AA is Not OP. VIDEO proof.

orangebionic
232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I didnt want to get involved in all of that hysteria, just to push my opinion, I am inquisitive person, and I like facts, so I decided to do my own research. Does one hit disable planes? Does one hit disable wings?What is real damage AA deals to the planes???
Few myths to bust( or to confirm) were:
- one AA hit disable plane
- -one AA hit disable wing, and send it into uncontrolable spin
- wing damage makes pilot unable to turn around. or change direction of flight
- singular AA range cover whole map.

Here is the film, I put in slow , so numbers, damage value, and number of hits are more prominent.

Comments

• orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    When you see th film you can see, that

Plane1- AA need 12 hit do disable plane , which is incoming at it.2x20 wing damage. No wing disable, so spin.

Plane2- That good example of real AA efficiency. My teammates plane, and my AA shoot at it, yet it takes 9 AA hits to disable it. DIsable of plane makes it crash, but its so up close, its only fair.

Plane3 - this is good example of actual, effective range, I am using AA in the middle of map, plane fly in the outer edge of the map, into open desert. Only 4 hits out of10 land, quite poor efficiency. AT 1:28 we have wing damage, yet plane is obviously able to turn around at 1:30 and carry on. it takes 14 hits to bring it down, last 10 when plane is approaching my AA.
  • orangebionic
    Just only one loose reflection.
    When you fly, it seems, i repeat it seems all happens immediately. IT wont feel like that , when you are on the ground. plane 1 and 2 went downafter 15-20 seconds from first damage.
    When you fly, you wont register the exact moment you are start to get hit, same way , like in case of guns you might not catch up the very moment someone shooting you in the back. Then its to late, and you think that emeny ohk you with mp18, or aku12 in bf4. Its a flaw of the perception, many pilots confuse with actual fact.

AS well, look on plane1 and plane3. They know, they taking damage. They dont get into altitude, they dont flank, they decide to turn around, and go face to face against AA , which has its trail.

Those pilot thinks they are still in jet in bf4, and feel they should smash the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of AA. They paid for their arrogance, and surely might come to forums, to cry, how they are being "discouraged" from flying.

Last , but not least. This footage took me whole match to get. in between I was sniped 3 times out of AA, and once it was bombed out. It didnt respawn after 60 sec, as someone claims, but i dont have video proof of that, achieving it would be tedious.The only way I could actually come back to that AA, was because my team was dominant, and we keep control of main flags, with enemy restricted to two outer ones.

I hope that research stop a bit lots of hysterical nonsense over here, and we can talk about facts.
  • Hawxxeye
    7730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Now this actually looks like my own experience with the stationary AA gun.

The smaller planes seem to have more issues than the bomber though
  • wigtown
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thats really useful, thank you OP.

Kind of what i have asked for from pilots multiple times.

You know now they want a giant arrow in neon pink above stationary aa sites because its hard to see them...
  • TheWalkingDerp
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well your aim is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ awful, so what does this proove exactly?
  • wigtown
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well according to pilots you don't need to aim. The AoE is so large. See?
  • orangebionic

Well your aim is **** awful, so what does this proove exactly?

aim is not subject over here. bulshit claims by pilots, that they are disabled by one shot is. And it is proved wrong. It takes multiple shots 9-14 land hits to take down plane.
  • Moose_Cdn
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I didnt want to get involved in all of that hysteria, just to push my opinion, I am inquisitive person, and I like facts, so I decided to do my own research. Does one hit disable planes? Does one hit disable wings?What is real damage AA deals to the planes???
    Few myths to bust( or to confirm) were:
    - one AA hit disable plane
    - -one AA hit disable wing, and send it into uncontrolable spin
    - wing damage makes pilot unable to turn around. or change direction of flight
    - singular AA range cover whole map.

Here is the film, I put in slow , so numbers, damage value, and number of hits are more prominent.

Totaly agee, thanks for sharing :smile:
  • orangebionic

So you took down each plane before they even passed you, see the problem? Not even a full pass and they're brought down

Also try it from the planes perspective, the first or second shot locks the plane in its path (the pilots plane emblem on his screen gets a red outline when you can't really turn) this isn't it labeled "disabled" yet though

no shot lock plane on its patch. have you read my post under video???
    Look on plane 3- its hit numerous times, got your fabled"disable", yet its perfectly able to turn around at 1:30. That myth has been busted.
    You got evidence in front of your face, yet you denying it.
  • orangebionic

So you took down each plane before they even passed you, see the problem? Not even a full pass and they're brought down

Also try it from the planes perspective, the first or second shot locks the plane in its path (the pilots plane emblem on his screen gets a red outline when you can't really turn) this isn't it labeled "disabled" yet though

actually , plane 1 and 3 passed me there.I just put video showing actual damage input and time. But if they are coming at AA statiion, with distance rapidly decreasing, they shouldnt be able to whisk away. I know your intention here, you want just not being penalised by failed attack on AA, tank, whatever,you want AA shoot pillows, so you can fly around it whole game.

• TheRustyTigger
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    deleted,
    had a huge post, OP missed 9/10 shots but his post was bout the myths about one shot kills. However someone who can actually aim will down those planes in the first 3-4 shots that OP spent 10-15 on. He also doesn't address range. Again, if you can aim, you can nearly shoot across entire large maps like empires edge and down planes. I'm not sure what the draw distance is on OP's console but on PC you can see planes from one spawn to the other on max, and shoot that distance

AA needs a nerf but not a direct damage or ROF, as this will effect airship effectiveness. IF possible, it needs to do less direct aircraft damage but retain it's airship damage. If that's not possible then back to the chalkboard.
  • Trokey66
    9085 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wigtown said:

Well according to pilots you don't need to aim. The AoE is so large. See?

Yep, many think you just point in the general direction and BINGO, Korpus even thinks BF1 AA is easier than BF4 ARMs!
  • wigtown
    "All those black puffs a MILE behind the aircraft, yeah those are misses, no damages at all. ESPECIALLY that first clip that you slowed down. 9/10 of those shots ended up behind the aircraft..... multiply them by all the shots you missed, then you realize how damn hard the AA actually hits. If every shot you actually shot hit, those aircraft are in the dirt."

Can you see what you just put? Jeebus, who else gets to whinge like this? Multiply all the shots that miss in the game and you will see we should all be in the dirt.

So now a pilot agrees it does take some skill to hit with AA? Therefore we don't need this ridiculous idea of having to manually fuse the rounds...

• TheRustyTigger
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    wigtown said:

" Jeebus, who else gets to whinge like this? Multiply all the shots that miss in the game and you will see we should all be in the dirt.

If you miss, you miss. He shot about 10-15 shots in some of those clips and hit 3, then tried to include it in evidence of how something is not OP, because he missed.

You don't take advice from people who can't shoot

Let me go take an RPG and just shoot at a cow.

Look, I missed 9 shots. RPG isn't OP against a cow.

That doesn't make sense?
    Neither does looking at video of 20 shots and 3 actually hitting.
    he proved his point about 1 hit wing destroys and whatnot, but that's it. And no one except salty pilots even bought that anyway. (except maybe dogfight aircraft at extreme short distance against AA. Those damn things just feathers, but I buy that as fair)

I was curious about this, not having used the AA. Got in the staionary and mobile AA for an evening. Once you can aim those damn things, you down aircraft FAST, and across entire maps as big as empires edge. I mentioned above I don't know what the draw distance is on the consoles, but on PC you can see from spawn to spawn and shoot as far. When you can put AA on target it does large damage at a huge ROF. Something needs to give, and all I can think of is damage IF it can be split and kept the same against the zeppelin.
  • orangebionic
    edited November 2016

wigtown said:

" Jeebus, who else gets to whinge like this? Multiply all the shots that miss in the game and you will see we should all be in the dirt.

If you miss, you miss. He shot about 10-15 shots in some of those clips and hit 3, then tried to include it in evidence of how something is not OP, because he missed.

You don't take advice from people who can't shoot

Let me go take an RPG and just shoot at a cow.

Look, I missed 9 shots. RPG isn't OP against a cow.

That doesn't make sense?
    Neither does looking at video of 20 shots and 3 actually hitting.
    he proved his point about 1 hit wing destroys and whatnot, but that's it. And no one except salty pilots even bought that anyway. (except maybe dogfight aircraft at extreme short distance against AA. Those damn things just feathers, but I buy that as fair)

How many hitmarkers you can see????
    There is 12 shots landed in first plane, 14 landed in third one.
    Anyone can see that no plane was brought down with 3 shots.
    You pilots supposed to have good eyesights, dont you?

Do you want me to slow it down even more????
    I am not surprised pilot are so commonly disliked in bf . You just dogmatic morons. OR maybe, just maybe you just failed numeracy at school.
    let me help you out, it goes:
    one, two ,three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine , ten, eleven, twelve.

• TheRustyTigger
    edited November 2016
    You got a few hit markers because you did so little damage, a lot of times, because you barely hit the target you were so far off the mark. You were barely 40% on the first clip, and worse on the rest. Instead of looking at the hitmarkers, look at the actual damage in the stat box and where the shots actually hit. This was AOE damage for minimal effect. Your shooting on the first clip was the equivilent of me giving my 5 year old an automatic rifle and shooting at a pinata. Eventually it was going to break.

Instead put those shells ON the plane, or at least a bit closer, and it will go down in 3 shots. Not 20. At ANY range. And lets not even get into the argument that at a certain point in those damages the plane was going to crash anyway, the rest of the damage was just icing.
  • orangebionic
    edited November 2016
    I got 9 hits up close, on plane 2 with my plane attacking enemy one as well. Thats how AA works, you wont hit more than 20 damage up close anyway.
    I should expect that , facing facts pilots will start looking for excuses.
    I land my hits. End of story.Planes fly fast, there is no way to hit them otherwise.
  • TheRustyTigger
    edited November 2016

Thats how AA works, you wont hit more than 20 damage up close anyway.

Thanks for proving you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about

you
    miss
  • orangebionic
    thats normal speed video, as anyone can see I lead my shots, and they are hit . Theyre efficient enough , try to do it better on high velocity target,lol.