Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• lucianpin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    CPU usage is 100%, GPU 50%, FPS 40 - very often on some maps when you are on top of a hill, looking down.
    i5-4590, GTX 1060 - DX11
    So disappointed....
  • FourWRB
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game feels absolutely nothing like BF3, or BF4, and not in a good way. I'm starting to cope with the extreme limitations on weapons per class (that marksmen only for medic was a real ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ move), but at least give us better optical options. Not being able to customize your weapon attachments seems more like cut corners then aesthetics. The game feels completely unbalanced. Three tanks on a map for enemy team vs. waiting for forever and none spawning at base. Behemoths...what is that about? Get in a match and slaughtering a team on conquest by three hundred points, then behemoth and tank time aplenty to tie it up. Balance for me means equality..not giving the lesser team garbage perks. Battle packs are pointless and not worth freezing my game over to open. Fix the black screen. Fix the tank spawn that doesn't put you in a tank, doesn't even spawn the tank, but gives you the loadout. Revives not working properly. Scout class is OP.

While I recognize this is more complaining then constructive criticism; but what is there to say about a game that moved away from the feel of its franchise. First Hardline, and now this. Now matter how much money EA throws at reviewers, and youtubers...its still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

To list it:

1) Next time make a "battlefield" and don't rush it.
    2) Next time make a game that isn't still being beta tested for you a month after the release.
  • TheFrankSinatra
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1. Commander mode (it was in bf4)
    2. Show what your squadmates are doing before you spawn in (it was in bf4)
    3. Have actually interesting battlepacks that are worthwhile to even achieve (it was in bf4)
    4. Don't have a noob game with boring level ups and where I have already maxed out the unlocks for almost all the kits in only 2 weeks of having the game.
    5. As mentioned, fix the medals as only focusing on one is annoying, a normal medal system where you get it as you go, but longer lasting achievements I prefer (it was in bf4) or a combination of both types would even be better than what it is now as it takes away from the teamplay as you have to focus on some weapon you don't want to be using but yet you have limited days or hours to get the medal etc. all poor ideas that take away from teamplay and gameplay as well as the lack of commander mode, and other issues. Overall its been noobed down and is too easy, feels to arcadey, and feels to much like Hardline:WW1. Why take things away that were fine in bf4 ? Its just stupid. You guys constantly like over-react each game and take something away and then realize the mistake and then add it back again.

• TidgeyPudds
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    The people who are complaining ie

Shotguns are overpowered!
    Give the revive syringe a cool down timer
    Behemoths are terrible!
    Tanks are op!
    Allow ADS with gas mask
    Increase damage from fire when trying to shoot while on fire

These are exactly the kind of requests that break games. You have absolutely no idea what you're asking for. You're just complaining about random things that you constantly get killed by because you dont have the capacity to counter them.

Constructive criticism is the only way forward not being killed by something, not countering it then complaining its op. It's childish and destructive.

For instance the fact you can't go from prone to sprinting with L3 on PS4
    The fact people have the option to skip revives even though they have to wait to spawn anyway.

40 man operations was fine.. albeit slightly harder to defend than attack. The game was changed because of people complaining.. The same kind of people who have absolutely no idea how to play the game. So the changes to 40 man were made based on the opinions of those who play 64 man ops when 64 man and 40 are not the same.

You can't make those kinds of changes to a game mode based off information you've recieved after only 1/2 weeks of the game being released. Especially when you give us 20v20 / 32v32 and no way of communicating with anyone but our squad members.

It's insulting to us as fully grown men and women that you think giving us comms with the whole team would some how be too confusing to work out.

That is the reason the game seems unbalanced. That is the reason people are getting steamrolled and that is also the reason why making any sort of big decision like you have in ops 40 is completely uneducated. You dont have the right information to back up that sort of change.

ie how does the game play out when everyone can communicate effectively? "We cant give them team comms, they're mere mortals!"
  • Kr4zY_R4sT4
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My 5 "wish to change":

1: Extremely overpower shotguns

2: Get the head shot hit mark "real" yesterday i was 4meters from a enemy that was lying on the floor i aim down to his head with mondragon sniper and give him headshot...didnt kill him....hand then 2nd shot again in the head no heashot hit mark and he die and i see that i had a headshoot bonus lol, if its a headshoot let the enemy die like a man
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hit registration. Too many times I get hit markers that do no damage. Please fix that.
    Stuttering and frame rate. Suppression usually freezes my game for a splitsecond, and I'm dead, I begin taking fire, my frame freezes and I'm dead when it unfreezes. Annoying
  • MurhaajaSchauman
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    PC

All the gear shouldbe boundable on the mouse scroll, not only the primary and the secondary weapon.
    Currently it's not even an option. I personally and many others, I believe, would like to have all the wepons and gear under one finger.

This is my only wish. Please give a christmas present.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Please fix DX12 improvements...
  • SettelingShadow
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Let me start off by saying I have been playing Battlefield for a very long time. I have always enjoyed hardcore mode, but currently the way it is set up is causing me headaches.

Issue 1: No name plates of friendly players. This almost makes it impossible to distinguish friend from foe with the uniforms are so close you have to be on top of someone to tell if you should shoot or not.

Issue 2: I love having power vehicles like the Behemoths but with friendly fire turned on it almost makes it impossible to use these vehicles and the planes that drop bombs. When you use the vehicles you are doing insane splash damage. I think possibly either taking friendly fire off or turning it off for vehicles like the Behemoths or Bombers would be a good idea. I think if this doesn't happen it makes these vehicles obsolete.

Issue 3: we need some kind of kill feed to know who is killing who around us.

Issue 4: I love not having a mini map but having a map in general with the back button is something we have always had.

Issue 5: while this doesn't have to deal with specifically hardcore it's a need in general. I am able to customize my character but unable to customize my vehicles from the same page this needs to happen.

Other then these Issues with hardcore mode I am absolutely in love with this game. I think it's the best one said Bad Company 2!!!!
  • I-HoldDeezNutz-I
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    5 things wrong with bf1.
    1.the game is casual
    2.the game hyper is casual
    3.AT rockets and grenades take no skill (casual)
    4.dreadnaugts/ noob blimps are OP thus helping noobs from getting farmed
    5.the game is casual
    GG dice
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I heard from my friends playing hardcore:

People are team killing each other over the elite classes. I even had someone tell me they were racing a team mate for the flame trooper kit, and then AFTER he got it, his team mates killed him out of spite.

That definitely needs some kind of fix.
  • TIG_blane
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1: remove sniper ohk body shots, add scope sway, make suppression almost bf3 levels against snipers.
    2. Buff lmg damage, their fire rates,highest recoil in the game, spread, low damage make them useless at medium range. Buff bar to a minimum 30 round mag, 45 for Bipod version.
    3. Remove quick repair from tanks, only fix treads with no health increase.
    4. Undo nerf to mortar, I would take a slower fire rate over this bs system right now. Waiting ~10 seconds for an accurate shot is BS, make AT guns take 10 seconds for accuracy and see how much people complain.
    5. Dmrs have way to good hipfire and not enough spread, Dmrs are not close range, why are there close range Dmrs (sweeper 1907). Dmrs are way too effective at too many ranges, fix them to one range.
  • notman05
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Fix the revive weapon bug. It's completely random, but most of the time, after getting revived, your weapon will not fire. And you don't realize it, until you attempt to use it the first time. I can't believe this did not get addressed, in this last update.

2. Fix the flamethrowers on the back of the tanks. This issue only seems to affect certain players (only myself and one other, in my group of friends). When I get into the flamethrower seats, nothing happens when I hold the trigger. It works fine for others, but not me. This same issue existed, for the flamethrower sentry class, in the beta. I couldn't throw flames in the beta. In the released game, I can. I suspect the same bug exists in the tanks.

3. When leaving a game, I can't get to the main menu. When I select quit, I now sit at a black screen, with the 'busy' indicator, for minutes. Then it switches to a blurred out image, of what I suspect is the next map. It then just sits there, with the busy indicator running, and never goes to the main menu. A friend claims that it will, when the NEXT map loads, but I'm not willing to wait 15 minutes, to get to the main menu. It's usually quicker to close/reopen the game

4. There are still lag issues, especially with the cavalry. Here's an example, from just the other day: WnmngW.gif

5. Fix the spawns. It spawns us into the same spot over and over again, when you spawn to an objective. If someone is watching that spot, while capping the objective, they can keep popping off my team, as they try to spawn onto the location

This is all on the PS4
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5 things wrong with bf1.
    1.the game is casual
    2.the game hyper is casual
    3.AT rockets and grenades take no skill (casual)
    4.dreadnaugts/ noob blimps are OP thus helping noobs from getting farmed
    5.the game is casual
    GG dice

And all that complaining makes you uuhh... casual??

• RabNebula
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yesterday I had 4 games where I spawned in and had a death before the match had even started. It happened to a number of other people too. I don't know what's happened in this patch but that is very broken to give a death before the game starts.
    It's bad enough that it kills you by taking control away from you and continuing the action at the end of a round. Then theres the 51-0 streak I was on the other day, strolling along and suddenly "Killed In Action" because of where the behemoth dropped and had long since disappeared. Really????!! I'm probably owed about 400 lives from DICE for stupid stuff at this point. The other one is spawning in a plane and it drops you miles out in the ocean so you have to redeploy. My god that is annoying.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    notman05 wrote: »
    4. There are still lag issues, especially with the cavalry. Here's an example, from just the other day

Nice to finally see an example of this. Most people seem to blame the Cavalry class and want the sword range nerfed, as if that's even the issue. So obviously lag here. Guessing he actually killed you when he rode right past you. To him it no doubt looked fair and square, the lag issue doesn't seem to affect the rider, they still have to be really precise with the sword to get a kill.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Air ground balance is gone since last patch, bomber can tank damage from AA at high altitude and rain death to every mowing thing and quickly regain HP/repair after that as it's nothing. Fighters with trenchfighter loadout do vertical loops and instant kill 2-3 infantry with the darts each loop again and again, easily avoiding and even tanking small arms fire as its nothing. Why this patch????! Flying takes less and less skill, its getting boring.

2. Performance went to trash after the latest patch (PC). On all maps, but especially Amiens and Empire's Edge

3. Tanks are OP. Let me explain. First, the emergency repair and the normal repair are too much and too fast; damage dealth by assaultinfantry that sacrifice themselves is easily ignored/negated by this.
    Second, the gun of the light flanker tank keeps on going. No need to preserve ammo or for firediscipline. Literally a non stop stream of splashdamage. Speaking of which, the splashdamage of heavytank is too great and goes straight through solid cover like earth and solid rocks at times. Very annoying and frustrating.

4. Damage to parts of airplanes do not happen anymore by small arms-fire or by dogfigther HMG's

5. Sounds are frequently missing, cutting out. Especially with tanks. Also, tankshells do not render or their sound is not heard when they fire.

All in all, the patch made it even more frustrating to play as infantry on conquest vehicle maps. It seems you are not taking conquest or operations balance (with vehicles) seriously.

Post edited by Captain_DarIing on
  • notman05
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    notman05 wrote: »
    4. There are still lag issues, especially with the cavalry. Here's an example, from just the other day

Nice to finally see an example of this. Most people seem to blame the Cavalry class and want the sword range nerfed, as if that's even the issue. So obviously lag here. Guessing he actually killed you when he rode right past you. To him it no doubt looked fair and square, the lag issue doesn't seem to affect the rider, they still have to be really precise with the sword to get a kill.

Yeah, I suspect the horses are too fast for the server to register all the action, and eventually it catches up, and I receive my death, moments later. As you said, I suspect I did die earlier. It just gets frustrating, when on the receiving end, to think you survived, then you receive the mystery death.
  • AnssiKela
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    IMPROVE LIST:

-Some damage penalty and rolling experience for players health when jumping out of speeding car (or horse)

-Calvary swords 5m hit radius. (Though I like it)

-Sliding downhill while proned.

-Soldier won't get healed by med kit while mounted on a horse.

-Bugging menu.

-Player in game messages (for ex. Enemy Killed) are a bit too "Disney" in their style.

-No med kit/ammo box/pouches are thrown while proned.

SUPRISINGLY GOOD:

-No baserape

-Teamwork.

-Well selected music to important moments of the match.
  • TrademarkTM
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Add kill indicator to HC mode (not as far as kill feed) just a first person indicator.
    2. Make sniping harder so everyone and they're brother doesn't use it. Conquest games made up of only Scouts and Medics suck.
    3. End of round details hardly ever show up
    4. Sounds from infantry and tanks are barely audible. (using surround sound and 7.1 headset)
    5. Still can't shoot after revives most of the time.