Hit Detection

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Was playing a bit of the campaign and the hit detection isn't great there either. That or a high pinger got into my campaign. Check out the enemy that can't be killed. Lol! It's all good!

This video IMO doesn't show anything wrong with hit detection. What it does show is effects such as spread. Even though your crosshairs are on the target, you can still miss due to spread. There were also shots where the crosshairs weren't on target as well.

So, if anything, this video is a great educational tool to educate those who don't understand some of the game's features. Great video. Thanks. :)

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Yes. Watch the tracers from each round fired. Slow the video down if you need to. If @VBALL_MVP feels inclined and has time, maybe he can break down each round fired and where each round went to show you the how and why they are misses. GG.

Is there random bullet spread on the tank I was using in the campaign? And if you slow the video down you can see the enemy I'm shooting at sink into the bridge at one point. Then I'm shooting him but no hitmarkers, but when other enemies run in front of him they die, so no bullet spread at that moment? And then when said enemy dies all of a sudden random bullet spread again. Like I said earlier, I'm not complaining ok? I was laughing as it was going on, only posted it to get a laugh not for you guys to come charging to the games defense.

They are trolling and baiting you for a response. Ignore them and maybe a mod will show up.

You need to look up those terms. @mmarkweII has every right to disagree with the vid. I also agree that those bullets missed...you can see the spread.

Again, I don't care one way or another, I was having fun. But watch as I'm shooting at the enemy that is sinking into the bridge. I'm not hitting him for whatever reason, spread, my aim. But when another enemy runs in front of him , that guy gets hit, and then suddenly I can't hit the guy I'm originally trying to. I have a longer clip of this part of the game showing 5 different enemies that I kill as they run in front of this one enemy Ican't seem to kill.

Since this is the campaign part of the game, it should be extremely easy to replicate IMO. I mean, try shooting the enemies with bursts, or single shots instead of full auto. You just might see a difference in how that particular weapon works. My .02 :)

Yeah I restarted the level to find some more of the codex but didn't have any problems with killing any enemies. No bullet spread this time I guess.
    Serious question though. When releasing a patch does that in any way have some effect on the campaign? I took 14 shots on the enemy landship from front, side and behind. Every shot was a ricochet. Finally had to exit the tank and blow it up with explosives. Just asking because I've read about this ricocheting thing being an issue in multiplayer.

Depends on what is modified. But generally it applies to both SP and MP. For example if you change sprint velocity for MP the change will be seen in SP. The stat values are global to both.

Would you mind refreshing my memory on whether or not I should leave the low network smoothing option on or off?

First off you don't want to turn it on unless your ping is 30ms or less.
    Secondly I wouldn't recommend it unless the majority of your opponents are above 120ms.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Was playing a bit of the campaign and the hit detection isn't great there either. That or a high pinger got into my campaign. Check out the enemy that can't be killed. Lol! It's all good!

This video IMO doesn't show anything wrong with hit detection. What it does show is effects such as spread. Even though your crosshairs are on the target, you can still miss due to spread. There were also shots where the crosshairs weren't on target as well.

So, if anything, this video is a great educational tool to educate those who don't understand some of the game's features. Great video. Thanks. :)

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Yes. Watch the tracers from each round fired. Slow the video down if you need to. If @VBALL_MVP feels inclined and has time, maybe he can break down each round fired and where each round went to show you the how and why they are misses. GG.

Is there random bullet spread on the tank I was using in the campaign? And if you slow the video down you can see the enemy I'm shooting at sink into the bridge at one point. Then I'm shooting him but no hitmarkers, but when other enemies run in front of him they die, so no bullet spread at that moment? And then when said enemy dies all of a sudden random bullet spread again. Like I said earlier, I'm not complaining ok? I was laughing as it was going on, only posted it to get a laugh not for you guys to come charging to the games defense.

They are trolling and baiting you for a response. Ignore them and maybe a mod will show up.

You need to look up those terms. @mmarkweII has every right to disagree with the vid. I also agree that those bullets missed...you can see the spread.

Again, I don't care one way or another, I was having fun. But watch as I'm shooting at the enemy that is sinking into the bridge. I'm not hitting him for whatever reason, spread, my aim. But when another enemy runs in front of him , that guy gets hit, and then suddenly I can't hit the guy I'm originally trying to. I have a longer clip of this part of the game showing 5 different enemies that I kill as they run in front of this one enemy Ican't seem to kill.

Since this is the campaign part of the game, it should be extremely easy to replicate IMO. I mean, try shooting the enemies with bursts, or single shots instead of full auto. You just might see a difference in how that particular weapon works. My .02 :)

Yeah I restarted the level to find some more of the codex but didn't have any problems with killing any enemies. No bullet spread this time I guess.
    Serious question though. When releasing a patch does that in any way have some effect on the campaign? I took 14 shots on the enemy landship from front, side and behind. Every shot was a ricochet. Finally had to exit the tank and blow it up with explosives. Just asking because I've read about this ricocheting thing being an issue in multiplayer.

Depends on what is modified. But generally it applies to both SP and MP. For example if you change sprint velocity for MP the change will be seen in SP. The stat values are global to both.

Would you mind refreshing my memory on whether or not I should leave the low network smoothing option on or off?

Secondly I wouldn't recommend it unless the majority of your opponents are above 120ms.

Could you or anyone jump in and explain why it’s better to have it off, for my information? I use it, but I usually have 25ms latency on US East. Is it one of those things where it’s supposed to improve things, but actually doesn’t?
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    P

Yeah he missed. lmao!

Thanks, I suspected I should keep it off.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Could you or anyone jump in and explain why it’s better to have it off, for my information? I use it, but I usually have 25ms latency on US East. Is it one of those things where it’s supposed to improve things, but actually doesn’t?

Its primary purpose is to buffer movements of other players in order to smooth out their movement animations on your screen.

It's only effective out to a short range (30m radius). Anybody beyond that range you aren't receiving updates for at 60Hz, thus you aren't smoothing. It doesn't apply to anyone under the servers high latency threshold either. So on US servers a player at 159ms ping isn't smoothed (as far as I remember).
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    Had a guy yesterday on the Russian maps rolling in the Mark V and there were two snipers using K bullets and three assaults using anti-tank guns - we had 13 straight ricochets firing from positions several meters apart on different points. He (or she) of course killed me so a spawned back in and dumped 5 more K bullets - all ricochets and i changed where i was shooting each time - trying to hit the treads the last few shots straight on - no angle - to no avail.
    Have no idea what this means but it freaked me out and the same guy, next round in another Mark V, balled all round long going 69-2 - playing on xbone, Operation maps. I'm not saying he was cheating but something was quite amiss...I quit out.

The ricocheting is also happening in the campaign believe it or not. 14 shots on the landship from the tank you drive in the campaign , all ricochets. This morning I'm finishing the fog part of the campaign and you have to destroy the small tanks. Again with the ricochets.

How do they break something from multiplayer to the campaign and why would they be playing with a basic function that wasn't broke? Some of the things they've dabbled with verse the things that need fixed have really made it easier to just watch football - it has become quite frustrating. Single frame deaths are probably the most annoying when the servers are stretched on the operation game modes.
  • digga11
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also played the campaign last night for the laugh and you are right the tank hits are screwed up.
    I also joined a server with 8 people playing Tdm some were obviously OOR some not but it just shows how difficult to kill they are. I exchanged messages with the oor guy and he was surprised he was able to win so easily.
    I expected some more from this months update.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    I also played the campaign last night for the laugh and you are right the tank hits are screwed up.
    I also joined a server with 8 people playing Tdm some were obviously OOR some not but it just shows how difficult to kill they are. I exchanged messages with the oor guy and he was surprised he was able to win so easily.

Got video of this? Really would like to see the TDM claims.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Don't you ever get tired?
    Why is the highpingers scepticism something that you hate so much. that you have to dedicate more time on this forum hunting victims, then playing the game. That you defend with claws and teeth..

The game have to be exceptionally broken, since this forum sees more action then the game it's about..
  • ButtOwipo
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have not posted here in a while but I feel like something is wrong ever since the Russian expansion. I have had the best gaming experience with BF series until that expansion came out . All kinds of strange things happen:

1. Hits clearly not registering, no hit marker shows. It happens daily, at least 3-4 times a round. I play almost every day for 1-2 hours
    2. Unable to spawn on a person because team mate is dead. That is fine, BUT why do I spawn to the map only to be brought back to the spawn map, zoom in and then it zooms out.
    3. OMG glitching on terrain. There are so many spots on common areas of the map where people lay down and simply can not be killed. I dont think players abuse that because the are most likely not aware that they are "invincible". Most likely to happen when laying down on a sloped surface.
    4. On the italian map when playing operations one starts in the church. Well, if you have a good connection and spawn with the timer before it starts the roof falls down. You either die or have 30 in HP, comon , is that going to be fixed or what?
    5. The tank/airplane spawning menu is garbage, how many times have the players told you EA/DICE? It does not work well, it glitches most of the time. You select an airplane, and by the time you choose a different plane you have lost your spawn it just gives you red circle.
    6. It shows wrong weapon when killed, often times. I got killed by a bomber and the person was shooting mortars, no bomber in air.

Lets not repeat BF4 please, that game turned back to normal after last expansion.
  • HillbillyJohn
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »

Why is the highpingers scepticism something that you hate so much. that you have to dedicate more time on this forum hunting victims, then playing the game. That you defend with claws and teeth..

The game have to be exceptionally broken, since this forum sees more action then the game it's about..

He's baiting and trolling and really needs to be reported.
  • digga11
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Don’t worry I won’t be replying to him.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What because I don't think factless accusations shouldn't be questioned?

That's fine you don't have too. But without proof it's hard to believe it's anything more than just you having a bad game.
  • HillbillyJohn
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More baiting...when will it stop.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Stop derailing the thread...seriously.
  • HillbillyJohn

I mostly play tdm and I totally agree with you. A lot of times the players over 100ms are harder to kill.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That's fine you don't have too. But without proof it's hard to believe it's anything more than just you having a bad game.

No not at all!
    It's the way you present those dissbelievs and your scepticism.

Its almost like you want people to get upset and angry.. Cant understand why you would want that?

@HillbillyJohn hit me with an invite next time you play. Maybe that can make me dig up the bf1 disc from the bottom of my trashcan!
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited November 2017

No not at all!

Its almost like you want people to get upset and angry.. Cant understand why you would want that?

@HillbillyJohn hit me with an invite next time you play. Maybe that can make me dig up the bf1 disc from the bottom of my trashcan!

Without proof all it is is assumptions, rumors, and conspiracy. It's easy to have skepticism when the results are not consistent, the majority of the vids have been debunked, and when many have network and connectivity issues.

Want to eliminate skepticism? Bring hard facts and data proof. Not bitter accusations.
  • lizzard

No not at all!

Without proof all it is is assumptions, rumors, and conspiracy. It's easy to have skepticism when the results are not consistent, the majority of the vids have been debunked, and when many have network and connectivity issues.

Want to eliminate skepticism? Bring hard facts and data proof. Not bitter accusations.

But you have debunked videos claiming it as fact. While the developers and the netcode engineer actually said there was real issues in the same videos!

For example. Remember how you debunked many of those invisible player videos?
    And then you where proven wrong.. Witch resulted in you not responding further in that matter.

How is it that it's only your wieew of how the "gamemechaniks" work. That is correct and viable?

Seriously.. If 50 players have the knowledge that a action normaly results in a way. And then it doesn't!
    Why is it you're opinion on what's normal, that is supposed to be the correct explanation for that action?
    You don't contribute with video evidence to back your "facts".. But you demand video evidence several times a day from people.

What's the root cause of this behavior of yours?
  • VBALL_MVP

No not at all!

But you have debunked videos claiming it as fact. While the developers and the netcode engineer actually said there was real issues in the same videos!

For example. Remember how you debunked many of those invisible player videos?
    And then you where proven wrong.. Witch resulted in you not responding further in that matter.

How is it that it's only your wieew of how the "gamemechaniks" work. That is correct and viable?

Seriously.. If 50 players have the knowledge that a action normaly results in a way. And then it doesn't!
    Why is it you're opinion on what's normal, that is supposed to be the correct explanation for that action?
    You don't contribute with video evidence to back your "facts".. But you demand video evidence several times a day from people.

What's the root cause of this behavior of yours?

Actually the invisible players were a glitch as stated by the developers...nothing with high ping.

As for debunking videos, I wasn't the only one to point out the flaws, you just choose to ignore anything that goes against your theories.

As for not contributing vids...I have...again you choose to ignore things that don't go in your favor. On top of that I have supported what issues I have seen in other vids with screenshots and detailed description of why I disagree with the posters statements....again something you choose to ignore.

And 50 people acknowledging something (which really hasn't happened unless your counting the alts some have made) that's still less than 1% of the community..not really an epidemic.

But hey...ignore it all...its easier to blame something like high ping for everything and call this game trash, obviously the other FPS games must have even worse tolerance if people keep coming back to this game.
  • digga11
    My god does he ever stop.