Hero pickup??? Please NO.

Comments

• Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No please or not in the same style as Battlefront and not as strong as heros in battlefront
  • TonkTooStronk
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How would hero pick-ups even work in a game like Battlefield? They do not belong, it's that simple. :/
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battlefront-style hero pickups could be a deal breaker. Weapon pickups are OK though

honestly, is there a difference?

pickups are stupid either way in a class based game.
    Hell No. Leave that nonsense in non serious games like battlefront.
    Battlefront was casual like the other battlefront games were designed to be. The whole feel was similar to the older games. It's nothing like Battlefield.
    People can start leaving SWBF out of their arguments for Battlefield games.
    They're not the same franchise.
    The only similarities are: 1. war, 2. DICE, 3. Frostbite 3
    Battlefield has been a casual game for casuals since its inception.

If you think a game series where Jihad Jeeping is considered a legitimate tactic is in any way serious, you need to play other games.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I think BF has become even more casual of a game since its inception than some gamers would care to admit (or even believe).

I think powerups (hero, weapons) are certainly fine for BF1 from that perspective.

Powerups worked great for SWBF. I think they will for BF1 as well.

Imagine picking up the powerup for General Jack Pershing (Allies) or the Red Baron (Axis). That'd be a lot of fun.
  • TonkTooStronk
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Problem is these are two completely different games / series and do not / will not play the same way. Battlefield does not benefit from pick-ups. In fact, they distract players from what's really happening ingame. Everyone will want to be the guy armoured machine guy or the flame thrower guy and refuse to play the actual game until they can be this dumb hero. You said it yourself, Battlefront has players camping the heros just to be the hero and not actually playing the game otherwise.
  • fr3d182
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hero ? we saw only two things in the trailer,the flame thrower and the armor guy,pick up that's all,flame thrower a little bit op,when it's empty throw it on the ground,the armour guy get a little bit of health that last a little bit longer,that all,armors wasn't even effective in battle.

Nothing to see there.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Problem is these are two completely different games / series and do not / will not play the same way. Battlefield does not benefit from pick-ups. In fact, they distract players from what's really happening ingame. Everyone will want to be the guy armoured machine guy or the flame thrower guy and refuse to play the actual game until they can be this dumb hero. You said it yourself, Battlefront has players camping the heros just to be the hero and not actually playing the game otherwise.

That's why the powerups must be placed in random locations. Otherwise, it turns into a campfest for powerups.
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    Battlefront-style hero pickups could be a deal breaker. Weapon pickups are OK though

Battlefront was casual like the other battlefront games were designed to be. The whole feel was similar to the older games. It's nothing like Battlefield.

If you think a game series where Jihad Jeeping is considered a legitimate tactic is in any way serious, you need to play other games.

jihad jeeping, etc is a tactic in real life. Ever heard of the middle east? lol

Anyhow, I know BF is more casual than Arma, but it's nowhere near as casual as CoD or Battlefront.
    I just meant I don't want it becoming any more casual than it has become.

It's good where it is now (although I'd like to see normal replaced with classic)
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i just disagree , no hero's in battlefield, starwars it makes sense, but no hero pickup battlefield please.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Anyhow, I know BF is more casual than Arma, but it's nowhere near as casual as CoD or Battlefront.

It's good where it is now (although I'd like to see normal replaced with classic)

Jihad jeeping functions differently in real life where there are no respawns, and none of those guys roll out of the moving car like Arnold Schwarzenneger and detonate their c4 with a remote.

BF is just as casual as CoD. deal with it. its hyper casual. you revive people with defibrilators. I mean, come on, that's just objectively stupid.
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the concept of heroes in BF1 would be kind of cool.

Imagine playing as the Red Baron or his Allies counterpart!

Or General John Pershing and his Axis counterpart!

If it turns out to be the case, I will cancel my pre-order.

The only thing worse than seeing people running across No Mans Land with dumb looking customizations (purple hair, pig masks, Bright purple uniforms with gold tiger stripes) would be seeing Winston Churchill charging up a hill carrying a Tommy Gun....

Hero pick-ups would be a complete disaster.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Jihad jeeping functions differently in real life where there are no respawns, and none of those guys roll out of the moving car like Arnold Schwarzenneger and detonate their c4 with a remote.

BF is just as casual as CoD. deal with it. its hyper casual. you revive people with defibrilators. I mean, come on, that's just objectively stupid.

no, but they had them none the less they just didn't survive, tons of car bombings some were driven others were placed, bf is casual yes ,but not as casual as cod, no way, that's just to funny.
  • Lordmang4
    As someone who's played BF and COD quite a bit, I can tell you that they're both casual games. The difference in their casualness isn't as great as you'd like to think it is.
  • BoogieMan-1978
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I personally would rather not see "Hero" pickups in BF1.

That being said, it seems that most of the complaints regarding the Hero Pickups in SWBF and how they would affect BF1 stem from their location being camped, distraction from in game objectives etc.

The problem with these arguments is that those are complaints about the players, not the pick ups themselves. There will always be cheaters, not to mention people who simply choose to play the game in a different way then you might play it. Camp Sniping for example.

It would simply be impossible to create a game that has zero possible exploits and at the same time would make every player everywhere happy.

We simply have to hope that the good parts of the game out weigh the bad. Luckily we will get a free open beta to try the game out and make an informed choice. Or we could continue to debate what may or may not be in the game based on someones opinion of what they think they saw in the trailer.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    As someone who's played BF and COD quite a bit, I can tell you that they're both casual games. The difference in their casualness isn't as great as you'd like to think it is.

i have played both, even competitively, and cod will always has been more casual, counting past games not future, to say otherwise is really generalizing to the point of ignoring ton of mechanics not found in cod.
  • ShadowBeast005
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    there is no hero pickups where are people getting this false imformation from
    How do you know ? The flamethrower could be a battle pickup but the guy in iron sniper Armour clearly calls out hero pickup to me
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    CoD's way more casual than BF. Most of my FPS buddies won't play BF for five minutes without complaining about big maps, vehicles and recoil.
    Ever see a CoD n00b's 1st round in BF? 2-24 anyone?
    The learning curve and game modes in general aren't nearly as easy peasy casual as CoD.

I don't really give a flying rat's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ though. I play games for fun.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    CoD's way more casual than BF. Most of my FPS buddies won't play BF for five minutes without complaining about big maps, vehicles and recoil.
    Ever see a CoD n00b's 1st round in BF? 2-24 anyone?
    The learning curve and game modes in general aren't nearly as easy peasy casual as CoD.

I don't really give a flying rat's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ though. I play games for fun.

not to mention , good old fashioned bullet drop, where as cod has none.
  • Lordmang4

i have played both, even competitively, and cod will always has been more casual, counting past games not future, to say otherwise is really generalizing to the point of ignoring ton of mechanics not found in cod.

And yet COD has a comp scene. Where's BF4's?
  • Lordmang4
    I personally would rather not see "Hero" pickups in BF1.

That being said, it seems that most of the complaints regarding the Hero Pickups in SWBF and how they would affect BF1 stem from their location being camped, distraction from in game objectives etc.

The problem with these arguments is that those are complaints about the players, not the pick ups themselves. There will always be cheaters, not to mention people who simply choose to play the game in a different way then you might play it. Camp Sniping for example.

It would simply be impossible to create a game that has zero possible exploits and at the same time would make every player everywhere happy.

We simply have to hope that the good parts of the game out weigh the bad. Luckily we will get a free open beta to try the game out and make an informed choice. Or we could continue to debate what may or may not be in the game based on someones opinion of what they think they saw in the trailer.

Gamers like the powerups (hero, weapons) in SWBF. What most don't like (myself included) is the fixed locations of these powerups.

This leads to some gamers ignoring everything going on (objectives, etc.) at the expense of acquiring a specific powerup.

Randomize the powerup locations and you eliminate the biggest complaint about powerups.
This discussion has been closed.