Hit Detection

Comments

• scienceteacher74
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol, you obviously don't play Battlefront 2 if you think this games has bugs! This game is close to perfect
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just jumped on for a game for the first time in a while....... is the hitreg totally screwed now? Unbelievably bad in the 15mins i could stand to stay on for :( Guess my 25 latency is too low seeing as i keep getting shot around corners too.........
  • ackers75
    1759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just jumped on for a game for the first time in a while....... is the hitreg totally screwed now? Unbelievably bad in the 15mins i could stand to stay on for :( Guess my 25 latency is too low seeing as i keep getting shot around corners too.........
    Yep them bendy bullets are infuriating.
    It won’t change am afraid

• HillbillyJohn
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

Never thought I'd be saying this but BF4 plays much better than BF1.
  • ackers75
    1759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have gone back to it lol.

• HillbillyJohn
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have gone back to it lol.

Same here.
  • UrinDenialP
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

now hat if they were getting that latency figure actually from the start of your WAN ip? and the wan ip was actually closer to the ea servers (in my case 500km closer)?

what effect would this have?
    think about it
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield 5 is 100 times worse than bf1 netcode wise, they have servers in the UK now where I am so my ping is even lower 12ms-14ms, its completely unplayable on a low ping I had to play on the US servers at 100ms just so it was somewhat playable. If you don't like the netcode in this game don't even bother with 5.

• ackers75
    Not played bf1 on console for ages and nothing has changed.

Netcode abysmal!
  • RetroGMR083
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have this on pc now but I still play on Xbox One X. Today, there were a few times I had someone dead on sniping them and it never hit them!
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hit detection issues were so kindly introduced by dice in the spring 2017 patch and they have given us great lip service since. It was such a marvelous thing to introduce.
  • digga11
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s the worst it’s ever been right now for sure, out of 10 shots on target your lucky if 6 get registered. Mag dumping.
  • HillbillyJohn
    digga11 wrote: »
    It’s the worst it’s ever been right now for sure, out of 10 shots on target your lucky if 6 get registered. Mag dumping.

Agreed.
  • Str1xt
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    And two years on its the same as day one. I have changed provider 3 times. It's still the same. I feel every other player has the drop on me. I try to lie down and get out of the way of bullets, but my player keeps popping back up because i'm already dead. fly too close to the ground and you crash into nothing. replay shows you it differently. riding a horse is impossible as jumping a fence is so out of sync. I have a great connection, over the top p c and i have no idea what to do.
  • nbrado
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    pffffffff I canned this awful game last night when a direct mortar on a horse did NOTHING :D

Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I wonder if the hit detection issues many are having may be due to random bullet deviation, spread, or the altered kill trade system instead. I'm not saying it's not a netcode issue, just wondering if these various factors come to play at all in regards to the poor hit detection that many are facing (including myself).
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if the hit detection issues many are having may be due to random bullet deviation, spread, or the altered kill trade system instead. I'm not saying it's not a netcode issue, just wondering if these various factors come to play at all in regards to the poor hit detection that many are facing (including myself).

Short answer..yes.
  • RRedux
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

I'd agree that there might be false reports as a result of spread etc, but when you shoot at someone, and get the blood splatter animation because your bullet hit the enemy player model, but you don't get a hitmarker and have done 0 damage with that shot, it's a pretty solid indication that the hit detection is failing.

Not to mention the times you seemingly get 1 shot by a weapon that isn't a 1 shot even with 100% headshot. When that happens, it's because your position that got predicted by the simulation put you in line of sight of the enemy before the enemy was visually in line of sight of you. Meaning that when you see the enemy, the enemy has already shot you a bunch of times, and all the damage gets counted at once, creating a virtual 1-shot.

I think a dev explained how the system works in this thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58255/hit-detection/p1
  • mudpig44
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don´t get me wrong, it is the best BF Game since BC2 and I like it a lot, the overall technical experience is pretty good. And I really appreciate the time you take to answer here. Also it is awesome to hear, that you are willing to make improvements to this great game.

I made small clip last night wich sums it up pretty good I guess
    https://account.xbox.com/de-de/gameclip/dee54156-7a6e-44b8-a541-1c89aed613ff?gamerTag=der Metatron&scid=72010100-7d7f-4105-b34e-3ec552a4c121

The interesting Part is starting at 00:18, before that it is **** aim on my account.

Hunter Model 10 close range Hip fire, that usually is doing the Trick. Enemy gets around the corner, I shoot first (the Animation is there), the shot is a llittle bit off center, but at least should generate some Hit Markers. I am one shotted, due to not being on full Health (wich is fine). Killcam shows that the enemy has still 100 % and THAT should be not possible

For me it does not look like problems with damage calculation, rather it looks like he was way more to the left from my point of view. I only cann guess that this had something to do with his client to Server connection wich was not able to send my Client the correct data in time.

I only play on EU Servers and I bet if the rentals Servers had any chance of blocking High Pingers or OOR Players the community would appreciate that.

As soon as that player left the game "Hit detection" was spot on again.

Clearly you're taking the pi$$ about this being the best since BC2.
    This game is an absolute disaster. I, like many others, can't actually get this game to work properly.
    I, like many others, have gone back to playing BF1 and BF4.
    I, like many others, have told friends not to bother buying this game.
    I'm pi$$ed that I pre ordered the deluxe digital download and couldn't get it to work until everyone else got the standard. Then after the patches it's just completely terrible and inconsistent gameplay.
    All I want is my money back but we all know that's not going to happen and I'm stuck with something I can't get any enjoyment out of.
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mudpig44 wrote: »
    Clearly you're taking the pi$$ about this being the best since BC2.
    This game is an absolute disaster. I, like many others, can't actually get this game to work properly.
    I, like many others, have gone back to playing BF1 and BF4.
    I, like many others, have told friends not to bother buying this game.
    I'm pi$$ed that I pre ordered the deluxe digital download and couldn't get it to work until everyone else got the standard. Then after the patches it's just completely terrible and inconsistent gameplay.
    All I want is my money back but we all know that's not going to happen and I'm stuck with something I can't get any enjoyment out of.

Buddy you are commenting on a BF1 comment I made months ago. BF1 was deinstalled because it played like CoD.....