Hit Detection

Comments

• X_justhaze_X
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    So this is the fifth time this has happened to me!!! I've gotten out, gotten back in, switched main weapons even repaired the Tank to no avail. When you shoot other tanks it's just a puff of smoke.

Have you tried to see if your 3rd person crosshairs are lined up where the first person crosshairs are? There was an issue in the beta where the 3rd person crosshairs were WAY off from the first person, by a lot.

Full disclosure. I watched on my phone and couldn't tell.

Yes I tried to aim off target in both directions in 1st and 3rd person view. Still the same thing no damage. This has happened before too same results. Also I'm not able to do damage to destructible environments. Such as walls, buildings, vehicle's and flowerpots.
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    What is going on?
    On my side, there's like 30 new post's in this thread. Mainly VBALL_MVP responses to old stuff..

Is it only me? Or is it like that for everyone?

I see it too. Thought it was going to make my head explode.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @lizzard It's an issue with the forums pushing through old "requires approval" posts from back a month or so ago when the forum was choking. There's also the CSRF tokens glitch.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So this is the fifth time this has happened to me!!! I've gotten out, gotten back in, switched main weapons even repaired the Tank to no avail. When you shoot other tanks it's just a puff of smoke.

Have you tried to see if your 3rd person crosshairs are lined up where the first person crosshairs are? There was an issue in the beta where the 3rd person crosshairs were WAY off from the first person, by a lot.

Yes I tried to aim off target in both directions in 1st and 3rd person view. Still the same thing no damage. This has happened before too same results. Also I'm not able to do damage to destructible environments. Such as walls, buildings, vehicle's and flowerpots.

If you aren't doing any damage to walls, I'm sure @Rev0verDrive would have some insight as to why this could be happening. Could also be a new bug if this has not happened before the latest update.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If you aren't doing any damage to walls, I'm sure @Rev0verDrive would have some insight as to why this could be happening. Could also be a new bug if this has not happened before the latest update.

Yeah looks like a crazy bug. Not only no damage to walls but his shots are literally shooting way off target.

The other day I had a bug where I was constantly dropping ammo and couldn't switch weapons. Looked like I was karate chopping everything.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Oops, wrong thread. Disregard.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oops, wrong thread. Disregard.

Best post yet
  • PRESIDEN7_TRUMP
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    So again your "facts" are wrong and exaggerated.

I have alternative facts...

Good morning everyone!
  • VBALL_MVP
    So again your "facts" are wrong and exaggerated.

I have alternative facts...

Good morning everyone!
    Fake news....

And morning to you too
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah looks like a crazy bug. Not only no damage to walls but his shots are literally shooting way off target.

The other day I had a bug where I was constantly dropping ammo and couldn't switch weapons. Looked like I was karate chopping everything.

Wonder if it's related to that buggy moments when you destroy a part of a wall/window and it immediately reappears as normal.
  • VBALL_MVP
    diagoro wrote: »

Wonder if it's related to that buggy moments when you destroy a part of a wall/window and it immediately reappears as normal.

Could be. I played a couple of nights ago and had the same issue on foot. Seems if you're right on the wall it sometimes makes you "part" of the wall.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Could be. I played a couple of nights ago and had the same issue on foot. Seems if you're right on the wall it sometimes makes you "part" of the wall.

You have video of this?
    What did the SrvTick show?
  • VBALL_MVP

You have video of this?

Yup i do.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You have video of this?

Yup i do.

Then don't be shy.. Post it!
  • VBALL_MVP

You have video of this?

Yup i do.

Then don't be shy.. Post it!

Tell me...if I do....what you going to do with it...you saw it happens on the previous vid, why do you want mine?
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @VBALL_MVP I believe it was even in one of @lizzard video he posted about a month ago. May have been someone else who posts in this thread often, I can't remember.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    How do we know when it is hit detection, and when it is lag?
    I have a couple of odd videos.. one is hit detection, and the other is me being meleed through a wall by someone in the next room over.

I might be a r s e d to upload them for giggles...
  • VBALL_MVP
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    How do we know when it is hit detection, and when it is lag?
    I have a couple of odd videos.. one is hit detection, and the other is me being meleed through a wall by someone in the next room over.

I might be a r s e d to upload them for giggles...

There is the old bug that your body cam go through a wall. I have received many cheap kills from shooting people's feet dangling through walls or the bayonet charge on a door.
    @VBALL_MVP I believe it was even in one of @lizzard video he posted about a month ago. May have been someone else who posts in this thread often, I can't remember.

Yeah it's the typical wall outline extending beyond the actual rendering. Like the forcefield around branches.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To me it's a collision issue between the player and the room. Either the colliders aren't set up correctly or the SM collision hulls aren't done well enough. There's also a chance (not likely) that player movement isn't physics based.

If collisions are correct then a player wouldn't push through walls or other objects. Regardless the player interactions hold a higher priority within the world space hierarchy.
  • VBALL_MVP
    To me it's a collision issue between the player and the room. Either the colliders aren't set up correctly or the SM collision hulls aren't done well enough. There's also a chance (not likely) that player movement isn't physics based.

If collisions are correct then a player wouldn't push through walls or other objects. Regardless the player interactions hold a higher priority within the world space hierarchy.

I know this was explained before in BF4...just dont remember where. Dang...