Which magnification makes lens glint?

OPlz_Dont_ShootO
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Which magnification makes lens glint?

4.0 higer?

Comments

• Serkaii
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think any Sniper class rifle with a scope, but I could be wrong as I play that class the least. I don't believe any other class gives scope glint. Someone may correct me though.
  • N_FURY_21
    331 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I call it lens flare. im pretty sure that any sniper with a scope has lens flare. everytime i see another person down my scope they try and move away which seems evident
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Serkaii wrote: »
    I think any Sniper class rifle with a scope, but I could be wrong as I play that class the least. I don't believe any other class gives scope glint. Someone may correct me though.

I believe this is correct, anything with "sniper" prefix or suffix. Marksman don't glint.
  • 88LurioL88
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scout scopes is the only guns that makes the lens glimt when you are zoomed in
  • Josuphhh
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I read so many different awnsers everywhere.
    Does the marksman variant glint or not? Or do only the snipers glint?
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Josuphhh wrote: »

Marksman do not glint. Up to and including 4.0 magnification (maximum on a Marksman rifle )does not glint.

5.0 and above (minimum on a sniper rifle) does glint.

I believe this is correct.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Only rifles with the "Sniper" variant have scope glint. Rifles with the "Marksman" variant do not have any scope glint.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    N_FURY_21 wrote: »
    I call it lens flare. im pretty sure that any sniper with a scope has lens flare. everytime i see another person down my scope they try and move away which seems evident

That's NOT lens flare. Google it.

Lens flare is what you see on screen in movies as glare on the camera lens. JJ Abrams LOVES it and even digitally adds it.

What we see in BF1 is called "scope glint".
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Only rifles with the "Sniper" variant have scope glint. Rifles with the "Marksman" variant do not have any scope glint.

Sorry but that is not correct. The game does call the same scope Sniper for one gun, Marksman for another.
    The scope glint is present for ALL high magnification scopes (above 4x) but not present for the medium scopes (up to 4x).
    Just like it was in BF4.
  • Josuphhh
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

Sorry but that is not correct. The game does call the same scope Sniper for one gun, Marksman for another.
    The scope glint is present for ALL high magnification scopes (above 4x) but not present for the medium scopes (up to 4x).
    Just like it was in BF4.

So since all marksman variants only go to 4x it is correct?
  • XCONZ1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    They have sniper scopes under 5x people
  • BaronVonGoon
    6245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When I was a noob in BF4 I didn't know it was glint. For the longest time i thought all snipers are idiots for equipping the flashlight on their sniper rifles.
  • Jedi76
    edited November 2016

Just like it was in BF4.

But that is correct, that's what Josuphhh said, just in a different way.
  • gamingwithlofty
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When I was a noob in BF4 I didn't know it was glint. For the longest time i thought all snipers are idiots for equipping the flashlight on their sniper rifles.

Absolutly love this :D made my morning thanks x
  • fatloser100
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I LOLED
    does the carbine lense optic on smle mk3 cause glint ???
  • lessthanjake123
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Just like it was in BF4.

So since all marksman variants only go to 4x it is correct?

I believe the Mondragon Sniper is the reason it is wrong to say that all "sniper" variants have glint. I do not think it has glint.
  • Akuzuma
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I LOLED
    does the carbine lense optic on smle mk3 cause glint ???
    Jedi76 wrote: »

Marksman do not glint. Up to and including 4.0 magnification (maximum on a Marksman rifle )does not glint.

5.0 and above (minimum on a sniper rifle) does glint.

I believe this is correct.

• sawyermblack
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    N_FURY_21 wrote: »

That's NOT lens flare. Google it.

Lens flare is what you see on screen in movies as glare on the camera lens. JJ Abrams LOVES it and even digitally adds it.

What we see in BF1 is called "scope glint".

Lol. Some people are like this. SMH
  • FuocoSerpente
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of what it's called, I was just wondering if my Support class with a 3x Scope was giving off a shine when I zoom. Nice to know it doesn't. Thanks for this conversation
  • Worst_Rookie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think only sniper class weapon with scope will reflect ray, but i wonder how about sniper class weapon with optic?

I used gewehr 95 infantry and i can hide and sniping for long time before found out