Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only have 1 request at this time
    How about not having to press the space bar all the time to spawn in the map its really a bad idea.
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First, it's a forums thing, but we really do need better line breaks so a wall of text isn't so common.
    See this works, though.
    Okay, what to change in BF1:
    - Battle reports. Way to see your past matches, save the favourites and check the stats of yourself and everyone. AND a way to report the suspectec cheaters and offensive players.
    - Operations needs to be in the Server Browser.
    - Score balance between game modes. Currently SPM's in TDM and Conquest are worlds apart. Maybe it's intended?
    - Progresion. Nothing gained from class ranks 4 to 9? Why even have 10 ranks? Highlights the lack of content in the game that is otherwise good. I don't need 200 weapons but it seems very lacking.
    - Medals are broken. I'm not talking about the bug where they change to the previous once, and you are rolling a coin if you can progress current or past medals. Medal rewards are pathetic. 1000+1000+5000 xp for focusing on a rather tightly restricted and not very well informed achievement is not worth anything.
    - Squad locks removed or timed, squad leader mutiny. These are coming I think?
    - Classic mode (and maybe hardcore for the babies).
    - More transport vehicles, motorcycles, horses, cars.
    - Spawns. Deploying on an objective that is in my teams possession, I don't want to spawn 200 meters away from it. Or so there's 3 enemies behind me. Maybe so I am behind 3 enemies. And I want to see the vehicle health I'm spawning on. Squad mate under fire notice is not working properly either I think.
    More communication, official communication. Why was there no information given about rental servers until so much after the release? A tiny message about kick/ban, hardcore and classic, directx function errors.... even if the message was only "hey we noticed you, we're on the case don't worry." There's too much speculation because players are in a black hole where no official info reaches.
  • Lunt1488
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Buff LMG damage to 30-35 hp per round.
  • TatzyXY
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    First, it's a forums thing, but we really do need better line breaks so a wall of text isn't so common.

On Mac you cant. This forum software not understands more than one mac line break.
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TatzyXY wrote: »

On Mac you cant. This forum software not understands more than one mac line break.

One line break is enough if it is VISIBLY larger and helps reading. It's not like I'm requiring everyone to have TWO mouse buttons. ;)
  • TatzyXY
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    1. Aim assist ist way too strong, on console we are all ESL PRO Players with it turned on.
    2. You want to Revive but instead he puts his Gas Mask on (no I am not pressing the wrong button)
    3. 100% Sensivity is still too low.
    4. Setting for turning off Acceleartion
    5. Setting for configure joypad-deadzone
  • Highnoonn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi

I just logged in to BF1 and I cant find the thousand of players playing the game. Maybe about 100, divided over a number of servers. Also ping for half of the servers exceeds 100ms. Tried to adjust the filter but didnt change much apart from showing more empty servers.

Help me. I think Im doing something wrong.

Thanks.
  • Nathan727E
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Arbitrary restrictions are my biggest complaint, expanded on in points 1, 3, 4, and 5.

1) Weapon customization

You have a system for attachments yet you decided to give the same weapon multiple entries in the weapon list (the presets) instead of making it so that you can just (for example) add a bipod or a vertical foregrip. It bothers me that I can't have an unscoped BAR with a bipod, for example. The amount of scopes and optics itself bothers me and, honestly, I would much prefer the ability to remove them in many instances.

When physical, irreversible alterations to the weapon (such as shortening for the trench version of a rifle) are required, I can understand the separation, however I don't like how the BAR with a foregrip and the BAR with a bipod are two different weapons. It just feels like a step backwards to me (I didn't play Battlefield 4 or Hardline, my most recent being Battlefield 3).
    2) More weapons

Ignoring the announced DLC factions' weapons (French, Russian), there are several weapons whose absence confuses/bothers me, such as the M1917 American Enfield, the Mk IV, V, and VI Webley revolvers, and the M1915 American Chauchat (although that could be included in the French DLC along with the original Chauchat, I suppose) to name a few.

The addition of the strangely absent unscoped M1903 Springfield would also be greatly appreciated (or make the Pedersen Device a sidearm only compatible with the M1903 Springfield. I mean the animations are already in the game to switch out the bolts when you use the K bullets with the M1903 "Experimental" (Pedersen Device)).

I like the inclusion of prototypes and the like (such as the Pedersen Device, the Hellriegel, and the Huot Automatic Rifle), but I don't feel like they should come before weapons that actually saw use in the war. (On that note, wasn't the Thompson SMG a prototype in WWI that almost saw service? I wouldn't object to its inclusion. After the addition of more weapons that were actually used, that is.)
    3) Tanker/Pilot-specific weapons be made available to other classes

I would love to use some of the weapons that are tanker/pilot exclusive (primarily the Pieper M1893), but in order to do so I must waste a vehicle spawn which is detrimental to the team as a whole, and, as such, not something that I want to do. I also tend to die with my vehicle instead of risking the enemy capturing it, further limiting my opportunities to use them.
    4) Unscoped bolt-action rifles (and trench/carbine variants) for all classes

Considering their prevalence in WWI, I don't see why they're restricted to one class. If not all classes, at least allow their use by medics. Perhaps the trench versions could also be used by the Assault class.
    5) Class-specific pistols be made universal

Some of them I can understand being restricted to one class (primarily most of the Assault-specific ones), but I see no reason to lock most sidearms to only one class, like the Mauser C96, the M1903 Hammerless, or the Bodeo 1889 (especially the C96).
    Post edited by Nathan727E on
  • ugottabecheating
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

2. Ping filtering and ping displayed in the scoreboard for consoles.

On ps4 the ping is displayed as upto 4 green bars and you can filter on ping by pressing L3. I assume the filter uses actual ping values and not the green bars. I have lag free games using this feature
    Don't know the equivalent xbox controller option but it should show you on the bottoM of your screen in the server browser screen
  • t1gge
    26 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Thanks for all the great feedback! keep it coming!

The patch is slated for tomorrow - and it is a big one!
  • Phaceman
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    OMG you just have to fix the Medals appearing/disappearing at load-game. Its so annoying.

Oh and also having to swap weapons after being revived. k thx
  • Sean_Der_Mann
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    t1gge wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great feedback! keep it coming!

The patch is slated for tomorrow - and it is a big one!

A big one ? It will be a a joke. Still so many issues (PC here)

Trying to join on friends, medals being borked, still no joystick support, no changes to autobalance.

You thank people for the feedback yet you don't appear to take heed or listen to any of it. Game is a shambles on release.
    You should scrap your AWFUL attempt at an web client, Origin is awful. Just go back to a game client like BF2.

I'm sure you get paid enough to lie and put on a face to all these people here, must also have little shame to ask for over $100 for such a product.
  • Sean_Der_Mann
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    What the hell ? Seriously

Try to launch BF1...now get a message that I'm FORCED to install the new Nvidia driver...that CRASHES my system.
    How can I play this with older drivers...the ones I have been using on your buggy game up until this point ?
  • DavTan
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh.. And another one.. I have auto rotation turned off.. But my gun still tracks targets sometimes that I don't want to aim at.
  • AkuFlash
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fix dx12 performance right now is only stutter,lower fps, and imputlag. After 1 month still no fix
  • BooniePepper
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The ability to change our loadouts other than in game. We need to be able to do this from out character screen.
  • Texas_Ace_80
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Im not sure if anyone else hates the vehicle spawn system but IMO this needs a massive overhaul.

• Change vehicle load out without having a vehicle to spawn on
    • Change vehicle spawn all together and have individual vehicles (like BF4) currently it is confusing and time consuming
    I would prefer to be able to change my vehicle load out then double click on the vehicle I want quickly, not go through a time consuming vehicle menu that is buggy. Currently if I spawn a second later than someone else I spawn in the middle of nowhere with the vehicle class. This can be frustrating, having to run for 3 minutes to the battle zone only to get dominated by a better infantry class.

If it was BF4 - if you double clicked the vehicle too late you would spawn into the vehicle as a passenger (or rarely spawn at base with your last infantry class) that doesn't happen here.

Because of the new vehicle load out/spawn system I haven't used vehicles at all apart from a horse a few times. Once the tanks are taken it is very difficult to even have a turn because they are typically taken for the game or taken by someone else after they spawn back because they can navigate the menu quicker.

Simplify the system back to individual vehicles which we can double click to spawn on. This is one of my gripes with the UI.
    Yes, I too hate the vehicle spawn system.

You make good points all around, but I'd also add that it's a mystery as to why you cannot spawn into a transport vehicle to start a round like you could in many of the previous BF games.

It's frustrating to start a round at the deployment, figure out where exactly you are and what direction the transport vehicles are, then have to make a mad dash for them in hopes that you get to them before someone else does. And if you are late to get there, you have to hope that the person driving isn't one of those idiotic players who just takes off as soon as he gets in the vehicle and leaves you and other players to walk long distances just to finally get to the action.

• Mr_Manag3r
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh yeah one more thing, the Classic preset. Pretty please! :)
  • TM3134
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Has anyone else felt like when playing conquest and spawning on a captured flag you end up super far from said flag? I don't recall in any of the other bf being that far from a capture point when spawning on it to defend it.
  • Sgt_kkn_
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TM3134 wrote: »
    Has anyone else felt like when playing conquest and spawning on a captured flag you end up super far from said flag? I don't recall in any of the other bf being that far from a capture point when spawning on it to defend it.

metro bf4, B flag when your team start outside, you spawn close to the exit to A flag.