Hit Detection

Comments

• skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hit indicator is really busted right now. Things like busted sound (footsteps), busted hit indicators, and busted hit markers are all big problems and all are found in this game. I have video clips where I clearly get headshot with krag and it didn't kill them.. I get color of headshot and sound also makes headshot sound but don't get the kill. That has happened about 5x over last week.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hit indicator is really busted right now. Things like busted sound (footsteps), busted hit indicators, and busted hit markers are all big problems and all are found in this game. I have video clips where I clearly get headshot with krag and it didn't kill them.. I get color of headshot and sound also makes headshot sound but don't get the kill. That has happened about 5x over last week.

Whether a hit is authenticated is dependent on it hitting in the servers simulation. It is the authority in all aspects. What you and I see of other players is delayed. I really wish you people would come to terms with that. Your ping and your opponents ping determine the age of what you are seeing on screen. Hit detection is based on what the server knows. Not what you see.

• BaronVonGoon
    6199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To help you guys here's a graphical representation of what you often see:

lag-comp.gif
  • WingnutDaCat
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We're in the 21st century now, so perhaps programmers could figure out how to even the scales, between A and B. Even Mario Brothers is quicker, now.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We're in the 21st century now, so perhaps programmers could figure out how to even the scales, between A and B. Even Mario Brothers is quicker, now.

it's called ping limits. There's no other way that's balanced and fair.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why would it be so hard to implement ping limits? Say maybe on 50 servers. Wouldn't that leave plenty of servers for no ping limits?
  • diagoro
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why would it be so hard to implement ping limits? Say maybe on 50 servers. Wouldn't that leave plenty of servers for no ping limits?

They had ping limits in BF1, for all of two weeks. Just like TTK 2, a little bit of crying and Dice removed it. But those two weeks really stood out, was amazing hoa well the game felt.

Now in BFV, it feels 100X worse.
  • diagoro
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    Just played in a Euro server with 160 latency. TTD felt much better, but TTK was really bad.

Experiment over.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »

They had ping limits in BF1, for all of two weeks. Just like TTK 2, a little bit of crying and Dice removed it. But those two weeks really stood out, was amazing hoa well the game felt.

Now in BFV, it feels 100X worse.

Yeah I remember. It was like April or May of 2017? And it was some wonderful gameplay. But I think it only lasted for about 5 days.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13

Whether a hit is authenticated is dependent on it hitting in the servers simulation. It is the authority in all aspects. What you and I see of other players is delayed. I really wish you people would come to terms with that. Your ping and your opponents ping determine the age of what you are seeing on screen. Hit detection is based on what the server knows. Not what you see.

Dude I apologize I don't have over 6600 post on here and am not a know all be all but what I do know is I've been sniped or shot from someone directly behind me and it says i'm being shot in my face.. I know this due to when they kill me the kill cam assures me the sound I heard was directly in the direction opposite of the indicator. I don't care the reasoning I care about it being corrected. I never had this problem with COD. So go take that holier than thou mess somewhere else.
    Post edited by skins4ever21 on
  • Rev0verDrive
    Dude I apologize I don't have over 6600 post on here and am not a know all be all but what I do know is I've been sniped or shot from someone directly behind me and it says i'm being shot in my face.. I know this due to when they kill me the kill cam assures me the sound I heard was directly in the direction opposite of the indicator. I don't care the reasoning I care about it being corrected. I never had this problem with COD. So go take that holier than thou mess somewhere else.

Lol. I'll take it under advisement.

Just to be clear I never have this problem with Tetris. :D :'(
  • HillbillyJohn
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't believe that is a fair assessment of Rev, He has tirelessly tried to educate those of us that don't understand the coding and how the game works, I for one commend him for his efforts.
  • skins4ever21

I don't believe that is a fair assessment of Rev, He has tirelessly tried to educate those of us that don't understand the coding and how the game works, I for one commend him for his efforts.

I don't have no problem with the guy I'm just saying I know what my experience in this game is like and there is no denying that I've been killed many times where the hit indicator did not reflect actual direction the person was shooting me from. I try to focus more on sound then the indicator but sometimes it's tricky. I just don't like being talked to like an idiot as I'm sure he does not either. I've played many games with hit indicators and this is the only one that is busted like this. I don't care the reason I care that it's not fixed. As far as what I see and the enemy sees being 2 different things I have that happen with pretty much every shooter ever so I get that but the indicator deal is a total new issue to me and I don't remember it being busted at launch but we also didn't have kill cam to reassure you that there was an issue.
  • Rev0verDrive
    Drop a video of the issue. Get more eyes on it.
  • skins4ever21
    Drop a video of the issue. Get more eyes on it.

I'll try to remember. It's not consistently doing it. It doesn't happen every time someone shoots me it's just here and there but I'll try to remember to save a clip.
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 22

He's right. That's how this and every other game using serverside hit detection works. You should care about the reasoning because that's exactly why you are seeing it.
  • skins4ever21

He's right. That's how this and every other game using serverside hit detection works. You should care about the reasoning because that's exactly why you are seeing it.

I'm saying I don't care why it happens cause I can't fix the issue. I'm just saying I want it resolved. I don't remember this happening to me in battlefield 1 and I don't think it happened when I 1st bought game I think after one of the patches they released it started doing it. Pretty sure when they made footsteps overly loud that's when it started.
  • Anadunae
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never had this issue - save for when I'm lagging.