Classes

X0fireOz
95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
edited May 2016
This is my idea for classes.
Assault-the main soldiers of the war. Equipped with bolt action rifles, maybe some specialty guns. Can use pistols.
Officer(Engineer)-Called officer for the purpose of name only, no command benefit. Use shotguns, lever action rifles, and maybe semi autos. Can use pistols and swords.
Support-Like the name implies. Use LMGs/SMGs (Lewis, Chauchat, MP18, BAR, etc.) Can use pistols.
Sniper-Uses scoped bolt action rifles. Only class that can use scoped weapons. Can use pistols.

There should also be a limit on how many classes per team (a lot of assault, a few officers/snipers, and a medium amount of support)

There should be a buy system where you are "issued" some weapons and have the option to buy weapons with in game money like troops did in the actual war.(Creds to ImBeauski for idea)

Ideas? Thoughts? Comments? Feel free to share

Comments

• ImBeauski
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like it. I imagine the Assault will get the MP18 thought, for the sake of assaulting the trenches.

If I'm recalling the stream right, the four main classes are Assault, Medic, Support, and Scout. I wonder if the support will become more like the engineer of current BFs with an anti-vehicle focus. The trailer showed a soldier with an 1918 Tank Mauser anti-tank rifle, I wounder how that will be implemented. Will it be a primary weapon available for a class, or will it a side piece of a kit like the RPG is for the engineer now?

Will we be seeing trench mortars on a class like the Support have now, or will there just be ones for use on the maps. Gotta drop some mustard gas :P
  • X0fireOz
    edited May 2016
    [quote="ImBeauski;175"]I like it. I imagine the Assault will get the MP18 thought, for the sake of assaulting the trenches.

If I'm recalling the stream right, the four main classes are Assault, Medic, Support, and Scout. I wonder if the support will become more like the engineer of current BFs with an anti-vehicle focus. The trailer showed a soldier with an 1918 Tank Mauser anti-tank rifle, I wounder how that will be implemented. Will it be a primary weapon available for a class, or will it a side piece of a kit like the RPG is for the engineer now?

Will we be seeing trench mortars on a class like the Support have now, or will there just be ones for use on the maps. Gotta drop some mustard gas :P [/quote]

I like the MP18 for the assault. I didn't see the stream so I didn't hear any mention of classes, sorry about that. There needs to be both styles of mortars, lol. I saw the anti tank rifle, but if they use support as the engineer who is going to use the LMGs?
  • ImBeauski
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    > @X0fireOz said:

> I like the MP18 for the assault. I didn't see the stream so I didn't hear any mention of classes, sorry about that. There needs to be both styles of mortars, lol. I saw the anti tank rifle, but if they use support as the engineer who is going to use the LMGs?

That's a good question. I remember back in BF Bad Co. 2 the medics had the LMGs, it might end up with them again, or stay with the support. Depending how Dice does the AT Rifle, support could end up with the LMGs and the AT Rifle as primaries. Which would force players to choose if they want to support their team with suppressive fire of an MG, or support their team by killing tanks. I kind of like the idea of having that trade off, of course I could just be 100% wrong on this too lol.
  • X0fireOz
    [quote="ImBeauski;180"]> @X0fireOz said:

> I like the MP18 for the assault. I didn't see the stream so I didn't hear any mention of classes, sorry about that. There needs to be both styles of mortars, lol. I saw the anti tank rifle, but if they use support as the engineer who is going to use the LMGs?

That's a good question. I remember back in BF Bad Co. 2 the medics had the LMGs, it might end up with them again, or stay with the support. Depending how Dice does the AT Rifle, support could end up with the LMGs and the AT Rifle as primaries. Which would force players to choose if they want to support their team with suppressive fire of an MG, or support their team by killing tanks. I kind of like the idea of having that trade off, of course I could just be 100% wrong on this too lol.
    [/quote]

You have some really good ideas, and speculation doesn't hurt. I like the support having both and choosing, much like Assauly in BF4 choosing between playing medic and grenadier for example.
  • AlexonDK
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    I kinda like the idea of an areabased effect to the game, like more in-depth usage of what gun for what. I'd like the maps to build upon different positions for each class, where you still can outflank people, but it will still be built up solid, so people therefore wouldnt be scattered around the map.

EDIT: That would also result in possible more teamfights instead of 1v1 action.
  • tommmyboiii
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    According to JackFrags, the classes are Assault, Medic, Support, and Scout.
  • AlexonDK
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    > @tommmmytom said:
    > According to JackFrags, the classes are Assault, Medic, Support, and Scout.

JackFrags has a lot of insider "friends". I think what he said is indeed true :)
  • Oroku_Miwa
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Support probably get repair tool then and some explosives to bring tanks down?
  • Kuhndog16
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From Gamerant. I would link it, but it won't let me. There are 6 classes. the 4 main classes are Assault, Medic, Scout, and Support. The other 2 classes are Pilot and Tanker. They are required to drive their respective vehicles. The vehicles will be considered their primary weapon. I assume they'll have a sidearm if they have to abandon their vehicle.

[quote] The developer has announced that there will be four core classes: Assault, Medic, Scout, and Support. Long-term fans of the Battlefield series may be surprised to see the return of the Medic class for Battlefield 1, as the role of a healer has been combined into the Assault build since Battlefield 2. It looks as though these classes will continue their somewhat traditional multiplayer roles, although lead game designer Daniel Berlin has stated that DICE is “still throwing weapons and gadgets around” until the developer comes up with the perfect balance.

As seen in the reveal trailer that dropped yesterday, there are more parties involved in the gameplay of Battlefield 1 than simply foot soldiers. Both bi-planes and tanks are due to be a major part of the single player game, and this will also be true of the multiplayer, as DICE has actually responded to this need with a pair of new classes specifically for vehicle use. Alongside the main classes, users can also choose Tanker or Pilot, aimed towards the game’s tanks and flying vehicles. [/quote]
  • X0fireOz
    edited May 2016
    [quote="Kuhndog16;315"]words [/quote][/quote]

Thanks for that, helped a lot
    Glad to know what the devs have in mind
  • ImBeauski
    Oh, according to JackFrags the Assault will be getting most of the anti-vehicle job now. It's going to be interesting to see how the balance all plays out. Come on beta lol.
  • doctorrocktor
    1876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this will stop snipers useing vehicles as a taxi great move.
  • Brubix
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I would like there to be a system in place where there is "X" number of scout and "X"number of assault etc

say its 12v12 (using small numbers for quick use)
    At the beginning of the round there would be
    2 - scout
    4 - medic
    4 - support
    2 - tank
    2 - pilot
    12 - Assault

I know some of you now will go that doesn't add to twelve. So I will explain a bit verbally.

If all 12 people want to be "Assault" they can call it the common class your basic grunt role.
    If 2 people take Scout right away then there is still 12 Assault positions available is one of those Scouts wish to change their role mid match.
    When that Scout changes their role it would then open a Scout spot for anyone else to switch to on their next respawn.

Same goes for all other classes.
    4 medics, if all 4 get taken then the class greys out unless mid match someone drops being a medic

Hopefully this will keep a balance so there are not too many snipers or rocket or C4 carrying players.
  • X0fireOz
    @Brubix I like that idea
  • Kuhndog16
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That idea has been done before in the older Call of Dutys and America's Army. I've thought about it before too. If they did do add it, I would reserve it as an option for rented servers rather than limiting the servers controlled by EA and DICE.