Vehicle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ push up

dgeesio
73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
every game there is a vehicle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. you know who i mean has to grab tank everytime has to grab blimp which could be okay , if ! they pushed for objective and didnt sit on edge of map farming kills for KD ratio !

if you have a vehicle like a tank push up ! the infantry wants you to move in some they can to capture the objective.by sitting back the infantry sit back because they have no back up.

it does make me wonder if battlefield would be better with either no kd ratio shown and only the win as the objective or loss. or no vehicles at all and just infantry.

Comments

• MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It helps if infantry are willing to rep my tank, then I will willing cap. I cap anyway, but I can't do it so fast because I first need to clear enemies for my teammates to help cap the flag so I don't get killed. If I had a repairman then I would instnantly cap.
  • R3volve
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its unfortunate that BF1 has so many less vehicles than previous titles. It makes them so much more important to winning the match. One idiot that decides to take a tank or plan can easily cost their team the match.

I am curious to see what happens on custom servers when they can jack around with the settings and ser vehicle spawns as high as they want.

Suez exemplifies the dummy in vehicle effect... I almost always get in the tank, and it almost always causes a win for my team... but when i dont, and some moron takes it, we just get steamrolled.
  • Truffleshuffle03
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It helps if infantry are willing to rep my tank, then I will willing cap. I cap anyway, but I can't do it so fast because I first need to clear enemies for my teammates to help cap the flag so I don't get killed. If I had a repairman then I would instnantly cap.

In the last few days I have been doing tanking and just got off my best game where I went 55-2 and 52-0 before my first death. I had the most defends and was pretty high up on the cappings as well. I hate seeing guys get in tanks and drive past objectives without helping or sitting out in the middle of nowhere farming kills. You can do just as good taking objectives!
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

In the last few days I have been doing tanking and just got off my best game where I went 55-2 and 52-0 before my first death. I had the most defends and was pretty high up on the cappings as well. I hate seeing guys get in tanks and drive past objectives without helping or sitting out in the middle of nowhere farming kills. You can do just as good taking objectives!

Exactly. I am usually the one always on the flag for operations. First you clear the flag, then you cap it!
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, two problems. Support players are selfish and do not rep. And the splash damage is so insane that you can miss by twenty feet and get kills.
  • Truffleshuffle03
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Exactly. I am usually the one always on the flag for operations. First you clear the flag, then you cap it!

lol i try and clear the flag while on it.
  • JOHN_R_LEGIT
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I do this with the sidecar motorcycle and have the most kills with it in the world.
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR

lol i try and clear the flag while on it.

Proud of you!!! You give us tankers a good name!!
  • marsh1979
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was one game on Amiens, we were getting steamrolled, behemoth becomes available, and I never usually jump in these but thought 'why not' on this occasion. I got the back turret. Driver didn't even move the train once, just sat there spamming kills rather than trying to cap objectives which is the point of the behemoths! K/D means far too much to some people!
  • Truffleshuffle03
    marsh1979 wrote: »
    There was one game on Amiens, we were getting steamrolled, behemoth becomes available, and I never usually jump in these but thought 'why not' on this occasion. I got the back turret. Driver didn't even move the train once, just sat there spamming kills rather than trying to cap objectives which is the point of the behemoths! K/D means far too much to some people!

yep I totally agree last night I spawned into a tank and was the only person besides a handful of guys to actually cap and hold flags and we turned the game around and brought it with in really close to winning . we ended up taking 4 flags and holding them but once I got taken out we lost every flag and the round. I am not saying I was the reason we ended up close to winning but when people can actually play objectives you can keep it pretty close.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dgeesio wrote: »
    every game there is a vehicle ****. you know who i mean has to grab tank everytime has to grab blimp which could be okay , if ! they pushed for objective and didnt sit on edge of map farming kills for KD ratio !
    Why is it been made so easy for tanks to farm kills from far away? The splash from tankshells, the LMG accuracy all allow it. Its highly detrimental to gameplay and balance.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    Yeah, two problems. Support players are selfish and do not rep. And the splash damage is so insane that you can miss by twenty feet and get kills.

Repair tool doesn't come as standard.

Ammo box is a must so it's usually a choice between limpet mines/mortar/repair tool.

And these days with self repair/quick repair tanks can be self sufficient.

Besides, all the times I HAVE repaired the tank usually just keeps driving off despite being on low health, often leaving me exposed to the enemy:/
  • doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    marsh1979 wrote: »

Had this also do they know you cap flags with the train,just greedy kd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Truffleshuffle03
    every game there is a vehicle ****. you know who i mean has to grab tank everytime has to grab blimp which could be okay , if ! they pushed for objective and didnt sit on edge of map farming kills for KD ratio !
    Why is it been made so easy for tanks to farm kills from far away? The splash from tankshells, the LMG accuracy all allow it. Its highly detrimental to gameplay and balance.

not sure what you mean but there is practically no splash damage with tank shells. I have on more times than i can count point blanked a dude right in front of me and got only hit markers.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just played a game with some very high rank players and they basically just tried to spawn camp (Operations) the entire time and didn't take any objectives. Went 109-8 or something, but hardly had any more points than people with half of that. And the guy is a terrible player.

Rank 99 in the game as well, and when he got the tank he at least tried to push the objective a little. But he's a total tank ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and probably not very good either.

Need to rebalance to end this boosting.
  • incapslap

not sure what you mean but there is practically no splash damage with tank shells. I have on more times than i can count point blanked a dude right in front of me and got only hit markers.

On certain tanks like the Breakthrough there is hardly any splash. But others have insane splash which can instakill around 20 feet away. There may be a bug actually due to wall splash.
  • dgeesio
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well obviously with the tanks especially open maps are a nightmare for this.maps like scar and desert maps.they sit almost on last sector taken line and just shoot into the enemy.getting kills but not being taken out.balance needs to be applied or reason for vehicle players to concentrate on objectives rather than kd.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When to head into a flag location and when to sit back and ruin untold infantry and vehicles is situational. I've seen far too many tank drivers race for a flag to get overwhelmed and destroyed. You can support your team without racing for the actual objective. Other times, it's absolutely necessary to head in and claim the flag.
  • SCOTTISH21
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah tanks make a big difference normally on certain maps if the other team doesn't work together to destroy it.
  • DAARD3V1L
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    Just played a game with some very high rank players and they basically just tried to spawn camp (Operations) the entire time and didn't take any objectives. Went 109-8 or something, but hardly had any more points than people with half of that. And the guy is a terrible player.

Rank 99 in the game as well, and when he got the tank he at least tried to push the objective a little. But he's a total tank **** and probably not very good either.

Need to rebalance to end this boosting.

If he's not scoring very high then how is he at a high rank.