DICE and EA, it is time to start answering these questions.

CrimeSceneKitty
712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
This lack of info we are getting from DICE and EA is starting to worry a lot of people, we had our freedom yanked out from under us and now we are basically in a media blackout when it comes to our questions. Braddock has this master list of questions that have yet to receive any official answers.

We are not asking for the moon here, we are asking for 1 day of the Rent A Server team to sit down and answer these questions with the community. 169 official questions and sure we could start to put the tiny bits and pieces together form what little official info we know.

We are worried here, and a lot of us are starting to distrust this whole EA controlled rental server system, simply because we have no info on how it will work.

Comments

• kruh-BF2142
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    they rushed it, all of these thing should have been available from the start
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2016
    i wonder if this game would be sold on steam, would Valve issue the refund directive? :)
    my country doesnt have any MS nor i3d datacenter for servers but i live in the central Europe. I cant even imagine what our African mates are goin trough. Playing with constant 150ms ping? thats like ...like playing with 30 fps. - and check how Mafia 3 corrected this blasphemy righ after release, the game itself is still **** but, you see the point.
    EA/DICE got so full of themselves, they turned away from the comunities, those comunities that were buying theyr games since the first battlefield. You should really reconsider some of your decisions, DICE, it could bite you back on your next game.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    they rushed it, all of these thing should have been available from the start

NO all these questions should have been answered 30 to 60 days before start.
  • ENRAGEDDIABLO
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They got our money and like the govt. & every other company they don't care if they respond to their customers. Braddock isn't the only employee and there has to be other people who could help. This just goes to show that there is no concern for the customer and why they didn't announce what the game would have when released. It's sad to see that our country and our business practices have become such sorry things. Give as little as possible and charge as much as possible. "Oh but wait, if we don't give them everything at release we can announce the stuff they should have as upcoming and exciting changes! Then let's not answer one question posted in the forums so our customers hate us even more!" Really bad idea and absolutely the worst business practices. Horrible EA Dice, horrible.
  • CrimeSceneKitty
    712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @ENRAGEDDIABLO

Having our money means nothing to them if we don't rent servers from them.
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Donald Trump will fix all these problems :expressionless:
  • SmokeGhost
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    kL-SnAjP wrote: »
    i wonder if this game would be sold on steam, would Valve issue the refund directive? :)
    my country doesnt have any MS nor i3d datacenter for servers but i live in the central Europe. I cant even imagine what our African mates are goin trough. Playing with constant 150ms ping? thats like ...like playing with 30 fps. - and check how Mafia 3 corrected this blasphemy righ after release, the game itself is still **** but, you see the point.
    EA/DICE got so full of themselves, they turned away from the comunities, those comunities that were buying theyr games since the first battlefield. You should really reconsider some of your decisions, DICE, it could bite you back on your next game.

The sad thing is we do have i3d data centers here in South Africa but they say they have not heard anything from EA or Dice concerning the servers. I do appreciate your concern as I know a bunch of other South Africans do as well.

An yes this total radio silence is a bit more than disconcerting, I interpret silence as they want to hide something. As in something that would hurt potential future sales. I hope I am wrong.
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly I had hope with this whole rental server situation but as of right now (around 100hours played since trail before launch) I have pretty much given up on this Game and EA. The only information we have been given was very very little at best. Even GSP allow you to do everything EA has said that they are going to do and a hell of alot more because of they allow the use of 3rd party plug-in's and procon. As it stands right now I'l go back to re-install BF4 and get the server I was admin of up and running again since my GSP still haven't closed it and not charged for it since it was cancelled it.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Other developers respond in a timely manor. Blizzard is probably one of the best. EA/DICE really needs a representative on the forums who can respond to concerns/questions
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LOL

I started asking these questions back in June on the 1st. Before the launch I said you get what you pay for and everyone will be crying after launch for not listening.

Sorry to laugh at all of you. You were all told what you were getting into. LOL

It will take 6 months to a year to get this game completed enough to make it enjoyable. LOL
  • Zetsumai258i
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    They are already making the next Battlefield so they don't care. I just won't buy the game and neither will any of my friends until questions are answered. Simple.
  • CrimeSceneKitty
    They are already making the next Battlefield so they don't care. I just won't buy the game and neither will any of my friends until questions are answered. Simple.

You dont understand this, you think that we are talking about not playing their game. But we are talking about not renting servers from EA, They banned the use of 3rd party servers, so the only rental servers we can get are from EA.

If we do not rent said servers due to no info or just because EA **** them up that bad, then EA will be hurt hard. In the past 3rd party server hosting places had to pay EA for each server they had. This gave EA a steady income to help fund the game, but now that is out of the loop and EA has **** up.

And no DICE is not working on the next game, they are working on the DLC. They it is too early for DICE to have moved on, maybe the concept artists are working on the new idea, but less than 1% of the entire team has moved on.
  • SgtWhiskyPaul
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe its time we all ask for a refund. . . . And start a class action lawsuit...
  • Zloteusz
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You dont understand this, you think that we are talking about not playing their game. But we are talking about not renting servers from EA, They banned the use of 3rd party servers, so the only rental servers we can get are from EA.

If we do not rent said servers due to no info or just because EA **** them up that bad, then EA will be hurt hard. In the past 3rd party server hosting places had to pay EA for each server they had. This gave EA a steady income to help fund the game, but now that is out of the loop and EA has **** up.

And no DICE is not working on the next game, they are working on the DLC. They it is too early for DICE to have moved on, maybe the concept artists are working on the new idea, but less than 1% of the entire team has moved on.

SW: Battlefront 2 is going to roll out in 2017.
    DICE L.A> is working on DLC of BF1.
  • MidgetForce
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it too late for a refund? I cant play with such atrocious ping