Hit Detection

Comments

• lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    Was playing a bit of the campaign and the hit detection isn't great there either. That or a high pinger got into my campaign. Check out the enemy that can't be killed. Lol! It's all good!

This video IMO doesn't show anything wrong with hit detection. What it does show is effects such as spread. Even though your crosshairs are on the target, you can still miss due to spread. There were also shots where the crosshairs weren't on target as well.

So, if anything, this video is a great educational tool to educate those who don't understand some of the game's features. Great video. Thanks. :)

No problem. Not really complaining. It is what it is , simple. As far as missing because of spread let's be real. When the other enemies run in front of that one I'm aiming at all of a sudden there is no spread and they die? Lol! That video is edited. There's another 30 seconds prior to what I posted showing that enemy sinkung into the bridge and eating bullets. I'm not upset, thought it was funny. Also have a clip earlier in that level where I shoot at a enemy tank and 14 shots ricochet off of it. Side shots, front, back, every one ricochet s off.

Its just that 90% of the playerbase doesn't understand the features and the gamemechaniks in this game..

Good thing that dice have two guys in the entire world, that understand how it really works. So they can educate the rest of us :wink:
  • VBALL_MVP
    5931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    Was playing a bit of the campaign and the hit detection isn't great there either. That or a high pinger got into my campaign. Check out the enemy that can't be killed. Lol! It's all good!

This video IMO doesn't show anything wrong with hit detection. What it does show is effects such as spread. Even though your crosshairs are on the target, you can still miss due to spread. There were also shots where the crosshairs weren't on target as well.

So, if anything, this video is a great educational tool to educate those who don't understand some of the game's features. Great video. Thanks. :)

No problem. Not really complaining. It is what it is , simple. As far as missing because of spread let's be real. When the other enemies run in front of that one I'm aiming at all of a sudden there is no spread and they die? Lol! That video is edited. There's another 30 seconds prior to what I posted showing that enemy sinkung into the bridge and eating bullets. I'm not upset, thought it was funny. Also have a clip earlier in that level where I shoot at a enemy tank and 14 shots ricochet off of it. Side shots, front, back, every one ricochet s off.

Its just that 90% of the playerbase doesn't understand the features and the gamemechaniks in this game..

Good thing that dice have two guys in the entire world, that understand how it really works. So they can educate the rest of us :wink:

I'm glad you are learning.

They say everytime you learn something an angel gets it's wings.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Yes. Watch the tracers from each round fired. Slow the video down if you need to. If @VBALL_MVP feels inclined and has time, maybe he can break down each round fired and where each round went to show you the how and why they are misses. GG.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Yes. Watch the tracers from each round fired. Slow the video down if you need to. If @VBALL_MVP feels inclined and has time, maybe he can break down each round fired and where each round went to show you the how and why they are misses. GG.

Is there random bullet spread on the tank I was using in the campaign? And if you slow the video down you can see the enemy I'm shooting at sink into the bridge at one point. Then I'm shooting him but no hitmarkers, but when other enemies run in front of him they die, so no bullet spread at that moment? And then when said enemy dies all of a sudden random bullet spread again. Like I said earlier, I'm not complaining ok? I was laughing as it was going on, only posted it to get a laugh not for you guys to come charging to the games defense.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Is there random bullet spread on the tank I was using in the campaign? And if you slow the video down you can see the enemy I'm shooting at sink into the bridge at one point. Then I'm shooting him but no hitmarkers, but when other enemies run in front of him they die, so no bullet spread at that moment? And then when said enemy dies all of a sudden random bullet spread again. Like I said earlier, I'm not complaining ok? I was laughing as it was going on, only posted it to get a laugh not for you guys to come charging to the games defense.

And you wonder why some people don't take others seriously when posting about netcode issues. No worries though because "posting IS caring" -BC
  • HillbillyJohn
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah he missed. lmao!

They are trolling and baiting you for a response. Ignore them and maybe a mod will show up.
  • VBALL_MVP
    5931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017

Yeah he missed. lmao!

They are trolling and baiting you for a response. Ignore them and maybe a mod will show up.

You need to look up those terms. @mmarkweII has every right to disagree with the vid. I also agree that those bullets missed...you can see the spread.
  • HillbillyJohn
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Baiting: Deliberately annoy or taunt (someone).

I'm well aware of what they mean.

• misisipiRivrRat
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Yeah he missed. lmao!

You need to look up those terms. @mmarkweII has every right to disagree with the vid. I also agree that those bullets missed...you can see the spread.

Again, I don't care one way or another, I was having fun. But watch as I'm shooting at the enemy that is sinking into the bridge. I'm not hitting him for whatever reason, spread, my aim. But when another enemy runs in front of him , that guy gets hit, and then suddenly I can't hit the guy I'm originally trying to. I have a longer clip of this part of the game showing 5 different enemies that I kill as they run in front of this one enemy Ican't seem to kill.
  • VBALL_MVP
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Good so you can look something up. Now you need to be able to associate the definition to the action. He disagreed with the person comments....doesnt make him a troll nor does it fit your definition.
  • mmarkweII

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Again, I don't care one way or another, I was having fun. But watch as I'm shooting at the enemy that is sinking into the bridge. I'm not hitting him for whatever reason, spread, my aim. But when another enemy runs in front of him , that guy gets hit, and then suddenly I can't hit the guy I'm originally trying to. I have a longer clip of this part of the game showing 5 different enemies that I kill as they run in front of this one enemy Ican't seem to kill.

Since this is the campaign part of the game, it should be extremely easy to replicate IMO. I mean, try shooting the enemies with bursts, or single shots instead of full auto. You just might see a difference in how that particular weapon works. My .02 :)
  • misisipiRivrRat

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Since this is the campaign part of the game, it should be extremely easy to replicate IMO. I mean, try shooting the enemies with bursts, or single shots instead of full auto. You just might see a difference in how that particular weapon works. My .02 :)

Yeah I restarted the level to find some more of the codex but didn't have any problems with killing any enemies. No bullet spread this time I guess.
    Serious question though. When releasing a patch does that in any way have some effect on the campaign? I took 14 shots on the enemy landship from front, side and behind. Every shot was a ricochet. Finally had to exit the tank and blow it up with explosives. Just asking because I've read about this ricocheting thing being an issue in multiplayer.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Yeah I restarted the level to find some more of the codex but didn't have any problems with killing any enemies. No bullet spread this time I guess.
    Serious question though. When releasing a patch does that in any way have some effect on the campaign? I took 14 shots on the enemy landship from front, side and behind. Every shot was a ricochet. Finally had to exit the tank and blow it up with explosives. Just asking because I've read about this ricocheting thing being an issue in multiplayer.

Depends on what is modified. But generally it applies to both SP and MP. For example if you change sprint velocity for MP the change will be seen in SP. The stat values are global to both.
  • misisipiRivrRat

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Depends on what is modified. But generally it applies to both SP and MP. For example if you change sprint velocity for MP the change will be seen in SP. The stat values are global to both.

Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's even more deeper facts in that subject, and quite a bit of research have gone in to it.

The mainstream trolls are really easy to deal with. Its the other types that are most devastating to the platforms they use.

Many of them are actually suffering from mental illnesses, witch makes them lack the ability to actually see their own behavior.

Quite interesting subject may I say :smile:
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had a guy yesterday on the Russian maps rolling in the Mark V and there were two snipers using K bullets and three assaults using anti-tank guns - we had 13 straight ricochets firing from positions several meters apart on different points. He (or she) of course killed me so a spawned back in and dumped 5 more K bullets - all ricochets and i changed where i was shooting each time - trying to hit the treads the last few shots straight on - no angle - to no avail.
    Have no idea what this means but it freaked me out and the same guy, next round in another Mark V, balled all round long going 69-2 - playing on xbone, Operation maps. I'm not saying he was cheating but something was quite amiss...I quit out.
  • digga11
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Something is definitely amiss more now than it has been with high pingers.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Would you mind refreshing my memory on whether or not I should leave the low network smoothing option on or off?
  • VBALL_MVP
    Ram1c wrote: »

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Would you mind refreshing my memory on whether or not I should leave the low network smoothing option on or off?

I have it off
  • misisipiRivrRat
    kniphtee wrote: »
    Had a guy yesterday on the Russian maps rolling in the Mark V and there were two snipers using K bullets and three assaults using anti-tank guns - we had 13 straight ricochets firing from positions several meters apart on different points. He (or she) of course killed me so a spawned back in and dumped 5 more K bullets - all ricochets and i changed where i was shooting each time - trying to hit the treads the last few shots straight on - no angle - to no avail.
    Have no idea what this means but it freaked me out and the same guy, next round in another Mark V, balled all round long going 69-2 - playing on xbone, Operation maps. I'm not saying he was cheating but something was quite amiss...I quit out.

The ricocheting is also happening in the campaign believe it or not. 14 shots on the landship from the tank you drive in the campaign , all ricochets. This morning I'm finishing the fog part of the campaign and you have to destroy the small tanks. Again with the ricochets.