Hit Detection

Comments

  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Mosvalve wrote: »
    @VBALL_MVP look at this image. It is of a PC player and his network graph. Do you think there is lag in this game? His ping(latency) to the server is 101 ms and the tick rate is 60hz but the srv tick is 9.5...maxresdefault.jpg

    SRVTICK is the time it takes for the server to process data. The lower it is the better since it means the server is processing data before a "Tick" (33ms for 30hz). So this is where I'm confused why you are saying 16ms is half of what it should be. If it was in the 30's it would mean that the server has a great opportunity to not finish processing data in a Tick amd it would carry over in the next Tick. This is what causes OHKs, dying around corners, and other wtf instames just like what lizzard was experiencing.

    Edit: I'm referencing 30hz since that's console, for 60hz 16ms is a tick so need to be down in the single digits for a good experience. It's not a indicator of lag though, and in that instance I would say his SrvTick is in an ok range.

    So when answering my post. You tryed to disprove what I wrote? Even when I actually agree with you!?

    The questions and concerns about why the gameplay experience feels bad, when SrvTick goes up.
    Even though it is well inside the limits of what the tickrate is at 30hz.

    That part you didn't even touch!
    Why so?

    Since you now clearly, do go in to that topic...

    Are you trying to have a serious discussion, or do you try to make people look stupid?


    We already know package loss is bad. For everyone!

    We know that Highpingers suffer from disadvantages and have advantages!

    How does 20 players with a ping constantly fluctuating rapidly inside of a 500ms span.
    Affect the server?

    And again.
    Why do both you and me, and a very **** group of players.
    Feel that the responsiveness and the gameplay goes bad, when SrvTick goes up to 18-25ms?

    25ms is still inside of the 33ms limit!

    Can we focus on that part and try to not be condescending against people that asks questions.. Since that behavior wont make us go forward!

    Edit/
    English is not my native language. So I apologize if im using words in some way, that may sound bad. Its not by mening.

    Yes we are in agreement that higher SrvTick the worse the game is, I think we have been agreement of that since day 1. What we disagree on is what and how does it increase.

    Packets out of order and packet loss will increase the load on the CPU, so will map size and number of players. But not high latency. And having high latency does not mean you will have packet loss or high jitter. These are the things I don't agree with because I know for a fact distance doesn't create packetloss, there are many things that cause it and everyone, EVERYONE, will have packetloss one time or another. It's how much and how long that makes a difference.

    Well said.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Mosvalve wrote: »

    Lmao. Best example so far.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It appears "hz" and "ms" are being confused on this thread. Can we at least agree they are not the same? Hz is a measurement of frequency, while ms is a measurement of time.

    Actually Hz is cycles per second, 30Hz is equal to 33.3ms. 60Hz would be 16.6ms
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think they degrade the server performance because theres a bunch of players with bad connections or OOR going 20-0 and topping the leader boards most games the server is clearly running smoothly for them and they aren't experiencing any issues, I think its the way the game tries to compensate the other lower latency players most likely by adding delays or using artificial latency which means the game gets completely out of sync for the lower latency players, also theres awful connections and packet loss the server is clearly struggles to place them correctly in the game and it breaks the auto rotation so aiming at them feels weird and glitchy.
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    stuwooster wrote: »
    It appears "hz" and "ms" are being confused on this thread. Can we at least agree they are not the same? Hz is a measurement of frequency, while ms is a measurement of time.

    Actually Hz is cycles per second, 30Hz is equal to 33.3ms. 60Hz would be 16.6ms

    No, cycles per second is how frequency is measured. Hz is the unit of frequency. Your calculations are correct though.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Mosvalve wrote: »
    @VBALL_MVP look at this image. It is of a PC player and his network graph. Do you think there is lag in this game? His ping(latency) to the server is 101 ms and the tick rate is 60hz but the srv tick is 9.5...maxresdefault.jpg

    SRVTICK is the time it takes for the server to process data. The lower it is the better since it means the server is processing data before a "Tick" (33ms for 30hz). So this is where I'm confused why you are saying 16ms is half of what it should be. If it was in the 30's it would mean that the server has a great opportunity to not finish processing data in a Tick amd it would carry over in the next Tick. This is what causes OHKs, dying around corners, and other wtf instames just like what lizzard was experiencing.

    Edit: I'm referencing 30hz since that's console, for 60hz 16ms is a tick so need to be down in the single digits for a good experience. It's not a indicator of lag though, and in that instance I would say his SrvTick is in an ok range.

    So when answering my post. You tryed to disprove what I wrote? Even when I actually agree with you!?

    The questions and concerns about why the gameplay experience feels bad, when SrvTick goes up.
    Even though it is well inside the limits of what the tickrate is at 30hz.

    That part you didn't even touch!
    Why so?

    Since you now clearly, do go in to that topic...

    Are you trying to have a serious discussion, or do you try to make people look stupid?


    We already know package loss is bad. For everyone!

    We know that Highpingers suffer from disadvantages and have advantages!

    How does 20 players with a ping constantly fluctuating rapidly inside of a 500ms span.
    Affect the server?

    And again.
    Why do both you and me, and a very **** group of players.
    Feel that the responsiveness and the gameplay goes bad, when SrvTick goes up to 18-25ms?

    25ms is still inside of the 33ms limit!

    Can we focus on that part and try to not be condescending against people that asks questions.. Since that behavior wont make us go forward!

    Edit/
    English is not my native language. So I apologize if im using words in some way, that may sound bad. Its not by mening.

    Yes we are in agreement that higher SrvTick the worse the game is, I think we have been agreement of that since day 1. What we disagree on is what and how does it increase.

    Packets out of order and packet loss will increase the load on the CPU, so will map size and number of players. But not high latency. And having high latency does not mean you will have packet loss or high jitter. These are the things I don't agree with because I know for a fact distance doesn't create packetloss, there are many things that cause it and everyone, EVERYONE, will have packetloss one time or another. It's how much and how long that makes a difference.

    Im not saying that you have to have more packet loss just because you have a high ping.
    I can play on eu servers with 0 packet loss and a ping around 30-60ms (dont know why some eu servers give you 60ms but they do)

    And I can play on US servers with 0 packet loss and a ping of 100-150ms.

    The thing im sceptical about. Is whether players from a place with completely different infrastructure. Really dont have package loss?

    France have really poor infrastructure regarding Internet, For example. Atleast a big part of the country..

    Guy's sharing Internet with there family.

    Players that have to use mobile Internet.
    Sure it sounds nice to get 20mb on a mobile device, instead of 5mb on copper wire..
    But how stable is the mobile connection?

    We can only assume things and create an opinion, based the on the info we are given.

    I'm of the believe, that its much easier to narrow down all the issues we are experiencing.
    If we can have a clean environment!
    Atleast then we don't have to wonder about if it's connection related.

    That's why I have been suggesting pinglimit on some test servers.
    Ideally they would also have a package loss limit.
    Pretty much like the test servers we had for bf4 and naval strike.
    Or the 30/45hz servers in bf4.
    But to test the effects of pinglimit.

    Simply a way for us and dice to see how the game and the servers perform in a cleaner environment.
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it an arab community challenge this week? Invade and infest the European servers. Oh no sorry guys. They just use those nicknames to troll. All in region players with perfect connections using iran iraq uae ksa qatar q8 as a jokes in their names and profiles. Sorry my bad.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Is it an arab community challenge this week? Invade and infest the European servers. Oh no sorry guys. They just use those nicknames to troll. All in region players with perfect connections using iran iraq uae ksa qatar q8 as a jokes in their names and profiles. Sorry my bad.

    Again you have no clue where they are from. Here is a question for you, if you moved to the US would you identify yourself as American? Please stop with the no proof one liners and sterotypes. They are not joking, they can be Iraqi...doesn't mean they are living there. Please spread your hate towards Arabs someplace else, it's not needed here.

    lizzard wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Mosvalve wrote: »
    @VBALL_MVP look at this image. It is of a PC player and his network graph. Do you think there is lag in this game? His ping(latency) to the server is 101 ms and the tick rate is 60hz but the srv tick is 9.5...maxresdefault.jpg

    SRVTICK is the time it takes for the server to process data. The lower it is the better since it means the server is processing data before a "Tick" (33ms for 30hz). So this is where I'm confused why you are saying 16ms is half of what it should be. If it was in the 30's it would mean that the server has a great opportunity to not finish processing data in a Tick amd it would carry over in the next Tick. This is what causes OHKs, dying around corners, and other wtf instames just like what lizzard was experiencing.

    Edit: I'm referencing 30hz since that's console, for 60hz 16ms is a tick so need to be down in the single digits for a good experience. It's not a indicator of lag though, and in that instance I would say his SrvTick is in an ok range.

    So when answering my post. You tryed to disprove what I wrote? Even when I actually agree with you!?

    The questions and concerns about why the gameplay experience feels bad, when SrvTick goes up.
    Even though it is well inside the limits of what the tickrate is at 30hz.

    That part you didn't even touch!
    Why so?

    Since you now clearly, do go in to that topic...

    Are you trying to have a serious discussion, or do you try to make people look stupid?


    We already know package loss is bad. For everyone!

    We know that Highpingers suffer from disadvantages and have advantages!

    How does 20 players with a ping constantly fluctuating rapidly inside of a 500ms span.
    Affect the server?

    And again.
    Why do both you and me, and a very **** group of players.
    Feel that the responsiveness and the gameplay goes bad, when SrvTick goes up to 18-25ms?

    25ms is still inside of the 33ms limit!

    Can we focus on that part and try to not be condescending against people that asks questions.. Since that behavior wont make us go forward!

    Edit/
    English is not my native language. So I apologize if im using words in some way, that may sound bad. Its not by mening.

    Yes we are in agreement that higher SrvTick the worse the game is, I think we have been agreement of that since day 1. What we disagree on is what and how does it increase.

    Packets out of order and packet loss will increase the load on the CPU, so will map size and number of players. But not high latency. And having high latency does not mean you will have packet loss or high jitter. These are the things I don't agree with because I know for a fact distance doesn't create packetloss, there are many things that cause it and everyone, EVERYONE, will have packetloss one time or another. It's how much and how long that makes a difference.

    Im not saying that you have to have more packet loss just because you have a high ping.
    I can play on eu servers with 0 packet loss and a ping around 30-60ms (dont know why some eu servers give you 60ms but they do)

    And I can play on US servers with 0 packet loss and a ping of 100-150ms.

    The thing im sceptical about. Is whether players from a place with completely different infrastructure. Really dont have package loss?

    France have really poor infrastructure regarding Internet, For example. Atleast a big part of the country..

    Guy's sharing Internet with there family.

    Players that have to use mobile Internet.
    Sure it sounds nice to get 20mb on a mobile device, instead of 5mb on copper wire..
    But how stable is the mobile connection?

    We can only assume things and create an opinion, based the on the info we are given.

    I'm of the believe, that its much easier to narrow down all the issues we are experiencing.
    If we can have a clean environment!
    Atleast then we don't have to wonder about if it's connection related.

    That's why I have been suggesting pinglimit on some test servers.
    Ideally they would also have a package loss limit.
    Pretty much like the test servers we had for bf4 and naval strike.
    Or the 30/45hz servers in bf4.
    But to test the effects of pinglimit.

    Simply a way for us and dice to see how the game and the servers perform in a cleaner environment.

    Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

    As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

    It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Your comments arent needed either. I dont hate arabs. Stop putting words in my mouth. Im just fed up that Euro servers is middle east now. But is ok the constantly defending makes you look like s biased fanboy. I guess my neughbour is hamoodi_ksa haha. Your opinion isnt a fact you don know were they are from either so i judge this book by its cover. Good day.

    On topic. Forget the ping capped servers. Its our wet dream. If they cant even implementent ping numerals in scoreboard or are too cheap to provide beter hardware you can hace 10000000 cte aka beta tests. Nothing will change. Devs beem promising ping numerals since bfbc2. Just 1 dev here responding which is appreciated wont change a thing yet.

    Post edited by Immortal_0neShot on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your comments arent needed either. I dont hate arabs. Stop putting words in my mouth. Im just fed up that Euro servers is middle east now. But is ok the constantly defending makes you look like s biased fanboy. I guess my neughbour is hamoodi_ksa haha. Your opinion isnt a fact you don know were they are from either so i judge this book by its cover. Good day.

    On topic. Forget the ping capped servers. Its our wet dream. If they cant even implementent ping numerals in scoreboard or are too cheap to provide beter hardware you can hace 10000000 cte aka beta tests. Nothing will change. Devs beem promising ping numerals since bfbc2. Just 1 dev here responding which is appreciated wont change a thing yet.

    Ps. Lets wait for the voteup tagteam to join.

    You never answered my question. If you moved to the US, would you identify yourself as American?

    Almost 3 milion Arabs immigrated to the UK. You think they all identify as English? Seriously to think that someone wouldn't be proud of their heritage and not display it is foolish. Just as foolish as thinking that they are joking or trolling. Very offensive IMO that you think my SN is a troll or a joke just because I display my nationally instead of the country I reside in.

    But go on your tirade of hate among people. To judge base off of a screen name.....very sad....sad..sad...sad..
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Stop playing the victim here and make iy so that im hating on your SN just to get me banned. I know your motives. Im not hating on anyone. You say i do. And whi are you to believe if you answer a question you will get an answer. You dodge question all the time yourself. Get of your high horse.

    Stop pretending to be a network guru. You are just like me a simple forum user. Nothing less nothing more. I and others asked you so many other questions you choose to ignore. So i choose to answer. And please stop with all the derailing about movements percentages. Makes you look even more fanboyish. So according to you tje middle east is almost empry. I would call dice right now. Guess that region dont need servers anymore because thet all live in tje UK now.


    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/84324/so-why-can-you-still-select-to-join-foreign-lobbies#latest

    Guess all the ksa uae and others moved to that region too.

    Dont respond to me you always create a toxic environment in every thread you go its gey locked. Too bad your elbow deep and pro dice ea and soon a mod come and tells me to chill out. Regarding your SN. Mad suits you right.
    Post edited by Immortal_0neShot on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Stop playing the victim here and make iy so that im hating on your SN just to get me banned. I know your motives. Im not hating on anyone. You say i do. And whi are you to believe if you answer a question you will get an answer. You dodge question all the time yourself. Get of your high horse.

    Stop pretending to be a network guru. You are just like me a simple forum user. Nothing less nothing more. I and others asked you so many other questions you choose to ignore. So i choose to answer. And please stop with all the derailing about movements percentages. Makes you look even more fanboyish. So according to you tje middle east is almost empry. I would call dice right now. Guess that region dont need servers anymore because thet all live in tje UK now.


    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/84324/so-why-can-you-still-select-to-join-foreign-lobbies#latest

    Guess all the ksa uae and others moved to that region too.

    Dont respond to me you always create a toxic environment in every thread you go its gey locked. Too bad your elbow deep and pro dice ea and soon a mod come and tells me to chill out. Regarding your SN. Mad suits you right.

    Hey I'm only quoting you, you said people who have names like ksa and are not physically there are either trolling or joking....it's not me putting words in your mouth..it's what you said.

    I really don't care what you think my background work is. The fact is that you are determining that a person's Screen Name is where they are from, on top of it you assume that people from the middle east dint have any sort of internet what so ever. Both of these are fallacies and show that you don't know what you are talking about....you just want to spew hate at any person that kills you.

    It's fine you don't answer my question, we know that if you did it will collapse your whole theory of how to determine who is OOR or not. The fact you choose to not answer the question and LIE about your reasoning. Ive asked you before to ask me the question I avoided but you never seem to ask it again. It's just an excuse.

    But hey continue your blind hate train...

    @oJU5T1No it's just not true. Have you played OOR? If it was such an advatage, every tryhard who explot head glitches and OP guns would be rushing to play OOR.
  • Schmo13
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

    As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

    It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.


    So what do you suggest for testing then?
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    I was being sarcastic about calling them trolls because you said earlier ehen people mentioned user names thay it could be to troll or are joke. so i was already giving an response whhat otherwise you would have said . SARCASM

    regarding your logic: You were the guy who said in BFBC2 their were lag switchers on dedicated servers and in BF4 you said DICE fixed the lag and the PC community was just bad because ping filters werent necessary anymore.

    Yes you are absolutly right. With those 2 comments alone you reallly showed me and others how good your knowledge is. Now please go promote your BS somewere else. Funny thing is the majority here already knows how you operate. you are the one here who is clueless. Who do you think you are btw.

    You demand answers but when questioned you put up a wall of text with only more questions and own logic why i dont answer your question. you are probably a 3-4 digit lagger yourself. You had crappy internet in BF4, cried about it, after months you changed your router, because you are so pro network guru. a average user checks that first IMO and that fixed your problem and now by your logic its all in our end.

    Newsflash,its the game and the poor support it gets, connection wise and hardware wise. You make vids and they are proof. if other make vids showing otherwirse its bad aim lead shots more etc etc. and you wonder why why the most people here ignore you questions and vid begging. As long as people like you really believe high ping isnt an advantage you are clueless.
    @oJU5T1No it's just not true. Have you played OOR? If it was such an advatage, every tryhard who explot head glitches and OP guns would be rushing to play OOR.


    ^^ they are already doing it, I suggest you look at other threads:)

    Goodnight.
    Post edited by Immortal_0neShot on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Schmo13 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

    As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

    It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.


    So what do you suggest for testing then?

    Well there is not one route, you have to take it piece by piece. Like I said a speedtest amd trace is a start but first you have to choose the right speedtest server, by default it chooses the nearest one. From there if all checks out, need to move on to a line quality test and see your jitter. Then check by doing a repeatin ping to a BF server with large data. You can also examine your internal network, get off of wireless, or make sure if youre wired you don't have emi. As one stated here, make sure your router is set up and can handle all the configurations. Log the times when you have good games and bad games so you can see a pattern, and so forth.

    It's not easy trust me, took me months of investigating (not to mention finally accepting that I haven't done everything to proove my side wasn't the issue) to get to the answer. But I made a choice to get to the bottom of the issue or accept my bad experience and stop complaining about something I had zero evidence on.

    Once I fixed it, I was able to out the nail in the coffin by joining numerous domination games that were being rented by "supposed oors" and playing in them with Zero issues. I also review my gameplay whenever I think I was robbed, amd pretty quickly I can see that what I "saw" in the heat of the moment was easily explainible.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most of the time the game plays better when I play OOR on the US servers i'm from the UK , i'm 30ms ping to EU servers , 90ms to us east and 160ms to us west, I mainly play on us west servers this offers the best experience for me also I seem to survive sometimes when I defiantly should have died theres something very wrong with how damage registers to 100+ ping players. Playing on the EU servers only offers a better experience when all the other players on the server have good connections and aren't teleporting and warping all the over the place that is the best experience but its impossible to find a server where 63 players all have good connections.
  • Schmo13
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Schmo13 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

    As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

    It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.


    So what do you suggest for testing then?

    Well there is not one route, you have to take it piece by piece. Like I said a speedtest amd trace is a start but first you have to choose the right speedtest server, by default it chooses the nearest one. From there if all checks out, need to move on to a line quality test and see your jitter. Then check by doing a repeatin ping to a BF server with large data. You can also examine your internal network, get off of wireless, or make sure if youre wired you don't have emi. As one stated here, make sure your router is set up and can handle all the configurations. Log the times when you have good games and bad games so you can see a pattern, and so forth.

    It's not easy trust me, took me months of investigating (not to mention finally accepting that I haven't done everything to proove my side wasn't the issue) to get to the answer. But I made a choice to get to the bottom of the issue or accept my bad experience and stop complaining about something I had zero evidence on.

    Once I fixed it, I was able to out the nail in the coffin by joining numerous domination games that were being rented by "supposed oors" and playing in them with Zero issues. I also review my gameplay whenever I think I was robbed, amd pretty quickly I can see that what I "saw" in the heat of the moment was easily explainible.

    Where do i find this info on BF servers? Ive looked recently and could hardly even locate a general location.

    I've spent my day today re configuring my old Asus ac66, uodated firmware ect. Getting slightly better results, mostly jitter. Only run wired too. Im trying to bypass my isp router/modem as much as possible.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Schmo13 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Schmo13 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    Yeah infrastructure means everything, but like your example, there are many french people on decent infrastructure as well. But even if they have a poor infrastructure they are playing in region, which ping limiters won't do anything to fix.

    As I stated before, 29mil families in the US dont have what is considered the average broadband connection. Out of them, many don't even have broadband period. So going after high latency and OOR players won't resolve that. The fact is that those people skipping around can be your neighbor or it could be your network that is the problem.

    It's easy that blame others, but what really takes skill is to make sure you're not that the issue.....it takes more than a couple speed tests and traces.


    So what do you suggest for testing then?

    Well there is not one route, you have to take it piece by piece. Like I said a speedtest amd trace is a start but first you have to choose the right speedtest server, by default it chooses the nearest one. From there if all checks out, need to move on to a line quality test and see your jitter. Then check by doing a repeatin ping to a BF server with large data. You can also examine your internal network, get off of wireless, or make sure if youre wired you don't have emi. As one stated here, make sure your router is set up and can handle all the configurations. Log the times when you have good games and bad games so you can see a pattern, and so forth.

    It's not easy trust me, took me months of investigating (not to mention finally accepting that I haven't done everything to proove my side wasn't the issue) to get to the answer. But I made a choice to get to the bottom of the issue or accept my bad experience and stop complaining about something I had zero evidence on.

    Once I fixed it, I was able to out the nail in the coffin by joining numerous domination games that were being rented by "supposed oors" and playing in them with Zero issues. I also review my gameplay whenever I think I was robbed, amd pretty quickly I can see that what I "saw" in the heat of the moment was easily explainible.

    Where do i find this info on BF servers? Ive looked recently and could hardly even locate a general location.

    I've spent my day today re configuring my old Asus ac66, uodated firmware ect. Getting slightly better results, mostly jitter. Only run wired too. Im trying to bypass my isp router/modem as much as possible.

    You have to packet snoop with software like WireShark to get the IP address.
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    Most of the time the game plays better when I play OOR on the US servers i'm from the UK , i'm 30ms ping to EU servers , 90ms to us east and 160ms to us west, I mainly play on us west servers this offers the best experience for me also I seem to survive sometimes when I defiantly should have died theres something very wrong with how damage registers to 100+ ping players. Playing on the EU servers only offers a better experience when all the other players on the server have good connections and aren't teleporting and warping all the over the place that is the best experience but its impossible to find a server where 63 players all have good connections.

    Like I said before I got video to prove other wise that a with a server full of oor, they don't have the advantage.

    Also have plenty of my vid, and others posted showing that over 100ms there is not an advatage. Again, as some shown, you can camp in a corner and play far away from action and do well with high latency, but that's not an advatage that's changing your tactics to mask your disadvantage.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14198 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Is it an arab community challenge this week? Invade and infest the European servers. Oh no sorry guys. They just use those nicknames to troll. All in region players with perfect connections using iran iraq uae ksa qatar q8 as a jokes in their names and profiles. Sorry my bad.

    I think you know where this is heading.. And I strongly suggest you stop now before you lose your posting abilities again.

    Now keep it on topic, Or I will be locking the thread and issuing a suspension to the culprit.
Sign In or Register to comment.