Hit Detection

Comments

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Been playing off and on all day. Not one single wtf moment. Hitreg has felt consistent with zero hiccups.

mid 20's ping on east coast server....PC.

I am in a peasant PS4 and the new maps are a soup of inconsistent hit reg.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have always found the days after an update are the worst. Placebo? Possibly. Which is why I always wait a week or so to judge how it plays.
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm worried these changes will go live before the aim assist fixes do, if so, it'll ruin any skilled shooting in the game.
    Unfortunately you can take this one to the bank. Will be surprised if I'm wrong, but if history tells us anything what goes in CTE will likely come out the other side in retail very soon with relatively no adjustments. And as Julian told me aim assist has yet to be tested on console at all and likely won't until next month...well, there you have it.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    I have always found the days after an update are the worst. Placebo? Possibly. Which is why I always wait a week or so to judge how it plays.

I agree, not sure if traffic is flooded or what, but the first week seems a mess then it all clears up. Unless it's your internet that's the culprit.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Been playing off and on all day. Not one single wtf moment. Hitreg has felt consistent with zero hiccups.

mid 20's ping on east coast server....PC.

If the servers have low ping players the game goes great but if there are some high ping players and/or players whose pings are all over and/or the few players that have 300+ with spikes then the experience is a mess. I just click over to the scoreboard and take a peek before I go rage quitting or adding more rants to this thread.
    With the premium maps two week early access we get all kinds jumpy gameplay from the limited player count on premium so the servers might be stressed from players all over so expect hiccups and use it as time to learn the maps, unlock some doodads, maybe laugh at some things. Too many people freaking out on the new maps and how bad it is - it's between CTE and vanilla. When the maps go more public in two weeks all things will be washed away and people will be complaining about the sniper fest on all the wide open Russian maps...another forum thread perhaps...until then enjoy the pretty maps, some wonky maps and have some fun.

ping hangs around 25, US E. on xbone
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The more I test the more I feel high ping is not always to blame for a bad game experience. I mean many high ping players don't seem to do well in matches. But damn, those players with ping fluctuations all over the place, now they really seem to mess with the game experience.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The more I test the more I feel high ping is not always to blame for a bad game experience. I mean many high ping players don't seem to do well in matches. But damn, those players with ping fluctuations all over the place, now they really seem to mess with the game experience.

Agreed but i'm tired knit-picking things like joining in the middle of a match - everything is off from sound to visuals until the next match (typically) things are evened out. There are games that it seems like the play is completely out of sync but most times if there are those high and/or fluctuating ping players in a match - I know what I'm in for so take it with a grain of salt (and pepper to taste) and move on. Perhaps it is placebo where I check the score screen and if there are high or floating ping players I just 'Let It Go' (daughter taught me that one - mean Elsa), I take the game less serious than past titles.
    We know shotguns are bugged and they are tweaking the weapon balance on CTE so weapons will do more dmg which will be more influenced by high ping fluctuation (like single frame deaths, etc.) - so let's hope they ditch: suppression, random gun sway, random bullet deviation, other uncontrollable factors for bullets not going where we aim and then add in: ping limiters and/or region locks, 2x the head shot multiplier, the funny body movements like head bobbing, plus add some of the weapon variations we'd just like to have and/or basic weapon customization...we'll see where they go.
  • lionelbonnaz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • kniphtee

Those little icons on the right side of the screen mean packet loss or data latency or whatever - basically - your game will be horribly lagged out and your game will look like your vids.

Suggestions only here as I have no idea about this stuff however:
    1. Play in own region, don't quick match - the new maps might be difficult due to the premium requirement
    2. Hard wire your internet connection to whatever platform you are on
    3. Check the scoreboard from time to time to see what your average ping is - optimal is 30 or less and I would guess from those spiffy icons that it was much higher than 30 - but then again I don't remember what those icons mean other than the game is basically not playable.

best advise I have unless you have these things already covered in which case chat with tolapsium or rev over drive - they know way more on this stuff.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

Agreed, typically it can be nasty. Yet I had zero issues. East coast servers are getting hammered too. My browser showed 86 packed servers. And still the game played beautifully.

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    @kniphtee
    N6VoFlw.png

@lionelbonnaz

Turn on the Network Performance Graph, take a screenshot when it gets crappy, repost here. We'll walk you through the data.
  • kniphtee

Gracias.
  • kniphtee

Agreed, typically it can be nasty. Yet I had zero issues. East coast servers are getting hammered too. My browser showed 86 packed servers. And still the game played beautifully.

Speaking on the placebo / update and the gameplay immediately thereafter - it seems there are many things that happen and DICE doctors up the easy fixes during the two week window. There's also much to be said for premium members having the early access bombarding the limited servers from wherever and throwing lag/latency all over - to a degree. Then there's the third point which is - everything is all new. So aspect, dimensions, seeing things you've seen in other maps but how they lay them and how it plays is off to what we are used too and then all the trip hazards and what looks like it can be walked over has to be jumped etc. etc. The new it's all different feeling, people like comfortable and new but the new has to feel all warm, fuzzy and easy...like the same old hat. Some people scream the game is broke all the while DICE tweaks this and that then everyone gets to play and the maps are old hat in a few weeks and you look back at yourself like why was I complaining about some little piece of rubble. Some maps and weapons need balanced - i'm sure there's data collection somewhere for that...and hopefully the moderators send over repeated issues to a dev to fix.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I am in agreement so far regarding this update. I still reserve judgement. So far so good IMO.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sounds promising
  • Rev0verDrive
    Getting ready to test it out with the new Gb fiber line. :D
  • VBALL_MVP

For me it was better but what sucks is that the route I take to East coast servers goes out of at&t's network so my 1gb fiber drops to around 450mbps.

Still better than Comcast though.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited September 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

For me it was better but what sucks is that the route I take to East coast servers goes out of at&t's network so my 1gb fiber drops to around 450mbps.

my Comcast line 250Mbps had me at mid/upper 20's ... new line has me at 6-9ms. I'm in Virginia ... West coast dropped down to 69ms.

Wth63fF.jpg
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited September 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

my Comcast line 250Mbps had me at mid/upper 20's ... new line has me at 6-9ms. I'm in Virginia ... West coast dropped down to 69ms.

Wth63fF.jpg

Wow, Comcast really had you hopping around. For me in Chicago Comcast gave me about 36ms, AT&T 22ms. West coast didn't change much, around 58ms.
  • mmarkweII
    Wait. What? You mean to tell me your fiber internet doesn't take you all the way to the DICE servers!? Interesting........ :neutral: