Hero pickup??? Please NO.

13»

Comments

• NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    As someone who's played BF and COD quite a bit, I can tell you that they're both casual games. The difference in their casualness isn't as great as you'd like to think it is.

i have played both, even competitively, and cod will always has been more casual, counting past games not future, to say otherwise is really generalizing to the point of ignoring ton of mechanics not found in cod.

And yet COD has a comp scene. Where's BF4's?

CoD has a competitive scene specifically because it is more casual. Casual games are getting much more lime-light in e-sports because they can support a large audience. The more hardcore games struggle to get a large playerbase for an e-sports audience. The MOBA craze is another example of super dumbed down games getting "competitive" spotlight that they don't deserve.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016
    How would hero pick-ups even work in a game like Battlefield? They do not belong, it's that simple. :/
    Well you see, you spawn into the correct plane and suddenly your average pilot morphs his atoms around to become the Red Baron
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think the concept of heroes in BF1 would be kind of cool.

Imagine playing as the Red Baron or his Allies counterpart!

Or General John Pershing and his Axis counterpart!

If it turns out to be the case, I will cancel my pre-order.

The only thing worse than seeing people running across No Mans Land with dumb looking customizations (purple hair, pig masks, Bright purple uniforms with gold tiger stripes) would be seeing Winston Churchill charging up a hill carrying a Tommy Gun....

Hero pick-ups would be a complete disaster.

What I think is funny is the real gamers are starting to overtake the opinions of the 12 year olds here and online. I've chatted at length with randos online past couple days and near to a man they are displeased with the stuff that's being slowly brought to light or discussed here.

Yet they continue to try to pollute what could be an outstanding near MIL-SIM quality game with stupid hypothetical and fantasy elements. Maybe DICE should read this forum and talk to actual players online. Maybe they'd rethink some of their ideas.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wondwr if Poolshark can answer this
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    CoD's way more casual than BF. Most of my FPS buddies won't play BF for five minutes without complaining about big maps, vehicles and recoil.
    Ever see a CoD n00b's 1st round in BF? 2-24 anyone?
    The learning curve and game modes in general aren't nearly as easy peasy casual as CoD.

I don't really give a flying rat's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ though. I play games for fun.

i've also seen plenty of CoD players come through and wreck and seen tons of BF players flounder in CoD. that's not a function of either game's complexity or casual nature, its a fucntion of differing game mechanics that need adjusting to. tons of CS players (and objectively less casual game) struggle transitioning to BF or Cod simply because the mechanics are unfamiliar.
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    afnav130 wrote: »

Yet they continue to try to pollute what could be an outstanding near MIL-SIM quality game with stupid hypothetical and fantasy elements. Maybe DICE should read this forum and talk to actual players online. Maybe they'd rethink some of their ideas.

I say this without fear of a ban.

You are delusional, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, self important, and 100% wrong. you literally have the worst opinion possible in regards to BF. You'll never get what you want because you're an idiot.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    As someone who's played BF and COD quite a bit, I can tell you that they're both casual games. The difference in their casualness isn't as great as you'd like to think it is.

i have played both, even competitively, and cod will always has been more casual, counting past games not future, to say otherwise is really generalizing to the point of ignoring ton of mechanics not found in cod.

And yet COD has a comp scene. Where's BF4's?

CoD has a competitive scene specifically because it is more casual. Casual games are getting much more lime-light in e-sports because they can support a large audience. The more hardcore games struggle to get a large playerbase for an e-sports audience. The MOBA craze is another example of super dumbed down games getting "competitive" spotlight that they don't deserve.

COD has a comp scene because its teams are small enough (6v6) where gamers' skill matters.

BF1 can do the same (small team sizes).

Why? Because both games are equally casual.
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sir-xer21 wrote: »
    afnav130 wrote: »

I say this without fear of a ban.

You are delusional, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, self important, and 100% wrong. you literally have the worst opinion possible in regards to BF. You'll never get what you want because you're an idiot.

Lol. Tell me how you really feel my epitome of a 12 year old with ADD. Struck a nerve I see. Hmm. Look at the majority of responses to threads such as these. They are pretty much in agreement with where I sit and not you.

What does that tell you?

• ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    This thread is done.

Afnav, if you continue to post that same thing over and over again I am just going to remove you from the forum, it is becoming irritating and spammy
This discussion has been closed.