Hit Detection

Comments

• QliMaXMiTo
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Melee through wall:
    [vimeo]

I don't think you actually got killed through the wall.

Edit: re-upload because the language filter didn't like a combination of 2 letters in the old URL...
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wooooh, console cte is live gentlemen.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really hope that cte can be used to actually test thing's, that matter for a cleaner and more consistent gameplay.

So that its not only a marketing tool, to sell premium to players that wants to test new maps early..

Anyway.
    Great achievement by dice.
    Let's hope we don't need a cte for the next title.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Low ping smoothing factor should be in there! Go test!!
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is not aimed at you but we are constantly been told there is no issue with low ping so why would it need smoothing if there is no issue.?
  • KingTolapsium
    digga11 wrote: »

This is not aimed at you but we are constantly been told there is no issue with low ping so why would it need smoothing if there is no issue.?

It increases the delay in what you are presented to create smoother visuals.

Sometimes the raw immediate data from the server is jittery/jerky, this change allows low ping to remove some of that (accurate) inconsistency.

Hope that makes sense.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sometimes the raw immediate data from the server is jittery/jerky, this change allows low ping to remove some of that (accurate) inconsistency.

Hope that makes sense.
    So how will that affect hit reg and/or perception thereof? (incoming and outgoing)
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

After work today where might I find the cte?
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hope that makes sense.

By effectively making our ping higher In a round about way.
  • KingTolapsium
    denjoga wrote: »

Hope that makes sense.
    So how will that affect hit reg and/or perception thereof? (incoming and outgoing)

Hope that makes sense.

You take an increase in effective latency (as I understand it), but gain more predictable enemy movement.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017

Search for it under the "more" tab of BF1 on the menu screen. It will be just like downloading another game of BF1, completely seperate from the retail version. I believe it's 56GB or something like that.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Its on the main menu under "more"
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @misisipiRivrRat or you could have a look at this thread. Looks like it walks you through it.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/117518/you-can-find-cte-here#latest
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    @misisipiRivrRat or you could have a look at this thread. Looks like it walks you through it.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/117518/you-can-find-cte-here#latest

How do you do that on a phone? Add a link?
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »

Search for it under the "more" tab of BF1 on the menu screen. It will be just like downloading another game of BF1, completely seperate from the retail version. I believe it's 56GB or something like that.

Thank you
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    BC2 was working just fine for me. Never had any problems at all. But BF4 and BF1 and special the hit detection very bad.

Why does youtubers not talk about the issues in the game, are they afraid?
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    denjoga wrote: »

Hope that makes sense.

Hope that makes sense.

You take an increase in effective latency (as I understand it), but gain more predictable enemy movement.

So getting the supped up modem, router, package from our friends at Time Warner...Spectrum was a waste since my ping was in the 40-50 range but would have spikes from time to time however now I run at a crisp 25 or less and my experience is worse? Something here makes sense but should not and something here does not make sense but exists. When is the ping raiser going into effect on xbone? That's when i'll check back in...going to go play on the CTE where it's not all supposed to make sense or be right or whatever - so I don't get frustrated for routinely watching bullets wiz through people and don't get hit markers. For a while it seemed the low ping was great and then the last few updates take a top 5 player and make him tier 2 or 3 (or worse) and I haven't found a correction through settings or consistent aiming methods - anymore it's just easier and safer to use auto weapons with large magazines - at least some of them should hit, right?
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've got a video of really bad hit detection with melee while enemy is on AA gun.. the enemy was stabbed like 5 times with no effect, then shot several times at close range (point blank) to no avail.
    I'll probably upload it tomorrow if I can be bothered..

[video
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    QliMaXMiTo wrote: »
    I don't think you actually got killed through the wall.

Edit: re-upload because the language filter didn't like a combination of 2 letters in the old URL...

Thanks for uploading this split screen. Was this a reenactment or were you the original person who meleed me?

Also, in the video I just uploaded.. after watching it several times I just realized something... is it possible this person was an elite class? It looks like he has armor plating on.. can an elite class (like flamethrower) jump on an AA gun?

That might explain why five stabbings and several shots fired at close range only deal minor damage. (although a bayonet charge seems to be deadly against elites)
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've got a video of really bad hit detection with melee while enemy is on AA gun.. the enemy was stabbed like 5 times with no effect, then shot several times at close range (point blank) to no avail.
    I'll probably upload it tomorrow if I can be bothered..

[video

Dude was a "Sentry".
    The Sentry carries the heaviest body armor of all elite classes, providing damage reduction against all firearms, and complete protection from melee weapon hits.

Once you get there health down pretty low you can then melee them.