Hit Detection

Comments

  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It became obvious what the problem was with the release and then rollback of the spring patch, so I don't understand why some of you keep trying to find some other mystical reason for why hit detection is bad. It doesn't make sense unless you care more about the argument than the solution.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It became obvious what the problem was with the release and then rollback of the spring patch, so I don't understand why some of you keep trying to find some other mystical reason for why hit detection is bad. It doesn't make sense unless you care more about the argument than the solution.

    Or as you can see....or most likely can't, it's not. We see (again you have chosen to ignore) in many vids the huge bullet deviation that occurs which can make it seem like issues.

    Again why don't you show us this issue you say we all are avoiding to address with some video proof. You must have some recent examples from playing. Maybe from your games you played an hour ago.
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    It became obvious what the problem was with the release and then rollback of the spring patch, so I don't understand why some of you keep trying to find some other mystical reason for why hit detection is bad. It doesn't make sense unless you care more about the argument than the solution.

    Or as you can see....or most likely can't, it's not. We see (again you have chosen to ignore) in many vids the huge bullet deviation that occurs which can make it seem like issues.

    Again why don't you show us this issue you say we all are avoiding to address with some video proof. You must have some recent examples from playing. Maybe from your games you played an hour ago.

    Are you Dice customer support? If you're not you need to stop acting like you're some kind of expert because all you're doing is misleading the community. It's hard to find a thread where you aren't in there saying something that's condescending to another forum member. You have gotten away with this far too long.

    You really should be arguing with the dev because it's him you are contradicting.
    At any rate it's pointless to post a vid here because your conclusions are always the same.
    Post edited by HillbillyJohn on
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think we need to be more specific than saying "hit detection", player movement and aim desist are the real issues not the actual registering of bullets hitting the other players. And indeed the RNG bullet deviation why is this still even in the game?.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ....."You really should be arguing with the dev because it's him you are contradicting.".....

    Nothing is being contradicted if you have understood EVERYTHING that has been said. There has been great technical feedback from the dev as well as other people who work in coding, programming, IT, etc.

    Knowledge is power. :)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    It became obvious what the problem was with the release and then rollback of the spring patch, so I don't understand why some of you keep trying to find some other mystical reason for why hit detection is bad. It doesn't make sense unless you care more about the argument than the solution.

    Or as you can see....or most likely can't, it's not. We see (again you have chosen to ignore) in many vids the huge bullet deviation that occurs which can make it seem like issues.

    Again why don't you show us this issue you say we all are avoiding to address with some video proof. You must have some recent examples from playing. Maybe from your games you played an hour ago.

    Are you Dice customer support? If you're not you need to stop acting like you're some kind of expert because all you're doing is misleading the community. It's hard to find a thread where you aren't in there saying something that's condescending to another forum member. You have gotten away with this far too long.

    You really should be arguing with the dev because it's him you are contradicting.
    At any rate it's pointless to post a vid here because your conclusions are always the same.

    Then why are you in here arguing. No one here is from DICE so instead if complaining here go complain elsewhere.

    As for misleading, hardly, if you stop ignoring the posts where people acknowledged that it was something else you will see.

    You want to spew negativity, that's your right. You want to blame the game for everything, also your right. But to expect that everyone is going to believe tour statements, without proof, as fact.....well that's a different story.

    I'm not going to argue this with you anymore since you seem to like to derail topics where you are wrong. So either pony up with some factual data behind your claims or move along.
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    It became obvious what the problem was with the release and then rollback of the spring patch, so I don't understand why some of you keep trying to find some other mystical reason for why hit detection is bad. It doesn't make sense unless you care more about the argument than the solution.

    Or as you can see....or most likely can't, it's not. We see (again you have chosen to ignore) in many vids the huge bullet deviation that occurs which can make it seem like issues.

    Again why don't you show us this issue you say we all are avoiding to address with some video proof. You must have some recent examples from playing. Maybe from your games you played an hour ago.

    Are you Dice customer support? If you're not you need to stop acting like you're some kind of expert because all you're doing is misleading the community. It's hard to find a thread where you aren't in there saying something that's condescending to another forum member. You have gotten away with this far too long.

    You really should be arguing with the dev because it's him you are contradicting.
    At any rate it's pointless to post a vid here because your conclusions are always the same.

    Then why are you in here arguing. No one here is from DICE so instead if complaining here go complain elsewhere.

    As for misleading, hardly, if you stop ignoring the posts where people acknowledged that it was something else you will see.

    You want to spew negativity, that's your right. You want to blame the game for everything, also your right. But to expect that everyone is going to believe tour statements, without proof, as fact.....well that's a different story.

    I'm not going to argue this with you anymore since you seem to like to derail topics where you are wrong. So either pony up with some factual data behind your claims or move along.

    You have no argument so you're just going to flame me instead. Nice going.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Ok guys this is totally off topic

    *post is off topic thus has been commented out*
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Ok guys this is totally off topic

    *post is off topic thus has been commented out*

    It would be absolutely unbelievable glorious to be able to shot some guys straight in there faces!

    Man I wouldn't be able to stop fireing at them..
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It would take tea bagging to a whole new level.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh man, I'd be gunnin' for you vball, and would hate just as much seeing your face after being killed by you!
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.

    And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

    @kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc

    Most of the issues is the same as BF4. And defenders of BF4 was shouting out It's was bad conection. Until Dice a year after annonced that the game have issues and began to fix them. How can you know itsnot the same here?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.

    And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

    @kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc

    Most of the issues is the same as BF4. And defenders of BF4 was shouting out It's was bad conection. Until Dice a year after annonced that the game have issues and began to fix them. How can you know itsnot the same here?

    There are lots of changes of the code since then. And if you remember many of the poor netcode issues didn't have anything to do with OOR and high ping.

    But again the proof was in videos, that's how they figured out dual FHT values were needed.
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.

    And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

    @kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc

    Most of the issues is the same as BF4. And defenders of BF4 was shouting out It's was bad conection. Until Dice a year after annonced that the game have issues and began to fix them. How can you know itsnot the same here?

    There are lots of changes of the code since then. And if you remember many of the poor netcode issues didn't have anything to do with OOR and high ping.

    But again the proof was in videos, that's how they figured out dual FHT values were needed.

    Then Dice's server must be crap. Because i dont have problems with other fps games. The only BF game i didn't have problems with is BC2.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.

    And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

    @kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc

    Most of the issues is the same as BF4. And defenders of BF4 was shouting out It's was bad conection. Until Dice a year after annonced that the game have issues and began to fix them. How can you know itsnot the same here?

    There are lots of changes of the code since then. And if you remember many of the poor netcode issues didn't have anything to do with OOR and high ping.

    But again the proof was in videos, that's how they figured out dual FHT values were needed.

    Then Dice's server must be crap. Because i dont have problems with other fps games. The only BF game i didn't have problems with is BC2.

    Other games dont have the same mechanics as well like bullet deviation and projectile physics. For example you dont have to lead a target in cod.

    Not saying there arent issues, but thingls like bullet deviation, velocity, and other mechanics give the illusion to hit reg issues.
  • Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So maybe other games mechanics are better than Dice's. And all i know is that after a new patch issues and hit detection behave strange. And for about 10 month hit detecion was just fine.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Lots of vids showing how broken the game is but the video analysis expert here always blames the player or their internet so what's the use of posting a vid.

    And there have been screenshots of those vids showing that it was a miss, latency icons, etc. Some people get salty about being criticized. Others see the evidence, and move on. And other choose to just ignore it and pretend like there is no counter to their claims.

    @kniphtee there is a bug that has been identified with shotguns not causing damage. It is being looked into since players have shown indisputable proof. The tank issue (where shots are not being acknowledged) is also being looked at. Both at first were being blamed for something else, once you thoroughly watch the vids though you see it's a bug and nothing to do with oor, lag, internet, etc etc

    Most of the issues is the same as BF4. And defenders of BF4 was shouting out It's was bad conection. Until Dice a year after annonced that the game have issues and began to fix them. How can you know itsnot the same here?

    There are lots of changes of the code since then. And if you remember many of the poor netcode issues didn't have anything to do with OOR and high ping.

    But again the proof was in videos, that's how they figured out dual FHT values were needed.

    Then Dice's server must be crap. Because i dont have problems with other fps games. The only BF game i didn't have problems with is BC2.

    I never had issues with bc2 either!
    Sure a bit lagy hitboxes sometimes. But that was about it.

    And that game had projectile physics and bullet travel time. But it still feelt really consistent!

    Nowadays its the same bullcrap in every online fps on ps4.

    Its almost like the entire ps4 goes crazy when your up against players with bad Internet.
    Its like the ps4 gets a brainfreeze!

    Aim wont turn properly.
    Recoil behaves strange.
    Fps dips.
    Etc etc.

    Its the same in almost every fps game.
    And its almost always when you go up against players with crazy bad Internet.

    Bf1 and its ridiculously over exaggerated mechanics, doesn't help. That's for sure!

    Its almost like they made the mechanics like they are, to mask hitdetection issues..
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played a little the past couple of days and it was so so during the day time hours, the real issues showed up when more than 3 or 4 100ms+ players would join. Funny how I went from being in the top 3 every game to going negative when these players were in the game. Also noticed a player with 600ms shot me I got network icons popping up, only happened when he shot me. No vid, will never post another vid here because of you-know-who.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In the recent CTE weapon patch it seems DICE has corrected some of the erratic hits and non-hits when using shotguns so they are more predictable - have not tried it yet but it is on my to do list.
    As far as hit reg to other forms of gunplay on the vanilla side, it all comes down to the high pingers in the server since this seems to be the culprit for ruining the gameplay - as far as I can tell and it is not from just the one high ping player and the interaction with that player - it bogs down the whole server and makes gameplay guess-play.
    Jumped on Friday - the first game in was lousy lag as I just jumped in and that seems to happen, the next two games there was only two players whose ping hung around 80-90 and the gameplay was - excuse the word - wonderful...then the wheels came off on the last map (that I played) as plenty of players out and plenty of players in and the server had 9 players over 150 ping and several fluctuated up to 999 and some others that hung around 400 - - - the game was a joke and I was using the ribeye - more bullets to spray and not as cheap as the automatico.
    This game play is what leaves the nasty taste which is why I leave the controller and game off for several days.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Gentlemen, I've not been following this thread recently so im a little in the dark. What does the new Low Ping Network Latency option do? Something related to lag comp, I'm not sure I want it to compensate for me but thought I'd ask you guys.

    Also, since I've not checked this thread recently, last I remember we had kill trades enabled and lag comp up to 200 ping then both were nerfed. Have we had any major changes to netcode after this?
Sign In or Register to comment.