Hit Detection

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    Wait. What? You mean to tell me your fiber internet doesn't take you all the way to the DICE servers!? Interesting........ :neutral:

Yeah, looks like false advertising. I want my money back.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Wait. What? You mean to tell me your fiber internet doesn't take you all the way to the DICE servers!? Interesting........ :neutral:

Yeah, looks like false advertising. I want my money back.

Lol
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah, looks like false advertising.

Common sense is OP.
    I want my money back.

Until you said that. :naughty:
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So the server performance icon is accurate?
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

so far from what I've been seeing.

Only server anomaly I've seen is delayed kill messages. Anywhere from 15 to 30 second delays. Always from 120ms+ players.

srv tick is in good shape, variance less than 1%, packet loss 0%, latency 12-15ms max.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Only server anomaly I've seen is delayed kill messages. Anywhere from 15 to 30 second delays. Always from 120ms+ players.

srv tick is in good shape, variance less than 1%, packet loss 0%, latency 12-15ms max.

Isn't there a bug where the server icon shows at the end of the round? Just wondering because I see it fairly often.
  • Rev0verDrive

Isn't there a bug where the server icon shows at the end of the round? Just wondering because I see it fairly often.

Don't know of a bug. I haven't seen the server performance icon in over 6-7 months....Now in BF4 I see it at least 4-5 times a month.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes it usually comes on at the end of a round.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Bug? No.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah it's usually at the end if the round. Nothing I see that breaking, or a bug.
    Post edited by VBALL_MVP on
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's usually at the end if the round. Nothing I see that breaking, or a bug.

It sends the wrong message. I'm guessing it's the server caching the round and that makes it miss a tick, but seeing that perf icon at the end of almost every round is misleading, at the least.
  • VBALL_MVP

It sends the wrong message. I'm guessing it's the server caching the round and that makes it miss a tick, but seeing that perf icon at the end of almost every round is misleading, at the least.

It could be or because it's processing all the end round data it's taxing the server. So it that case it would be legit.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It could be or because it's processing all the end round data it's taxing the server. So it that case it would be legit.

But it's after the game has stopped. It's irrelevant and gives the wrong impression. Processing/caching really isn't the point.

Point is its a normal server spike and shouldn't be reported to the clients as a stall.
  • VBALL_MVP

But it's after the game has stopped. It's irrelevant and gives the wrong impression. Processing/caching really isn't the point.

Point is its a normal server spike and shouldn't be reported to the clients as a stall.

But there is a delay when everyone receives the game ending animation....so for those that didnt get it yet woukd see this icon.

For clarity I don't see it after the game is ended on the screen but a moment before it ends. If I had the equipment to measure I would assume the delay is close to my latency.
  • KingTolapsium

But there is a delay when everyone receives the game ending animation....so for those that didnt get it yet woukd see this icon.

For clarity I don't see it after the game is ended on the screen but a moment before it ends. If I had the equipment to measure I would assume the delay is close to my latency.

Doesn't make the information useful.
  • PsychoRat66
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is some SERIOUS hit detection issues happening on the Russian DLC servers today. At first I thought it was just while flying planes. Then I started not getting any hit detections running soldier classes. It just cost my team a round on Galisia that we should have won by a very large margin. The hit detection problem started on the previous map, Albion, and was limited to planes, I thought, but thinking back I had some detection issues as a medic that I thought were just near misses. My ping/latency is running at 50 today, which is on par with the majority of my teammates. This is seriously messed up. Somebody on the DICE/EA side must know this is happening. How couldn't they. Fix that s**t ASAP. Or shut down the servers and figure out what the issue is. Don't care. Just fix that s**t!
  • VBALL_MVP
    There is some SERIOUS hit detection issues happening on the Russian DLC servers today. At first I thought it was just while flying planes. Then I started not getting any hit detections running soldier classes. It just cost my team a round on Galisia that we should have won by a very large margin. The hit detection problem started on the previous map, Albion, and was limited to planes, I thought, but thinking back I had some detection issues as a medic that I thought were just near misses. My ping/latency is running at 50 today, which is on par with the majority of my teammates. This is seriously messed up. Somebody on the DICE/EA side must know this is happening. How couldn't they. Fix that s**t ASAP. Or shut down the servers and figure out what the issue is. Don't care. Just fix that s**t!

There is not much detail here in what issues you were having.
  • PsychoRat66
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What kind of details do you want? For example, flying fighter plane and I'm all over several attack planes and fighter planes, on their tail and matching move for move. All of my hits are landing, pieces of plane breaking off and my opponent should have gone down, but no damage, none, zero. On the ground hits registering fine for a spawn or two and then suddenly no hits registering. Again, the rounds are hitting their mark, opponent stuttering from the impacts and dust/blood splattering off, but no damage. This has NEVER happened in all of the time I've put in playing BF1 since December. Lately I've had ping/latency readings of 150-200 in game, and in game only, but even then have never had a situation where hits haven't been registering when they are visibly on the mark.

Does that help?

• mmarkweII

What kind of details do you want? For example, flying fighter plane and I'm all over several attack planes and fighter planes, on their tail and matching move for move. All of my hits are landing, pieces of plane breaking off and my opponent should have gone down, but no damage, none, zero. On the ground hits registering fine for a spawn or two and then suddenly no hits registering. Again, the rounds are hitting their mark, opponent stuttering from the impacts and dust/blood splattering off, but no damage. This has NEVER happened in all of the time I've put in playing BF1 since December. Lately I've had ping/latency readings of 150-200 in game, and in game only, but even then have never had a situation where hits haven't been registering when they are visibly on the mark.

Does that help?

Video would be best IMO.