Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• Frewik
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Things that stinks in HC mode:
    No nametags/blue /green circle above friends - can't see difference between allie and enemy. Can't see squad members. Makes HC-mode unplayable.
    Spawn on everyone in team should be spawn on squadleader only.
    (Fullsize) MAP must be active. "M"-button.
    Bullet damage 200% should be 60% HP instead. For example; grenades damage is now the same for normal and hardcore????

These things above MUST be default settings for all official hc-servers imo.

These things below should also be optional for custom servers.
    Minimap.
    Kill log.

Guess we'll have to wait another month for it to be fixed... maybe we'll have a descent hc-mode next christmas. You screwed us again EA.
  • Ferradicen
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only thing I find frustrating is the fact that I get intense glare when I use a scope inside a building not even facing the sun, the scope goes super high contrast, blinding light, now I don't if this is a bug or a design flaw but it's certainly not realistic, not realistic by any sense, actually it makes no sense at all.
  • viciouS_BF1
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FIX THE GOD DAMN MEDALS SYSTEM PLEASE!!! I mean, really, this is just extremely STUPID. It's stupid, because there are over 30 medals in this game but I can only choose between those 5 pre-selected medals (based on what?) that are shown in-game for me and most of them are pointless for me, they dont fit with my gaming style. I like to play with specific weapons (Self-Loading Weapons) and for example I would like to track Medic Order of Valor medal to unlock it, but I cannot choose it manually in-game, so I just have to wait until it pops up once in a blue moon. Seriously, re-think the whole medals system, because currently it really sucks, I'm sorry but that's the truth. Give us control over the medals, let us choose which medals we would like to track among those 30 medals.

No need to blaspheme likes it's life or death??? Its a game FFS... I don't mind the limited medals you can track but do see an issue with say having to do 10 melee kills before it moves onto the next level of objectives. This will force some to change their game style to suit but may be bad for the team. Make the medals more team and squad based would be nice. Maybe allow for more medals to be tracked at once and not have to complete objectives in order to receive the medal. But I do like limiting the medals with a time frame as it makes getting them a bit more satisfying. If you miss out on one, Not The End Of The World!
  • Juu_Ree
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1.Fix CPU usage
    100. Fix CPU usage
  • viciouS_BF1
    Don't change the spawn animation, I like it how it is. Don't listen to whingers who spawn and die because they chose a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ spawn point. I like the idea of showing the player that someone wants to spawn on you, then you could take cover to help with the spawn in. Some players wont give a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and just ignore the message but I would find it useful. I don't really miss the BF4 first person view before spawning, I think it's remove because it would break emersion of WW1. I like how you can't spawn on teammate while under fire. There are a lot of great things in BF1 and it feels a much better game than BF3 and BF4. Has a feel like BFBC2 which is great. People on here giving good points but need to take a chill pill it's still early days and of course there are going to be improvements over time, be patient.
  • ANGRYharold
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Look into the 10-A Hunter variant. It's completely ridiculous, and I get one-shot from ranges it shouldn't be capable of doing this at. I usually don't complain about weapons, but this is the stand-out overpowered gun in this game. I get killed with this more than anything in any map and in any game mode. I see people with 8-15 service stars with this gun extremely often, and i think that should say something about the universal viability of a gun that shouldn't be this good at all ranges.
    2. Look into making some of the medic weapons a bit more viable. Currently there's no real reason to use any of the guns that only carry 5 rounds at a time. Maybe consider adding another 5? The Mondragon is a good example of a powerful gun that punishes spam fire, but has a reasonable clip size at 10. 5 rounds is just way too masochistic to be limited to in any circumstance.
    3. Soldier customization screen still needs a lot of work. There's a lot of glitches and issues when accessed from the main menu. Gun customization is limited to skins.
    4. Inability to fire your weapon when revived still happens. This is a huge issue when revived in the heat of battle.
    5. Really would like to see something like Battlefield 4's firing range integrated into this game. It's not fun to test new weapons in the middle of a match. Coming from someone that has no experience with flying or using tanks, i really would like the ability to practice. I just won't spawn in on a plane or tank in game because I feel that I'm going to use it inappropriately and waste it. I'd love to get a feel for flying so I can use a plane when needed.

Overall I'm really pleased with this game. The 10-A hunter is honestly the main gripe, which could be fixed easily. I love the maps, besides Suez, even in it's new form. Since you guys limited the amount of weapons per class by quite a bit when compared to BF4 (which I agree with completely, btw), I think it's much more important to make every weapon at least usable to a degree, and there's a lot in the medic and support class that just shouldn't be touched.
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please add some visceral feel in the feedback when killing the enemy in hardcore mode. Make it so we know if we killed the enemy without having to check the scoreboard. It doesn't have to be broadcasted to the entire game players just to the one that got the kill that is what makes BF1 gaming feel so good.
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Performance Improvements
    2. Mapeditor
    3. Custom Community Content
    4. Mapeditor
    5. more of Mapeditor.

Like we have a dang awesome engine but yet we cant have a mapeditor? Id pay 100€ for that.
  • MCOTTON77
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I just want to say thank you for making hardcore, we'll hardcore. I love not having death cam, no map, no names above teammates, no hit indicators. Thank you for the compass too. This minimalistic design is really nice, more imersive, and promotes teamwork. I hope you won't listen to all the people crying about it because it's not softcore with more bullet damage.
    The main thing I would like to see in hardcore is a bigger difference between the two teams uniforms. That way it would appease all those who are crying about not being able to tell if it's a teammate or not. Plus it might cut down on the team kills.
  • MCOTTON77
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eisselmann wrote: »
    - Spotting in hardcore should be useful. We should see marked enemies for a certain amount of time in the players field of view; not necessarily on the minimap, but in the fov. As it is implemented now, spotting is obsolete.
    - There should be a map as it was in BF3/4, a map I can open via keystroke. If that's implemented, we don't need that useless "compass" the minimap was downgraded to in hardcore.
    - Scoremessages on screen when anenemy is hit etc. It's a game after all. ;)

I don't know if it's possible in this build of game but perhaps it is the easiest way to just implement the hardcore set of rules as it was in BF3/4. That was perfect and a lot of fun. :)

Cry me a river and go back to softcore.
  • SomeGuyWithARock
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Even with the Quit option it just hangs when backing out of a server 99% of the time. Have to Alt4
    2. For some reason I can no longer see my zero settings on my rifles. I can change it but I can't see what it is set to now.
    3. Even in HC the LMG takes way too many shots to end someone
    4. FOW Only 1 map? Seriously? And it's pistol only. Why not have Fog of War with other weapons and other maps? I like weather!
    5. Even the hardest games (100% HC) have MAPS in them. Arma 1, 2, 3 Insurgency, Squad, BF2 PR and several others. So get real and give us access to the maps in HC.

• TH3_R1PP3R
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    1 grenade spam specifically the gas grenade. It needs to be reduced to one and resupply doubled, or you can reduce the size legnth and keep 2
    2 tanks heavy tanks count for over 50% of all kills right now including behmoths. I don't think that it's a problem so much as with the damage it deals or the armor(even though the at rocket should be buffed to 20-30hp) it's got more to do with the self repair and third person. In a game where you have to actually push a tank and get close to take it out, the third person combined with the self repair that has no cool down between switching back to your cannon is a problem. A guy can set there and hit the repair button or the emergency repair while looking 360 degrees in third person. There's a few ways to fix this; you can take third person away, you can add a cool down when switching from repair to cannon or what I suggest, make the tanker or teammate get out and repair the tank from the outside. The third option would completely balance tanks and would also make the tanker use teamwork to stay up. Right now a tank is the lone wolfs wet dream .
    3 scouts. I know y'all have been looking at way to balance the scout rifle and IMO it's way to easy to use. I would add scope sway back into the game and add more bullet drop. I would also make it where a ohk is only with head shots not body shots. This would steer many players away from the class and actually bring it in line with the rest of the guns in the game.
    4. Content and customization. This game is going to die fast if you don't add more content and quick. The game is bare bones it needs more depth it needs more options
    5. Fix domination and add back cq small for comp for the life of me I have no idea why you messed with Dom it was great on bf4 and really was one of the only game modes that was used in comp. smaw for cq small. You need to buff the tickets and you need to take the elites out of Dom.
    6. Where is the platoon support? Why in the world would you go away from battlelog and not bring back platoon to the companion app?
    7. The random bullet deviation needs to go, it doesn't belong in a fps
    8. Joining on friends, I think it's terrible that you can't see the server number in game so you can have folks join off you and I think the 5 man limit is Ridicolous. I like to play with friends and I usally have 9 or so on at one time getting in a single game is damn near impossible
    9. You need to add more cqb maps
    thats it for right now I can think of some more stuff and might post it later
  • MCOTTON77
    1. Even with the Quit option it just hangs when backing out of a server 99% of the time. Have to Alt4
    2. For some reason I can no longer see my zero settings on my rifles. I can change it but I can't see what it is set to now.
    3. Even in HC the LMG takes way too many shots to end someone
    4. FOW Only 1 map? Seriously? And it's pistol only. Why not have Fog of War with other weapons and other maps? I like weather!
    5. Even the hardest games (100% HC) have MAPS in them. Arma 1, 2, 3 Insurgency, Squad, BF2 PR and several others. So get real and give us access to the maps in HC.

Let's put our WW1 UAV's out and have them relay real time feeds of the enemy locations to our WW1 tablets. Either play hardcore or don't. Stop trying to ruin the experience for those of us that want somewhat of a hardcore game mode.
  • fbjr2003
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please please please put the name tags or blueberries back on the heads of friendlys for hardcore mode. BF4 had the hardcore perfect. You could see your team easy and know the enemy easy. It's too hard in BF1 because of fog, dark maps and low visibility. It also doesnt help having dark uniforms on both sides. You can tell it's hard for people to tell friend from foe because of the accidental team killing. I played for 20 min and got team killed 5 times because people saw me running up and thought I was an enemy. Also being partial color blind doesn't help so please just put the friendly markers above there head at all times. Even when your not looking at the player. I bet the majority would like that better
  • El_Greeno
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FIX THE GOD DAMN MEDALS SYSTEM PLEASE!!! I mean, really, this is just extremely STUPID. It's stupid, because there are over 30 medals in this game but I can only choose between those 5 pre-selected medals (based on what?) that are shown in-game for me and most of them are pointless for me, they dont fit with my gaming style. I like to play with specific weapons (Self-Loading Weapons) and for example I would like to track Medic Order of Valor medal to unlock it, but I cannot choose it manually in-game, so I just have to wait until it pops up once in a blue moon. Seriously, re-think the whole medals system, because currently it really sucks, I'm sorry but that's the truth. Give us control over the medals, let us choose which medals we would like to track among those 30 medals.

No need to blaspheme likes it's life or death??? Its a game FFS... I don't mind the limited medals you can track but do see an issue with say having to do 10 melee kills before it moves onto the next level of objectives. This will force some to change their game style to suit but may be bad for the team. Make the medals more team and squad based would be nice. Maybe allow for more medals to be tracked at once and not have to complete objectives in order to receive the medal. But I do like limiting the medals with a time frame as it makes getting them a bit more satisfying. If you miss out on one, Not The End Of The World!

Blasphemy lol there is no god welcome to 2016
  • viciouS_BF1
    El_Greeno wrote: »

Nothing to do with 2016, Blasphemy is not right and should not be taken lightly. Anyway believe as you wish your loss not mine.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, don't listen to the noobs about the friendly markers in HC, it hasn't even been 24 hours.
  • El_Greeno
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Nothing to do with 2016, Blasphemy is not right and should not be taken lightly. Anyway believe as you wish your loss not mine.

My belief is that there is no god, and as such blasphemy is not anything to worry about. As such, it will and should be taken very lightly.

*Complains about blasphemy*
    *Has a picture of breasts as profile image*
  • viciouS_BF1

My belief is that there is no god, and as such blasphemy is not anything to worry about. As such, it will and should be taken very lightly.

*Complains about blasphemy*
    *Has a picture of breasts as profile image*

Blasphemy has nothing to do with beautiful women. Being a Christian doesn't mean no breasts, God created beautiful women. I can swear all I like but I won't Blaspheme, that's just who I am. I will look at other girls at times but I am married, doesn't mean I will cheat on my Wife. All this doesn't mean I can't be a Christian also.
  • DeleriousDe
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    hello....i cant seem to join any game in any servers since yesterday.....when i join a game the menu says loading for a few seconds nd then it shows"server disconnected"..."lost connection to the session"....this problem has happened before also...but this time it has persisted for a whole day.....pls...tell me why this is happening.....if its because of server load...then u should probably upgrade ur servers......i live in India...probably we should get a seperate south east asian server....pls respond