Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• naniwa_orange
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1.conquest tickets and time is too many. I don't play 30 min over. 15~20min is best.
    2.Operation's update is too bad. Why changes? I like before.
    3.weapons what is add scope(example, marksman series) are strong. no scope weapons buff plz.
    4.don't start match, before people equality.(example, A team have 12 Soldiers, however B team have 8 Soldiers, it's unbalance)
    5.add Operation's server browser or Visibility How many people join any operation.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operations in Server Browser would be perfect, so that people outside US and Western Europe can play as well.
  • DonaldTrumphff
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    FIX THE GOD DAMN MEDALS SYSTEM PLEASE!!! I mean, really, this is just extremely STUPID. It's stupid, because there are over 30 medals in this game but I can only choose between those 5 pre-selected medals (based on what?) that are shown in-game for me and most of them are pointless for me, they dont fit with my gaming style. I like to play with specific weapons (Self-Loading Weapons) and for example I would like to track Medic Order of Valor medal to unlock it, but I cannot choose it manually in-game, so I just have to wait until it pops up once in a blue moon. Seriously, re-think the whole medals system, because currently it really sucks, I'm sorry but that's the truth. Give us control over the medals, let us choose which medals we would like to track among those 30 medals.
  • lostlegends4
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Frame rate/server performance on Xbox One needs some improvement. 64 player servers especially. If they can at least be 45Hz similar to BF4 that would do wonders. Also, on this subject, can 32 player Rush make its return to BF1? Long time fan of this game mode but with only 24 players it feels a bit too slow at times. I know the community would agree!

2. Loading times are extremely long, especially on Operations. If we could skip the first cut scene, would that cut down on loading times? Also, side note, having to quit and load a new Operation is cumbersome. Can you look into creating a playlist so they load into the next Operation automatically?

3. I know someone mentioned this, but please add the ability to customize vehicle load outs from the main menu or within the soldier customization menu in game. Many times vehicles are already gone by the time I load in (see #2 above). If this can be added in the next patch, we'd all be greatful.

4. The scout class has no means to take down tanks currently, would it be possible to add dynamite or some other type of explosive to that class? I don't even use K rounds anymore as they are mostly ineffective and give away your position.

5. Medals need some fixing. All medals should be active at once like in previous Battlefield games. Also, if they were more team focused (i.e. get revived 50 times or revive 100 times, heal 100 soldiers, repair 100 vehicles, etc.) I feel it would help people realize the potential of teamplay.

That is all for now, hopefully some of these can be addressed at some point.

Cheers
  • DrChallis
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wish the player movements could be improved. I feel like I'm trying to shoot at a piece of paper blowing around in the wind.
  • RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    RabNebula wrote: »
    Seems like the update has nerfed the only viable weapon in the Support class. The BAR didn't need any changes. It feels like LMG's still kind of lack compared to other classes.

Gas Grenades. REALLY?!! You did nothing to change this major thing that everyone says is too much with having 2 of them and also having it damage even outside of the visible gas.

Shotguns. Still stupidly easy to use and still disgusting range on them. Reduce the range or drop the cross hair so it takes some level of judgement to use rather than blasting down whole pathways or corridors and 1 shotting people. It's silly easy kills and brainless at the moment having given them a go.

This!

Dice wants to make lmg´s more attractive so they nerf the only useful lmg, the BAR. Jesus Christ!

Yup I do not understand their logic. DICE logic!
  • DonaldTrumphff
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016

5. Medals need some fixing. All medals should be active at once like in previous Battlefield games. Also, if they were more team focused (i.e. get revived 50 times or revive 100 times, heal 100 soldiers, repair 100 vehicles, etc.) I feel it would help people realize the potential of teamplay.

Cheers

THIS! Couldn't agree more.

• El_Greeno
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thought of something else.
    Snipers sitting within their spawn, so you can't get to them and can't easily kill them unless you're also a sniper, but all the snipers on YOUR team are camping YOUR spawn.
    Have a 30 second spawn exit timer.
    Don't leave and you get executed for cowardice, or sent home (kicked).
    Once you leave the spawn, going back into it is desertion or cowardice, both of which you could be executed for in ww1.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this new patch didnt fix anything usefull, patch full of some ussles fixes, but the main bugs are still in game.
    1. spawning wihtout tank in tanker kit..stil there
    2. you can still revive teamates after revive timer is up, they can lay there whole day, and get revived, its stupid
    3. spawning when teammate is dead or in combat still there,
    4. tank spawn still not fixed, even better its now even worse, to get in games where enemy gets 3 tanks spawned not captured. and you get 1, maybe... was standing in cap on F in st.qunetin scar, and in front of my eyes 3 tanks spawned 1 after another...
    5. gas granate hit box, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, getting dmg while you dont even see green smoke...¯\_(ツ)_/¯...
    6. shotguns not even touched...ballanced very good.
    7. fighter plane is ussles, you cant dogfight, you do 0 dmg, and by the time you do some dmg, you will die 100% of the time, by bombers rear gunner or from attacks plane gunner...
    8. by some magic now i get heavys tanks bouncing AT-granates.. that should explode on impact...
    9. on and baunc mechanic in this game is broken, light tanks bauncing side shots, pure joke, before you put something like that in game, first make it work like it should, and not just trying to copy WOT...
    10. AT rocket gun it totaly ussles, vs heavy tanks, it should have at least 2 more granates in inventory...
    11. morat truck or mortar landship, ussles, dont know who would even use that...
  • El_Greeno
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ussles,
    AT-granates

Useless
    AT Grenades

Fitting, as grenades are useless against tanks.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think my number one thing at this point I'd ask for is improvements to the spawn system.

In BF4, the system was very good. Very few times do I spawn in to a bad situation... i.e. a squad mate who's under fire, or very far from the objective I was trying to spawn on. I've also found that (and this might just have been prior to the patch) conquest spawn points were very fixed, to the point that people were learning them and waiting there to farm kills. I've had it happen to me, and I've done it on occasion too.

I think the biggest difference was not just the mini screen in BF4 where you could see your squad mate's first person view, you also had an audio feed to gauge what was REALLY going on in their vicinity. But with just their dots on the map, it's very difficult to gauge the situation, unless you ask him via VOIP, and we all know, not many people use mics or play out of their party. It seems like it only stops the spawn if they're under direct fire too. If they're within a few feet of an enemy but no one's shooting, it'll still let you spawn.

The result for me has been that spawning in can be really stressful, because quite a lot of the time, I wait and wait for what seems like a good opportunity, spawn in and get killed within seconds with no time to react, usually shot in the back... And that's pretty anti-fun.

And then if you try to spawn on an objective, it generally puts you a few hundred feet from the objective, and often right out in the open. And if an enemy in that objective is covering that area, you pretty much have no chance, not to mention the situation at that objective can change very rapidly in the time it takes you to sprint there.

Overall I think it makes the average player life very short as compared with prior titles, which I don't find enjoyable.

Other things:

I agree about medals too. I think they should just be concurrent with ordinary gameplay and not have to be activated. As it is right now, I only choose ones whose criteria I think I can meet just through normal play. My friend was chasing one that required melee kills, so not only was he getting killed a lot, his stats took a nose dive and he pretty much wasn't helping the team by wasting tickets like that.

The tracer effect can be very blinding at times, to the point you almost lose your target. It seems a little better since the LMGs got their accuracy buff and the bullets stay on target, but there have been times when firing on someone, I have to pause, and see if they're even still standing there it's so bright.

Loadouts were still resetting for me too yesterday. It even got me killed when I missed that I was still running frags even though I usually use gas: I threw one and my squad mate ran in front of me, it bounced off his head and killed me because I had nowhere to run. If it had been a gas 'nade I could've at least put on my mask.
  • vercettivice1
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1) Please fix the laggy menu and UI (especially the ps4 version) - the server browser, the pause menu and everything related to the UI is very laggy (at least on the ps4 version)
    2) the "quit button" after the end of the game is buggy, often you get stuck and you are forced to close bf1 application from outside.
    3) Please improve the loading times (at least on the ps4 it takes too long to join the game)
    4) all other bugs the people mentioned above
  • igor-rhirsty
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    t1gge wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great feedback! keep it coming!

The patch is slated for tomorrow - and it is a big one!

Issues or improvements that need to come out ASAP:
    • 1. Competitive elements:
      Clans/Platoons options and Clan tags.
      Some Ideas: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/362701/#Comment_362701

• 2. More options and social interactions
      Battlefield Companion needs more interactions and information.
      • Player profile with description and image
      • Open profile and stats
      • Multiplayer Leaderboards
      • Friend Leaderboards
      • Search for players
      • Current server
      • Battle/Maps reports
      Battlefield 3 battlelog was perfect in these respects.

• 3. Rental Server Program:
      More options and settings for server owners (I know some settings are under development).
        The most important for clans and competitive:
      • Kick/Ban option inside server and outside
      • Disable master vehicles (like Dreadnought)
    • 4. Maps for infantry or not so large
      Maps most played by players in the competitive without vehicle.

• 5. Needs changes
      • Tank should be 1 at the base and 1 at the nearest flag immediately
        (Who plays with the tank will have more chance to choose it. The Amiens map works perfectly this way)
      • Grenades of gas and fire with much damage
      • Shotguns still disgusting range on them
      • Enemy planes teleporting after some maneuvers
      • Please add the ability to customize vehicle load outs from the main menu or within the soldier customization menu in game.
      • Add service star 100 medals for vehicles and classes
  • Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would really appreciate it if Dice could restore the ability to select which squad member you want to spawn on with the D-pad. Why this was taken out is beyond me. It was a very handy feature that was missed greatly by me and my friends last night.
  • irishrouge53
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    My top 1 right now is make it so I can connect to BF servers. Since the patch yesterday, I can't connect. PC player, and lots of other people having this problem. Really not happy with BF 1 so far. The rubber banding, loading, and now can't even connect.
  • Mas4evar
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My only big issue right now is that assault takes way longer to lvl up than all the other classes.
  • Eisselmann
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    - Spotting in hardcore should be useful. We should see marked enemies for a certain amount of time in the players field of view; not necessarily on the minimap, but in the fov. As it is implemented now, spotting is obsolete.
    - There should be a map as it was in BF3/4, a map I can open via keystroke. If that's implemented, we don't need that useless "compass" the minimap was downgraded to in hardcore.
    - Scoremessages on screen when anenemy is hit etc. It's a game after all. ;)

I don't know if it's possible in this build of game but perhaps it is the easiest way to just implement the hardcore set of rules as it was in BF3/4. That was perfect and a lot of fun. :)
  • KrazeeD
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So with the addition of Hardcore. There needs to be a HC toggle option for all modes in quickmatch.

You can't find a TDM or War Pigeons match anywhere
  • Grune_Holle_EA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    God dammit, DICE, I love you and your games, I love your prolonged support and listening to a community, but what the hell? When a major patch for a mostly perfectly working game (aside from a medal bug) adds so many new problems that never existed before it just isn't worth ANY of the work done. Worst thing about it, there's no way of knowing how long would it take for you to know about this problems and how much more to actually fix them. PLEASE, test you patches longer before you release them next time, it can't be that hard for consoles and their fixed hardware.

Let's go (platform: PS4):

- Firstly I noticed and overall WORSE perfomance and some kind of graphics drop on my PS4. Not completely sure what you've done, but the game feels NOTICABLY more sluggish and worse looking than it did before. Menus and endgame screen now also lag like hell. I never had any FPS or other technical issues before, so WTF DICE?

- Character customisation screen is BROKEN both in-game and in-menu. Not only the new main menu customisation loads as long as any map, but it also lacks MANY unlocks, specific weapon customisation options and vehicle customisations. Also, this update messed up class character models every time you switch them and it also resets your gun settings and gadgets uncontrollably.

- New quit button doesn't do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, you press it and it just does NOTHING as long as a new map loads.

- The gas mask now just randomly visualy dissapears from the screen and breathing sounds disables, but the mask effect keeps working.

- The gun Service Star number on a killcam is now messed up somehow.

- The game hints texts are now missing, it's just HINT___ and that's it.

- Your ingame and weapons statistics STILL doesn't update unless you turn the game off an on again.

- Spawning on place of taken vehicles is now happens even more often than before, now I get kicked out of vehicle customisation screen when i'm trying to pick torpedoes for my bomber.

- WTF did you do to an LMG crosshair, what's with that large and annoyingly misaligned circle in the middle? My guess is you wanted a more convinient bipod hipfire option as part of your LMG buff, but it does MUCH more harm than good - it just abstracts your vision when you are scanning for enemies while on bipod, especialy on Madsen, with it's mag an obstruction enough. Please, let us disable it or at least make it a smaller dot instead.

- Still no vehicle only "press to zoom" option.

- Still no fix for incorrect Gewher M.95 mid-reload animation (ALL rounds are visualy ejected with the clip, instead of correct number of unfired rounds) and no correct model for Lewis Supressive 97 round drum (you have it modeled for airplane Lewis guns, why didn't you put it on portable version?).

Everyone, feel free to add what you encountered to the list and let's make the DICE hear it as soon as possible. Thank you for your time if you read it.
  • Neo_fujiz
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Issue 1: remove the 1-shot bs from the sniper class, i have seen 16 out of 32 players on one team be snipers which ruin any and all teamwork, it's espcially bad when the game mode is operation and half the team isn't helping capturing the flag because they are too busy trying to get kills.

Issue 2: give more or better weapons to the medic class because just like the 1-shot bs ruins the game with too many snipers, the low damage bad weapons the medics have put most off from playing it which is (arguably) the most important class, it's usually as low as 3-4 in operations.

Issue 3: The AA-gun needs a nerf, the way it forces planes down makes no sense unless you as the pilot were already flying downwards when attacked and the fact that it moves at the same speed as the mouse makes it too op, i think it needs to have that "drag" feeling like the stationary AT guns although not that severe, then you would actually have a reason to play the small fast single-seat planes again.

Issue 4: If EA tells you not to remove or tweak the 1-shot bs then at least apply the same rules to shots fired very close (0-20m) so that you actually have a reason to buy and use the un-scoped rifles that you have for some reason added to the game but are not in any way viable.

Issue 5: with the latest patch you increased the tickets in operation for the attacker to 250 (i think), this is way too much and most matches now have reversed roles where the defenders have it unfair, if i remember it correctly it was 150 before and 250 now so how about setting it 200 it will still give the attackers a boost but not enough to completly steamroll the defenders.
    Post edited by Neo_fujiz on