Hit Detection

jmottone
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The hit detection still seems a little off. Especially when firing at close range with one-shot weapons, like the A10 Hunter shotgun and various sniper rifles. I am clearly hitting the enemy because a hit marker appears (even headshots), but should it really take 4 shots at close range with a shotgun, when you can use that same weapon at long distances and get a one-shot kill? There is no way I can get a headshot at close range with the shotgun (and I know its a headshot because of the color indicator, I have my headshots set to yellow), and have to shoot the enemy so many times, that by the 4th shot he finally turns around and is able to kill me first. I'm sorry, but that is just awful hit detection. I guess my gripe is with the inconsistencies in hit detection, not only with a shotgun, but with sniper rifles as well. If you can one-shot kill a person from a distance with a weapon, then you should also be able to one-shot kill them at close range, especially when the indicator shows you hit the enemy directly in the head and upper body.

Comments

• jmottone
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, I dunno what is causing it, but it really needs to get fixed. Please VOTE UP the original post guys....
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mischkag wrote: »
    I am looking into this and hope to be able to improve it for the future. Thanks for bringing it up.

Finally.
  • lerki0
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just out of interest guys what monitor or tv are you using?
  • SupremeEpidemic
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    lerki0 wrote: »
    Just out of interest guys what monitor or tv are you using?

No comment. ;)

Im not saying or saying that could be the problem for me.
  • oJU5T1No
    900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    24" Benq gaming monitor 2ms response time, it doesn't improve the hit detection though.
  • Cactus757
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's been really bad lately. I've had enough.

The problem has been well documented over the past few years and Dice refuse to fix it.

When a server has high ping players in it, the experience of the low ping players is negatively effected.

It's absolutely ridiculous that I can have frame rate drops, teleporting players and rubber bullets in a server with full green bars. Yet, I can go play in a yellow 2 bar server and have the game play silky smooth.

Dice purposely chooses to punish low ping players in effort to give high ping players a good experience.
  • SupremeEpidemic
    mischkag wrote: »
    First of all we do not refuse to fix it at all. We focused quite a lot on making it very responsive for low ping players. High ping players have quite a hard time to actually hit somebody, have you ever played with 300+ms ping? We need to allow high ping players to still have a decent experience, but clearly favor the low pingers in many ways. Yes we gonna try to improve the perceived lagginess, particularly for the high pingers inside the low pingers clients. I understand the frustration, but its simply not true that we do not listen or purposely punish players or ignore the issues. Its just a very delicate balance, but again, we are actively looking into it and hope to improve it.

Holy cow another response.
  • der_Metatron
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Don´t get me wrong, it is the best BF Game since BC2 and I like it a lot, the overall technical experience is pretty good. And I really appreciate the time you take to answer here. Also it is awesome to hear, that you are willing to make improvements to this great game.

I made small clip last night wich sums it up pretty good I guess
    https://account.xbox.com/de-de/gameclip/dee54156-7a6e-44b8-a541-1c89aed613ff?gamerTag=der Metatron&scid=72010100-7d7f-4105-b34e-3ec552a4c121

The interesting Part is starting at 00:18, before that it is **** aim on my account.

Hunter Model 10 close range Hip fire, that usually is doing the Trick. Enemy gets around the corner, I shoot first (the Animation is there), the shot is a llittle bit off center, but at least should generate some Hit Markers. I am one shotted, due to not being on full Health (wich is fine). Killcam shows that the enemy has still 100 % and THAT should be not possible

For me it does not look like problems with damage calculation, rather it looks like he was way more to the left from my point of view. I only cann guess that this had something to do with his client to Server connection wich was not able to send my Client the correct data in time.

I only play on EU Servers and I bet if the rentals Servers had any chance of blocking High Pingers or OOR Players the community would appreciate that.

As soon as that player left the game "Hit detection" was spot on again.