'd be great if we could have something that's a little less immersion-breaking. Like an audio cue and a motion blur indicator. So instead of seeing the little indicator, your guy yells "grenade" and the corner of your screen warps slightly so players can learn to react without seeing a tiny little grenade icon spinning around their reticle.