Hit Detection

Comments

• lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    RakkTalk wrote: »
    I had a problem today playing in a server where I was hitting a target dead on right in front of me, just a few meters and there was no hit markers detected at all. They then would hit me with a couple shots and I would die. This is only the first time this has happened, but mainly because I don't use handguns most of the time and this was an event for handguns only. Any ideas on this?

Hard to tell. Could be many different things? Were you able to record the instance?

We all know that dice likes to put a lot of blanks in the magazine's.
    Like two blanks for every live round.
    Until we can manually load our weapons with quality ammunition, there won't be any change.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    lizzard wrote: »
    RakkTalk wrote: »
    I had a problem today playing in a server where I was hitting a target dead on right in front of me, just a few meters and there was no hit markers detected at all. They then would hit me with a couple shots and I would die. This is only the first time this has happened, but mainly because I don't use handguns most of the time and this was an event for handguns only. Any ideas on this?

Hard to tell. Could be many different things? Were you able to record the instance?

We all know that dice likes to put a lot of blanks in the magazine's.
    Like two blanks for every live round.
    Until we can manually load our weapons with quality ammunition, there won't be any change.

Funny since my ammo seems to shoot just fine.
  • CurvedTax769796
    145 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As I've said before I'm not to tech savvy and even though I've voiced complaints not one of them has been a complaint about someone else's weapons being more powerful or better than mine but if hit detection isn't an issue why haven't I received an explanation for this. I empty a fully loaded 20 round magazine from a BAR, which fires a 30/06 that is slightly larger than a .308, at no more than 10 feet away using the height of the opposing character as a guide. All 20 rounds land squarely center mass and my opponent's body is convulsing from impact yet it doesn't drop them. Body armor didn't really exist as we know it and even the body armor of today is incapable of withstanding that. So if not hit detection then what is it? I've yet to get a verified explanation
  • rock1obsta
    3751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Funny since my ammo seems to shoot just fine.

You really need to stop trolling on the forum mate. If there is no hit detection problem then lets have an official response saying that. Until then the moderators/Dices silence on the matter leads to only one conclusion. And before you start I will break it down for you:

If a company was getting daily complaints over the same issue that were unjustified they would put them to rest ASAP trust me.

Come on Dice lets fix or refund your plant wont keep me quiet.

C'mon now. We all know that it's everyone's crap internet, or zip code, or hard drive that's causing hit reg problems.

It's most definitely not DICE. The dev who came here for awhile was obviously lying about high ping advantage when he said it was a real issue that needs work, but in reality it's just everyone's internet.

/s
  • CurvedTax769796
    Any suggestions to help resolve? If it's my internet provider not much I can do about that but at least I've an explanation. Computer and internet technology is out of my realm. Didn't exist when I was in school and have never needed it in my occupation. The only computer I know how to work is the electronics on my boat
  • digga11
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    Any suggestions to help resolve? If it's my internet provider not much I can do about that but at least I've an explanation. Computer and internet technology is out of my realm. Didn't exist when I was in school and have never needed it in my occupation. The only computer I know how to work is the electronics on my boat

What console are you one buddy. And who is your isp supplier.To help rule out your side you can try forwarding the required ports on your router or put your console in a dmz on your router. There are certain settings you can change on your console that may help.
    I suggest you google these and read about it abit first. Port forward.com is a good site where it goes thru the steps with a lot of routers.
    There are certain sites such as dsl reports where you can test your connection for stability and bufferbloat ect.
    Try to play when no one else is using the internet and see if it makes a difference.
    There are issues with hit detection in the game but I myself have not seen them as bad as you state but I have seen other people state similar.
    Do you get these issues in smaller game modes as well as large.
    How do other games play.
    Don’t worry about being not too tech savvy the inter net is a great place to learn this stuff. You just take it step by step and press the hard reset button if it goes **** up.
    If your into gaming buddy your going to have to pick abit up it’ll help in the long run.
  • CurvedTax769796
    Thank you very much for the great information. Twice I've been asked for most of the information by 2 different people who I assume are part of the developers team. Once about 3 weeks ago and he other about a week but haven't gotten a response. Now with your information I can do some exploring myself. Thanks again
  • digga11
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thank you very much for the great information. Twice I've been asked for most of the information by 2 different people who I assume are part of the developers team. Once about 3 weeks ago and he other about a week but haven't gotten a response. Now with your information I can do some exploring myself. Thanks again

You’re welcome bud. Where in the world are you and who is your isp supplier.
    I only ask this as if you’re in the uk I may be able to offer some further advice.
    The first step I would take is to connect your console by lan cable if you can.
  • CurvedTax769796
    I'm located in the north western part of Idaho in the United States. My provider is Cable 1 and I have to admit isn't the best I've experienced and unfortunately where I'm located there isn't much better at the time being
  • digga11
    I'm located in the north western part of Idaho in the United States. My provider is Cable 1 and I have to admit isn't the best I've experienced and unfortunately where I'm located there isn't much better at the time being

All you can do then buddy is run the relevant tests and if I were you either port forward or dmz the console and see if it makes a difference you’ll have to give the console a static ip first but that’s not too hard the dmz option is probably the easiest to do.. As I’ve said just google it and take your time. Google up your router and get familiar with it. Perhaps you can enlist some help from a more tech savvy friend as I always find two heads are better than one.
    Good luck.
  • CurvedTax769796
    Will do. I already have someone in mind that works with computers
  • digga11
    Will do. I already have someone in mind that works with computers

Great and when they are doing it take a look and if needed run thru it a few times so you get a idea of what’s going on. It’s only scary untill you get your head round it.
    Once your in there you can have a tinker yourself.
  • HillbillyJohn
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    digga11 wrote: »

What console are you one buddy. And who is your isp supplier.To help rule out your side you can try forwarding the required ports on your router or put your console in a dmz on your router. There are certain settings you can change on your console that may help.
    I suggest you google these and read about it abit first. Port forward.com is a good site where it goes thru the steps with a lot of routers.
    There are certain sites such as dsl reports where you can test your connection for stability and bufferbloat ect.
    Try to play when no one else is using the internet and see if it makes a difference.
    There are issues with hit detection in the game but I myself have not seen them as bad as you state but I have seen other people state similar.
    Do you get these issues in smaller game modes as well as large.
    How do other games play.
    Don’t worry about being not too tech savvy the inter net is a great place to learn this stuff. You just take it step by step and press the hard reset button if it goes **** up.
    If your into gaming buddy your going to have to pick abit up it’ll help in the long run.

Thank you digga! This is the kind of help the community needs!
  • CurvedTax769796
    Will do. I already have someone in mind that works with computers. Thanks again, the help is very much appreciated. Thought I had already sent
  • VBALL_MVP
    6022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It stinks that you dontbhace options. That's the biggest issue right now is that still in this age 30% of the US still doesn't have broadband options.

One thing I suggest is testing your line quality and buffer bloat. This can be done at DSLreports.com. They also have some good learning material too.

One question, do you see latency icons in the right corner of your screen?
  • CurvedTax769796
    This all is becoming the best part of the game, I'm increasing my knowledge of something that is not realm of everyday things
    I have seen them. They usually appear during peak afternoon hours between 1500 and 1700. My playing process is I check out the Server Browser list for my location, refresh it and then pick the match I want that has the most and the greenest bars. Playing today I checked latency during game play @ 47 but my ping average is 14.7
  • VBALL_MVP
    This all is becoming the best part of the game, I'm increasing my knowledge of something that is not realm of everyday things
    I have seen them. They usually appear during peak afternoon hours between 1500 and 1700. My playing process is I check out the Server Browser list for my location, refresh it and then pick the match I want that has the most and the greenest bars. Playing today I checked latency during game play @ 47 but my ping average is 14.7

The latency icons will cause game issues...playing at peak internet hours also increases the chances of getting them since that is when your ISP is stressed the most.

Other things that affect gameplay is what level of service you paid for. Lower internet tiers are maintained by throttling service...this also causes negative results.
  • beetroot888
    755 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Just to back up what dude said. I had major issues with latency, hit reg, server drops etc. Once i switched to ethernet cable and opened ports to router problems disappeared. My isp is junk but game still runs great now. Not perfect but great. Im on us east coast.
  • CurvedTax769796
    Thanks for the info. It will all help