Hit Detection

Comments

• mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah lol. Wrote it. Just woke up. Had to edit some typos from writing on Phone.

Yeah see you next year. Guess OOR and high ping isnt an advantage will.still be the theory. Thank god pc will be tje main feedback for CTE not these trolls with 3 digits ping themselves. See on you pc someday. Oh no wait. Autokick for high ping. I suggest you stay here with your upvote platoon and try to educate that OOR and high ping isnt a problem and that all foreign usernames are probably in region gamers. And you need pc users as prove but problem is they never tested on PS4 with full lag happy hour. Lol. Good luck.

Relax m8. Now you just seem mad. High ping is not an advantage, at least you are only telling half truths with that statement.

All platforms can give feedback for CTE just like in BF4.

3 digit pings and the rest of the nonsense? Anyways.... Happy gaming and no need to worry on the typos. It happens. :)
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    MARAUDER71 wrote: »
    Lol that logic. So every hamoodi or abood_ksa is just trolling. Have their psn profiles in arabic just for fun. Ok that is one way to look at it. Ps. Im not really Immortal.

I dare you. Start up bf3. Select Europe and noshcanals. See al the asmin names. See the server banners. Its all arabic. But all trolls right? See for yourself. I made screenshots but got banned for it because it was naming and shaming. Didnt know a server was a person. Guess sometimes truth stings a little. I believe even your buddy king tolapsium said something about ksa on noshar canals. Maybe if he repeats it you will take his word over mine.

It has nothing to do with trolling, what is wrong with you sometimes? My nationally is Bosnian, my nick name is Mad Bosnian, that's why I choose the screenname. Just because I live in the US doesn't mean I have to identify myself as American. I have a neighbor who is Puerto Rican, his SN has a PR in front....Doesn't mean he is there right now playing. That is a very narrow minded throught process...but then again you have made the statement that many from Afghanistan are playing as well.

Go to Switzerland, there you will see people in Basil talking German, people in Delamonte (sp?), speaking only French.....yet they are Swiss. You can't judge a person's location by language and Screennames.

But realistically.. those numbers of people with oor type sreennames etc... That are actually playing IN region is going to be small... You expect us 2 believe that 95% of players with screen names like that are actually playing IN region?

They are OOR according to some ksa irak iran q8 is empty now and all life in the UK. I think they should tell dice that the middle isnt a region anymore. They are all in the UK. Did you like the respons about the documentary lol. Some here just refuse to acknowledge something. But when they speak it is fact. And they wonder why we call them trolls. Now they will say im argueing and will call in a mod because i name them trolls. Ah well at least i learned one thing and that is as long ad some trolls here believe what they are writing i pitty this community sadly im part of. No ban me lol. Saves me the agony of coming here daily.

Some make excellent post some just bait and i took it. We know who.

I ll check this game in a year and probably will see hamoodi_ksa still skipping over the map but i guess its my tv causing the issue. Its only a brandnew 4k oled with 2 ms gamemode and was only €2999. lol. Oh well. Good day for all and thanks midchtag for your suppory and feedback. Really appreciate it. :smile:

Wow, I see the ignorance is still in you. Still hating on anyone who is Arab I see. It's people like you who bring this game to its knees with your conspiracies and beliefs that a name indicates where you are from.

I'll ask again, if you were moved to the US would you identify yourself as American?

We all know you're going to avoid that question, but that's fine we all know the answer.

Mr dodge himself demands an answer. see vball an answer without a wall of text or reference to a documentary just to prove........................................ nothing.

@markwell no worries mate, im not mad, i find its funny tbh. people here believe you have to me rocketscientist just to play BF. PING is the issues combined with poor netcode and an broken engine. you cant built a good house on a broken foundation. why tweak the roof while tjhe fundament is bad. yes all platform can give feedback but only one platfortm PC can participate. so giving feedback and not playing in CTE is not making sense because the feedback from players in CTEis more appreciated. ITs simple logic. But be my guess spam the cte forums.

How is that for basic. but im done argueing. i dont want this thread locked because of the dev responding.
    Post edited by Immortal_0neShot on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol that logic. So every hamoodi or abood_ksa is just trolling. Have their psn profiles in arabic just for fun. Ok that is one way to look at it. Ps. Im not really Immortal.

I dare you. Start up bf3. Select Europe and noshcanals. See al the asmin names. See the server banners. Its all arabic. But all trolls right? See for yourself. I made screenshots but got banned for it because it was naming and shaming. Didnt know a server was a person. Guess sometimes truth stings a little. I believe even your buddy king tolapsium said something about ksa on noshar canals. Maybe if he repeats it you will take his word over mine.

It has nothing to do with trolling, what is wrong with you sometimes? My nationally is Bosnian, my nick name is Mad Bosnian, that's why I choose the screenname. Just because I live in the US doesn't mean I have to identify myself as American. I have a neighbor who is Puerto Rican, his SN has a PR in front....Doesn't mean he is there right now playing. That is a very narrow minded throught process...but then again you have made the statement that many from Afghanistan are playing as well.

Go to Switzerland, there you will see people in Basil talking German, people in Delamonte (sp?), speaking only French.....yet they are Swiss. You can't judge a person's location by language and Screennames.

But realistically.. those numbers of people with oor type sreennames etc... That are actually playing IN region is going to be small... You expect us 2 believe that 95% of players with screen names like that are actually playing IN region?

They are OOR according to some ksa irak iran q8 is empty now and all life in the UK. I think they should tell dice that the middle isnt a region anymore. They are all in the UK. Did you like the respons about the documentary lol. Some here just refuse to acknowledge something. But when they speak it is fact. And they wonder why we call them trolls. Now they will say im argueing and will call in a mod because i name them trolls. Ah well at least i learned one thing and that is as long ad some trolls here believe what they are writing i pitty this community sadly im part of. No ban me lol. Saves me the agony of coming here daily.

I ll check this game in a year and probably will see hamoodi_ksa still skipping over the map but i guess its my tv causing the issue. Its only a brandnew 4k oled with 2 ms gamemode and was only €2999. lol. Oh well. Good day for all and thanks midchtag for your suppory and feedback. Really appreciate it. :smile:

Wow, I see the ignorance is still in you. Still hating on anyone who is Arab I see. It's people like you who bring this game to its knees with your conspiracies and beliefs that a name indicates where you are from.

I'll ask again, if you were moved to the US would you identify yourself as American?

We all know you're going to avoid that question, but that's fine we all know the answer.

Mr dodge himself demands an answer. see vball an answer without a wall of text or reference to a documentary just to prove........................................ nothing.

@markwell no worries mate, im not mad, i find its funny tbh. people here believe you have to me rocketscientist just to play BF. PING is the issues combined with poor netcode and an broken engine. you cant built a good house on a broken foundation. why tweak the roof while tjhe fundament is bad.

How is that for basic. but im done argueing. i dont want this thread locked because of the dev responding.

I never demand ed anything...you just like exaggerating...par for the course.

The irony is you are criticizing me for posting to proove nothing yet I have not seen an ounce of evidence from you...just your conspiracies that you can pinpoint every persons location by their screenname.

To take your house analogy, you state their are cracks in the foundation...yet you don't want to show anyone where they are to inspect them.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some video clips of said problems would be nice.
  • Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oof14346 wrote: »
    Some video clips of said problems would be nice.

if you browse through the forums here plenty can be found and YT is a good source too. most people post on YT its better and you dont have to compress the clip I believe.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

@markwell no worries mate, im not mad, i find its funny tbh. people here believe you have to me rocketscientist just to play BF. PING is the issues combined with poor netcode and an broken engine. you cant built a good house on a broken foundation. why tweak the roof while tjhe fundament is bad.

The irony is you are criticizing me for posting to proove nothing yet I have not seen an ounce of evidence from you...just your conspiracies that you can pinpoint every persons location by their screenname.

To take your house analogy, you state their are cracks in the foundation...yet you don't want to show anyone where they are to inspect them.

Says the guy that rants about how broken the netcode is and how incompetent the developers are... Lol you make me laugh for real!

You have already pointed out the cracks in the foundation! Why would someone else ned to do that once again?
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    lizzard wrote: »

Says the guy that rants about how broken the netcode is and how incompetent the developers are... Lol you make me laugh for real!

You have already pointed out the cracks in the foundation! Why would someone else ned to do that once again?

I know it is hilarious isn't it?

Instead of thinking that these really talented guys at Dice are totally crap at writing code, wouldn't it be easier to believe that the issues are caused by something out of their control?

Like, how EA allows any quality of connection, from anywhere in the world to wreak havoc on their netcode?

@mischkag Shouldn't a player from across the ocean have an inherently high latency to servers? And since we know that the netcode can be stressed even from in region players(seemingly), with unreliable data transfer centers, etc...Wouldn't a lot of these OoR player's connections have the same stress and unreliable data transfers, happening to them? And due to their already inherently high latency and distance from the server, it makes a noticeably more negative impact on gameplay, when they are in servers.

That seems like reason enough for some servers, that have local matchmaking or connection monitors(both), so people with good connections can get together and play each other. Any idea why Dice/EA doesn't provide anything like this for a community that has been asking for these options, for years?

Thanks again, for your responses!
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    You know what they say about assuming.

Also.... NETCODE FIXES!

"Reduce maximum displacement of high ping players when missing updates.
    Fixed huge extrapolation times for good connections after frame spikes"

That'll be nice.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FlopTrain wrote: »

@mischkag Shouldn't a player from across the ocean have an inherently high latency to servers? And since we know that the netcode can be stressed even from in region players(seemingly), with unreliable data transfer centers, etc...Wouldn't a lot of these OoR player's connections have the same stress and unreliable data transfers, happening to them? And due to their already inherently high latency and distance from the server, it makes a noticeably more negative impact on gameplay, when they are in servers.

As @mischkag already stated,

"As far as the 91 ping from UK goes. You might have a better and more stable connection from UK to US EAST than some guys in Mid West going thru congested routers."

Personally, i get 9 hops to the transatlantic connection giving me a total of 20ms, the hop across the atlantic adds 70ms and the 2 hops from there to the US East server adds <5ms which would suggest they are connected right into the backbone.
    Regardless of distance, most of my latency comes from local hops within the UK, then its a straight line out over the ocean. It only takes 20ms for light to travel 3000 miles so i imagine some time is factored in for repeaters and switching at the end but the amount of routers i go through is minimal once i get past my local switching.

• jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone provide me with the US East server center ip address? I can't find that info anywhere and I'd like to do a traceroute—seems you have that info @stuwooster ?
  • FlopTrain
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    stuwooster wrote: »

"As far as the 91 ping from UK goes. You might have a better and more stable connection from UK to US EAST than some guys in Mid West going thru congested routers."

Personally, i get 9 hops to the transatlantic connection giving me a total of 20ms, the hop across the atlantic adds 70ms and the 2 hops from there to the US East server adds <5ms which would suggest they are connected right into the backbone.
    Regardless of distance, most of my latency comes from local hops within the UK, then its a straight line out over the ocean. It only takes 20ms for light to travel 3000 miles so i imagine some time is factored in for repeaters and switching at the end but the amount of routers i go through is minimal once i get past my local switching.

I doubt all players connecting from across the Atlantic will have such a decent connection.

Also, why play out of region, when you said you get 20ms in region? Why would you want to play OoR with a connection 4 times greater than your in region speed? Just curious...
  • Michael_Seaman
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well since the February patch this morning, I have to say things were a lot smoother and my hit detection was much improved. This could have just been a placebo or the fact that there weren't a lot of people playing at the time I was. If we continue in the direction of how things were going this morning, this game is going to get much better in terms of hit detection and gameplay.
  • Schmo13
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can someone provide me with the US East server center ip address? I can't find that info anywhere and I'd like to do a traceroute—seems you have that info @stuwooster ?

See this. Has every location for xbox servers. I would assume every platform is hosted at the same location, but i don't know that for sure.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/85248/updated-testing-your-connection-all-server-ips-and-locations#latest
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll give it a week before passing any judgment on the winter patch, just like previous patches.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @jdbelcher1998 Here you go - va2bf1prgm0303.ea.com

@FlopTrain I have a few American friends that i play with online. Also having <20ms ping has been a disadvantage playing with people with bad connections, having ping higher than 50-60ms has definitely felt smoother, we will see if that has changed in the new patch.
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, @Schmo13 and @stuwooster !
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2017
    stuwooster wrote: »

I doubt all players connecting from across the Atlantic will have such a decent connection.

Also, why play out of region, when you said you get 20ms in region? Why would you want to play OoR with a connection 4 times greater than your in region speed? Just curious...

Again not true. It's easy to have a stable connection overseas, just have ,to make sure that 1) Your hops go through quality ISPs and 2) The routers at each hop don't constantly get overloaded and drop packets.

You're assuming based on facts you want to believe. If connections overseas are always bad, you wouldn't see as many companies doing business in real time over them.

As for the coding comment. Read last patch notes, for example, lots if coding fixes to handle things better. Oh that's right, invisible walls, melee animation issues, and damage models are all due to OOR and not coding issues..please stop riding the ignorant train.

Edit: Oh look issues fixed that are "not due to coding" .

Improved cavalry victim experience. You should no longer get killed by cavalry using a saber from multiple meters away.

Increased the threshold for suppression effects to prevent suppression from occurring too early.
    Post edited by VBALL_MVP on
  • jdbelcher1998
    Again not true. It's easy to have a stable connection overseas, just have ,to make sure that 1) Your hops go through quality ISPs and 2) The routers at each hop don't constantly get overloaded and drop packets.
    Can you help me understand what you mean here? Number 2 is in control of your ISP, right? I mean, you could call them and talk to them about the router stability at one of the hops, but this isn't something you can be sure of, right? And as for "quality ISPs," this is also not in everyone's control. For instance, TWC has a complete monopoly on cable internet in my area. I have done everything I can on my end to clean up my connection and to improve it to the best I can, but some of this will be out of my control. Same goes for many. And I took that to be part of why @mischkag was saying it wouldn't work simply to have universal standards, that the best that can be done FIRST is to fix the netcode and then to work on other changes on a kind of improvised basis through conversations like this one.
  • PiercingGardian
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MikeyTT wrote: »
    It's not hit detection that's the issue. It's the network issues that causes it.

I have the same thing. Some games it's fine and I am 3 shotting with the medic DMRs as I would expect, other games I can be getting 5 or 6 hits in quick succession and they're still moving around.

This is called "Dusting" and it's caused by the issues with the frostbite engine, servers, connection between you the server and the other player. This issue of 'dusting' happens more often with players from other contries who join a server from quick matches and because either there servers are full, skill, or other reasonings is why they join. I notice that when I join from the U.S. to say a U.K. server I notice that I tend to have a slight advantage because of the slight lag, and connection because the server is trying to balance my lag with other players, which the lag also effects me negatively as well but the shots that should hit (typically from explosions) do not connect even tho that I know I should be at least hit also note that I didn't throw down any med/ammo bags to take the damage for me. This issue has never been fixed or probably never fully looked into by EA or DICE, because of the lack of details and the volumes of other complaints by the community. Also for those who look at my KDR I play mainly on U.S. servers because I like a good challenge, and for those 'wise guys' that think that they are going to get some cheap-ohs in to boost their KDR, the 'dusting' happens both ways so it will only save you from being killed maybe 3 or 4 times a match, unless you do it alot or have some actual skill in the game this won't work in your favor to much plus 'dusting' happens just as much for you as much as the other players in the server, so you're going to be spending more rounds than normal and it will decrease your accuracy because the game thinks you missed when ever you hit on your screen. :wink: Nice try tho.