Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• Mateiyu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Servers had issues all day here (western Europe). Now I can't even connect at all.

DICE is slowly becoming the worst video game company out there it seems.

Don't wonder why I won't buy anything EA and/or DICE put out...
  • Hortey
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mine are:
    1. Game relies too heavily on fully automatic weaponry. Infantry rifles should be all kit.
    2. No option to put ticket counter on large map screen
    3. No option to remove ticket counter from main screen
    4. Flying campain missions are forced in third person and have different controls, they do not help people learn to fly!
    5. Mounted/Emplaced machine guns are literally the worst weapons in the game when they should be the most powerful. Your team should be scrambling to occupy these weapons against infantry, but they are TERRIBLE. In WW1 these weapons are so powerful that the people using them would stop using them because of how horrible they felt of mowing down so many troops. In this game they are inaccurate, do terrible damage, and are much worse than any support weapon.

• Wombate
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    fe7felix wrote: »
    i didnt read the whole book, i dont even know if anybody keeps caring but

Unknown Server Error and
    failed to join Server

should get hands on since day 1

Dont bother changing ingame stuff if your basics are still crap. Since the start of bf1 I enjoy the game, but only once in a few months. Why? I cant join my friends because your 'join on friend' system is still broken as ****. Why would you bother about ingame content if the basics dont work?

If BFV is gonna be like this Ill ask my money back.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Theleux
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Only addition I'd like to see is that weapon skins be available for the Pre-order Update weapons (M1919 SMG, etc).
  • Gizmo-TehAutizmo
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Make it so you can exchange items ingame (escape -> soldier) so you don't have to quit to get an xp boost.
  • henbaoqian
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Been playing Zebrugge couple of days now.

1/ Boost destroyer and small zeppeling HP, 200 or 300 % more, at least. This is a joke, destroyer goes down after couple of torpedos, in 10-15 seconds. Same with that small zeppeling or air ship, they are like made of paper vs any AA.

2/ Limit the dmg of torpedos against destroyers or limit their range. This is really pathetic, when there is 10 boats with 2 torpedos each, and they can knock destroyer from across the map in virtually 10 seconds, just shooting torpedos and not risking anything. Their dmg should be halved or range limited. I would say the second, to force them to move, with bonus and benefit for them if they destroy target via courageous action and exposing themselves, instead of camping 1 km away.

• foreverstorm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just have one issue,

Microstuttering - which I've solved, at the cost of a different kind of hitching

So to get the maximum smoothness out of BF1 I did the following

Turn on DX 12
    Set VSync to 'FAST' in the nVidia control panel
    Running the game in borderless
    Use the following .cfg:

RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 1
    RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1
    GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 0
    Thread.MaxProcessorCount 12
    Thread.ProcessorCount 12
    Render.ClampGPUMemory 0
    RenderDevice.MemoryManagerEnable 0

This makes the game so smooth, you can see the trees and distant background as you turn around without it becoming a jaggy mess, especially apparent at higher frame rates. I get a constant 75 Hz (max settings, 150% detail) by setting my 1080p LG monitor to a custom resolution in the nVidia control panel:

1920x1080 75 Hz
    H V
    Active Pixels 1920 1080
    Front Porch 20 1 (2)
    Sync Width 20 3
    Total Pixels 2000 (2200) 1100

You may have to try and fiddle with the total pixels for other monitors, in brackets are the figures which are differnt for my Samsung to achieve this.

The only problem I have left is that DX12 always causes hitches that last a few microseconds while it loads things in the maps, this will continue as you explore the map until about 5 minutes into the game when basically all assets have opportunistically loaded. I just wish they fixed this aspect in DX12. In BF4 under Vulcan using my AMD card this did not happen, it was all smooth all the time.

My specs

i7 8700k 5.1 GHz
    RAM 3000 MHz
    GPU GTX 1080
  • someguy12121
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been saying this for over a year now about the broken join system and the horrid match making. Now complete with broken server balancing :/ I understand BFV comes out in a few months but with issues that continue to be ignored even after being confirmed by devs as an issue and then nothing is done about it.
  • Jaskaman
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still heavy lag /rubberband in quite a many BF 1 servers (PC). Issues should be solved.
  • Ohenry27
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    I love the new patch while playing last night I was moved to another team on two matches back to back! I don't like it and to me there is a simple fix just take away team switching and make people fight to change the outcome of the match instead if just ditching their former teammates!
    Also give us the slide back and de-nurf the shotguns and kill the Hellriegel
  • SnakeEater221
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unnerf the martini henry lol, hard enough with just a single shot little on hit marker after hit marker cause there arm gets in the way
  • maharajmeister
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm at assault class 21 and rank 61. What is the point now of continuing the online play again?
  • norfolkbitter
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    better CPU usage please I have a i5 7500 and id like to be able to sit around 60 to 70 percent use all the time in game I have tried all the work arounds I can and its just pointless and for going forward id like bf5 to be as optimised for 4 core CPUs as well thank you
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pre order sales down 80 percent compared to cod. Wonder why. Ea tries to launch beta, crashes servers. Great. Now i cant get beta or get online. Maybe I'll contact support so they can tell me it's my fault and open the same ports I've opened months ago. What a joke this company has become.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pre order sales down 80 percent compared to cod. Wonder why. Ea tries to launch beta, crashes servers. Great. Now i cant get beta or get online. Maybe I'll contact support so they can tell me it's my fault and open the same ports I've opened months ago. What a joke this company has become.

The preorder sales were from only Gamestop. The numbers are misleading.

As for Beta. This is why it's called beta so they can test and find these issues to fix.

I swear why do people play Beta and expect a polished game? If that's your expectations then wait for launch.
  • diagoro
    1472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

As for Beta. This is why it's called beta so they can test and find these issues to fix.

I swear why do people play Beta and expect a polished game? If that's your expectations then wait for launch.

Historically, the beta was 90% of what the release day version is.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »

70% of all statistics are made up.

It doesn't matter how much is released.....Beta is still a beta. It will have stability issues, features people don't like, and have gameplay problems. Nothing wrong about giving feedback and opinion, but some of the negativity, like the one above, shows some are looking for a fully polished game and if it is not there they wont buy......that's not the main reason on why there is an open Beta.
  • diagoro
    1472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »

70% of all statistics are made up.

It doesn't matter how much is released.....Beta is still a beta. It will have stability issues, features people don't like, and have gameplay problems. Nothing wrong about giving feedback and opinion, but some of the negativity, like the one above, shows some are looking for a fully polished game and if it is not there they wont buy......that's not the main reason on why there is an open Beta.

And 75% of comments deriding statistical comments are also made up.
  • JamieCurnock
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only way to improve bf1 after playing bf5 is to make it more like bf5.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fix your servers. You should be ashamed.