Hero pickup??? Please NO.

KakeHC
1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Doing this will hurt more than give. The thing is a joke I keep hearing about it and it gets me on my toes. Kinda like the news of a new bf game on 2017?

Trailer got me hyped but a lot of things after that have made me stand down.

Comments

• zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I heard the news about Battlefront 2 in 2017. I've never played BFront so I can't really comment but I don't think a hero pick up is something that fit in a more realistic theme like WW1. I don't think it's something I want in the game.
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Hell No. Leave that nonsense in non serious games like battlefront.
    Battlefront was casual like the other battlefront games were designed to be. The whole feel was similar to the older games. It's nothing like Battlefield.
    People can start leaving SWBF out of their arguments for Battlefield games.
    They're not the same franchise.
    The only similarities are: 1. war, 2. DICE, 3. Frostbite 3
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Hell No. Leave that nonsense in non serious games like battlefront.
    Battlefront was casual like the other battlefront games were designed to be. The whole feel was similar to the older games. It's nothing like Battlefield.
    People can start leaving SWBF out of their arguments for Battlefield games.
    They're not the same franchise.
    The only similarities are: 1. war, 2. DICE, 3. Frostbite 3

I will be pissed if I find out I can get Lawrence of Arabia or Enver Pasha hero pickups. Leave that campy crap in games like Star Wars where they belong.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This is the one thing i've heard about the game that really puts me off
  • DannyTanner17
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Battlefront-style hero pickups could be a deal breaker. Weapon pickups are OK though
  • redzuluzulu0096
    Battlefront-style hero pickups WOULD be a deal breaker. Weapon pickups are OK though

FIXED
  • doctorrocktor
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there is no hero pickups where are people getting this false imformation from
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I'm in favor of Hero powerups ONLY if the locations are randomized on the map.

There was lots of Hero powerup camping going on in SWBF.
  • m1k3ol
    861 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Isn't that what weapon pickups are right now? (Battle Pickups)

It's not like those are bad weapons or something...
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Yes, that's right. But I'd also like to see weapon powerups randomly located on the map as well.
  • doctorrocktor
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    weapon pick ups are fine,i think the rumour about hero pick ups started cos of the clip in the trailer where you see a guy in armour,they did try out armour in ww1.
  • Lordmang4
    edited May 2016
    I think the concept of heroes in BF1 would be kind of cool.

Imagine playing as the Red Baron or his Allies counterpart!

Or General John Pershing and his Axis counterpart!
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KakeHC wrote: »
    Doing this will hurt more than give. The thing is a joke I keep hearing about it and it gets me on my toes. Kinda like the news of a new bf game on 2017?

Trailer got me hyped but a lot of things after that have made me stand down.

Agreed. But, the 12 year old ADD players want stuff like that. So you will see it, most likely. If they aren't careful they will be losing interest. It' almost seems the more they reveal things, the more it doesn't appear to be what tons of people thought it was going to be.
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

When idiot youtubers and others who don't know anything say things. It really gets you spooked.
  • Ruski_Drunk
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree - please, please, please NO HERO stuff!
  • KakeHC
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    Isn't that what weapon pickups are right now? (Battle Pickups)

It's not like those are bad weapons or something...

Weapon pick ups will be OK no problem. Just please no some Darth Vader guys.
  • Lordmang4
    afnav130 wrote: »
    Agreed. But, the 12 year old ADD players want stuff like that. So you will see it, most likely. If they aren't careful they will be losing interest. It' almost seems the more they reveal things, the more it doesn't appear to be what tons of people thought it was going to be.

I'm neither 12 y.o. nor have ADD. But I can tell you that I'm interested in games having things like that.

I think more gamers than you realize are also interested in things like that as well.

• doctorrocktor

When idiot youtubers and others who don't know anything say things. It really gets you spooked.

a different team made swbf,do you really think they will do that after the hate they got.i have spoken to people who had behind closed doors invites at the event not one said they saw hero pick ups,i think we may get weapon pick ups but no different to what we have now in bf4.i just cannot see dice doing this.
  • KakeHC
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

I'm neither 12 y.o. nor have ADD. But I can tell you that I'm interested in games having things like that.

I think more gamers than you realize are also interested in things like that as well.

Go play Battlefront then :D Don't try to make them bring that cancer into battlefield.
  • Lordmang4
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

Go play Battlefront then :D Don't try to make them bring that cancer into battlefield.

I do play SWBF.

And I'll also play BF1 (which is also bound to have those same gameplay elements) as well.
This discussion has been closed.