Why battlefield would never work as an eSport

13»

Comments

• lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016

He literally says nothing positive or negative about CoD - you should read instead of being a ****.

I just can't
  • DXMIMZY
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ik this thread is about 2 years old, but just to update you all...the leading Battlefield Competitive Community, the HARDCORE LEAGUE, is now getting support from EA and DICE with plenty of Viewers, Teams, and Coverage to obtain the vision of 32 Player Counted Teams to become a new Esport Platform that can compete just as well against COD, CS GO, League of Legends, and so on. You know why a game can never make it to certain levels of Competitive game play? Its because it doesn't get community support. I don't think the question is, "Will it ever become an Esport game?" The real question with communities today is, "Do we WANT it to become an Esport Game?" And in my opinion, most of the people who doubt it to ever get to such a platform, are mostly filled with people who don't want it that way in the first place and deny to support the cause. Hints why this entire forum is feeled with all the negative ideas that Battlefield could never become an Esport Franchise. If you want it to have a scene, then join the cause. Esports isn't about "HOW" it becomes big. Its about 'WHO' gets it to become big, and it all starts with the community either wanting it, or hating it. No matter if we think it could ever become one, there are games I don't understand how could have ever made it to the Esport scene for how dumb and unattractive it truly is. There are Esports for MOBILE games for crying out loud! And this entire thread speaks about how dumb it would be for Battlefield to have an Esport Scene? Its on the Road to Esports as we speak, so the only thing left for players to do is either join in as a competitive player and join a Team, or just sit and watch....Or not watch at all. It all comes down to supporting it.
  • Titan_Awaken
    307 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DXMIMZY wrote: »
    Ik this thread is about 2 years old, but just to update you all...the leading Battlefield Competitive Community, the HARDCORE LEAGUE, is now getting support from EA and DICE with plenty of Viewers, Teams, and Coverage to obtain the vision of 32 Player Counted Teams to become a new Esport Platform that can compete just as well against COD, CS GO, League of Legends, and so on. You know why a game can never make it to certain levels of Competitive game play? Its because it doesn't get community support. I don't think the question is, "Will it ever become an Esport game?" The real question with communities today is, "Do we WANT it to become an Esport Game?" And in my opinion, most of the people who doubt it to ever get to such a platform, are mostly filled with people who don't want it that way in the first place and deny to support the cause. Hints why this entire forum is feeled with all the negative ideas that Battlefield could never become an Esport Franchise. If you want it to have a scene, then join the cause. Esports isn't about "HOW" it becomes big. Its about 'WHO' gets it to become big, and it all starts with the community either wanting it, or hating it. No matter if we think it could ever become one, there are games I don't understand how could have ever made it to the Esport scene for how dumb and unattractive it truly is. There are Esports for MOBILE games for crying out loud! And this entire thread speaks about how dumb it would be for Battlefield to have an Esport Scene? Its on the Road to Esports as we speak, so the only thing left for players to do is either join in as a competitive player and join a Team, or just sit and watch....Or not watch at all. It all comes down to supporting it.

I agree, a competitive ESports scene could never develop without both developer and community support.

You know what else developers and the community don't support? Necroing 2 year old threads and ranting.

At this point you're literally just talking to yourself. I'm willing to bet that most of the contributors to this thread have been long gone and have moved on.